The "We are booked on the Dream" Thread - Trip Planning and Itineraries

We're booked thanks to my TA sister. She actually was more successful getting through on line. Here is what we have:

5D Deluxe Oceanfront Stateroom with Verandah (deck 6)--2 Adults--$2470 with insurance - June 17, 2011, 4 night Bahamian Cruise.

5D Deluxe Oceanfront Stateroom with Verandah (deck 6--2 Adults, 2 Children ages 5 and 7 at time of cruise, $3974 with insurance, June 17, 2011, 4 night Bahamian Cruise.

So Exciting!!!! $6444 total for both cabins, for the 6 of us, on June 17, 2011. A great surprise for the grandchildren for Christmas 2010. It will be our DD, DSL and 2 grandchildren, and of course msyelf and my DH.

(Edited to change pricing--computer defaulted to June 4th when TA booking, correction made).

Sandy

Goodness! Can't believe we are spending almost 4k on a 4night cruise! ACK!!!!!

But we'll be on the MV! I'm so excited!! My stomach