The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We arrived tonight! Avoided the parking pass desk, but wondering if I'll need one and if they are going to persist?
We are in tower 4, beautiful and a firework view although I would have liked lake. (Didn't even mention it)
Anyone having trouble with the air conditioning not cold? I tried to do the over ride thing by pressing the fc button but it didn't do anything when it went to p6 , or whatever that is. It wouldn't let me lower the temp at all.
Hitting MK tomorrow, hoping for rope drop!

Make sure the sliding glass door to the balcony is closed securely and locked. We were having trouble with our AC last month and called maintenance and it was because the patio door wasn't securely closed. Once we closed and locked the door, the AC turned on.

Just got back last night. When we checked in, the clerk said I needed to do "one more thing, go and get my parking pass". I just smiled at him and kinda laughed and he said, "oh, you know about them, haha??" I said yep, won't be going there and he just told me to have a nice vacation. We walked right past the parking pass (sales) desk and back out to our car. We were there 5 days, never had a single issue with not having the pass. Just use your room key to get through the entrance gate and you will be fine. We saw lots of other cars without passes. Then my step daughters drove in to meet us and stay with us and they never got one either. Their car was parked in one spot 5 days (used our car the whole time), right in front of tower 5 and no issues whatsoever. We unplugged our phone when we got to our room. When DH plugged it back in yesterday am it said there was 1 message but it was blank.

Thanks for all the great advice! So I'm taking away from everyone's posts to avoid the parking pass desk and unplug the room phone. :)

Can I sneak one more question in? What is the fast food situation like around the resort? I'm wondering if we just poop out after a long day at the parks and decide to grab something quick for dinner on the way back to the resort, are there any close options or is it just easier to eat dinner at the park before we leave? What about pizza delivery options?

Thanks for all your help!

We had Dominoes deliver on one night. We had to meet them downstairs at their vehicle at the lobby 5 door as they can't get into the building but the driver was fine with getting thru the guard shack. There was no fast food that we passed between any of the parks and Bonnet Creek. There is a McDonalds closer to the All Star Value resorts but I don't know how to get there exactly. We drove about 10 - 15 miles to a Red Robin one night (address in in Winter Park), then back to that same shopping center to a Panera Bread another night. Then we shopped at that Super Target in that shopping center. There were many other restaurants in that shopping center. Taco Bell/KFC, a Chipotle, etc. The shopping center was off of Daniels Dr. exit.

Are coolers allowed in pool area?

Yes. Just no glass.

How can you avoid parking pass desk and be able to park your car?

Well, we walked out to our car and drove to our tower and parked. There was never anyone checking for the pass. You only go thru the guard gate when you go on and off property, and after you have your room key you go thru the unmanned part and just scan your room key to lift the gate. I'm just stating our experience, you have to do what you feel comfortable with. But many, many people on here have never had a problem with not having the pass.

We avoided the parking pass desk as well and had no problem on our trip in April. Once in a while we had to scan our key - most of the time they waved us through at the gate. We did unplug our phone a few times, and were never bothered afterwards about coming down to get one.

I read somewhere that they charge $15.00 for a tube for the lazy river. Is that true?

Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare condo portions do NOT charge to use the tubes. Maybe that is the Wyndham Grand Hotel, which is next to tower 6? We used them on 2 different days and they are just piled up next to the lazy river. :)

Wyndham Bonnet Creek timeshare condo portions do NOT charge to use the tubes. Maybe that is the Wyndham Grand Hotel, which is next to tower 6? We used them on 2 different days and they are just piled up next to the lazy river. :)
Thanks for all the help. We stayed there 10 years ago and have been staying on Disney property since then. I am a little nervous because I am use to having everything through Disney.

This is just my personal opinion (and my families), but we will NEVER park in the T&T Center at MK again! I was worried about this and commented on here about trying to avoid it. We ended up just trying it and it was horrible. Driving up there was fine. The line to get into the lot after you paid was very long and 4 lanes merged down into 2. Then at the last minute you had to merge over to the right to avoid exiting the parking lot. Not posted! We finally got parked and walked to the tram. We got on the first tram in the very last row. Then sat there. And sat there. While they decided if the people walking up were going to actually get on the tram or just stand there. Seriously, the CM running the tram asked them 4 times if they were getting on. Finally we were headed to the monorail/ferries. We opted for the monorail as my DD25 gets horribly motion sick on any boat. Another LONG line. We had BOG lunch reservations at 10:45 and at this point we were worrying if we were going to make it. Two monorails filled and left before we got up to the front of the line. Then we waited and waited again. Finally they made an announcement that there was a problem and the monorail coming in would be stopping but would not be picking up passengers. By then it was time for our reservation and I got my phone out to call Disney reservations to see if we were going to be charged for missing our reservation. I went thru all the options and was put on hold. While I was on hold the empty train left and another pulled in. We all loaded up and then we just sat. Again. They made an announcement that the empty train in front of us had to be taken off the track so we would have to sit there and wait. While we were sitting there I got thru to a CM and explained the situation to them. The gentleman I talked to was super nice and told us that since it was essentially their fault we were late, we would not be charged for missing the reservation. He asked if we still wanted to go and I said yes, but we are still just sitting on the stopped monorail, then had to do bag check, then scan magic bands for entry, etc. He said to go to BOG and they would try to accommodate us, but no guarantees. Just as I was hanging up the monorail started moving.

We did make it to BOG and they did seat us, so that was good. But DH, and 2 of my DD's had never been to MK before and I feel like they got a bad deal, having to rush into the park and book it down main street and around the castle to try and get to our reservation. I have been before but I still like to "take it all in" as you enter the park and first see the castle and Main Street.

We left BC two hours before our reservation, so it's not like we didn't plan ahead. Next time I will drive to Epcot and take the monorail, or HS and take the bus, to bypass the T&T Center. We left MK by 5:00 that evening anyway so we would have been fine with either of their parking lots (which were very easy to park in btw) before those parks closed. At least now we know. The rest of the trip we used Uber to the Boardwalk then took the Disney Bus to MK. We checked out the Boardwalk Bakery and several of the shops. :)

The monorail from Epcot will put you in TTC . Also the bus from DHS also lets you out at TTC. The solution you found - Boardwalk bus to MK does bypass the TTC. You can valet park at CR and walk to MK.

The monorail from Epcot will put you in TTC . Also the bus from DHS also lets you out at TTC. The solution you found - Boardwalk bus to MK does bypass the TTC. You can valet park at CR and walk to MK.

Hmmm... really? I feel like we took a bus from a different park to MK on our trip in February and got dropped off in front of MK with the rest of the busses.. Maybe I am remembering wrong. I know I had never been to the TTC before this trip. In November we won't have a car so will Uber it somewhere and get on Disney transportation.

Ok, we are booked in a 3 bedroom for 1/23-1/30 but now that the discounts for winter are coming out, I am starting to second guess myself. My family (me, DH, DS9, DD7) have been to Disney several times and always stayed onsite. We are taking our friends for their first trip (2 adults and a DD10) and we are doing a full week with 6 day Disney base tickets and 2 day Universal tickets. The idea was that we would be very flexible, not RDing every day, minimal ADRs, etc. We typically do commando, but this style was my suggestion because I don't think they are commando-type people and I think they may tire easily. Her DH also would prefer to save money wherever possible, so I picture us doing parks and then leaving at dinnertime to eat offsite somewhere.

BUT now I am wondering if we should go with two value rooms instead of one 3bdrm condo?! It would make things easier for park transportation and to get the FP+ we want.

Also keep in mind, I am the one who sold them on the condo idea. It probably wouldn't take much to convince them to go onsite, but I'm not sure how we will do in value rooms (we typically stay deluxe) and I think having extra space may come in handy if they aren't able to last as long at the parks as my family would. Give me your advice! TIA

We stayed at WBC last year and loved it. We will be back next year over the holidays. Do you know if the resort offers any Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas activities for kids and families who aren't going to the parks on the holiday day? Trick or treating, tree lighting, that kind of thing...

Ok, we are booked in a 3 bedroom for 1/23-1/30 but now that the discounts for winter are coming out, I am starting to second guess myself. My family (me, DH, DS9, DD7) have been to Disney several times and always stayed onsite. We are taking our friends for their first trip (2 adults and a DD10) and we are doing a full week with 6 day Disney base tickets and 2 day Universal tickets. The idea was that we would be very flexible, not RDing every day, minimal ADRs, etc. We typically do commando, but this style was my suggestion because I don't think they are commando-type people and I think they may tire easily. Her DH also would prefer to save money wherever possible, so I picture us doing parks and then leaving at dinnertime to eat offsite somewhere.

BUT now I am wondering if we should go with two value rooms instead of one 3bdrm condo?! It would make things easier for park transportation and to get the FP+ we want.

Also keep in mind, I am the one who sold them on the condo idea. It probably wouldn't take much to convince them to go onsite, but I'm not sure how we will do in value rooms (we typically stay deluxe) and I think having extra space may come in handy if they aren't able to last as long at the parks as my family would. Give me your advice! TIA

I still think WBC is your best bet. The 3 bedrooms are huge and the amenities at WBC are great.

The only park that is a bit of a hassle to get to is MK because you have to park in the parking lot of the TTC and then take the boat or monorail over to MK. If you're really concerned about that, valet at the Contemporary and walk over. We always drive to the parks even when we stay onsite, so we're used to parking at the TTC and then taking the monorail.

Here are some pics of the 3 bdrm deluxe we stayed in this past week. My DH took these. I have a few more on my iPhone that I will add later.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 64
We just got back from WBC. Had a wonderful time. The room was beautiful and being fully equipped was fabulous and really saved us a ton. Being able to have breakfast in the condo gave us plenty of time to make RD. We would just toss out dirty clothes in the ssh at the end of the night and I'd wash in the morning.
The pools are open until 11, so the kids got to swim almost every night after the parks.
The only negative was the a/c. Didn't blow any cool air. We tried the overdrive thing and the doors locked, but nothing. Finally called the front desk on the 3rd day and they fixed it.
We booked through vacation strategy, and since it was more than the typical week that WBC does, it was booked as two reservations. I had to go to the front desk mid visit and have new keys issued. That was kind of a pain. I didn't bring my wallet with me, not knowing I needed to leave another deposit. So I had to go back and get it, we didn't make make RD that day. : (
Two minor details really didn't change our great trip. I'm so happy I found this thread and stayed at WBC, it won't be the last time.

We booked through vacation strategy, and since it was more than the typical week that WBC does, it was booked as two reservations. I had to go to the front desk mid visit and have new keys issued. That was kind of a pain. I didn't bring my wallet with me, not knowing I needed to leave another deposit.

Thanks for posting this, our upcoming reservation is a dual like that so knowing I need my wallet helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter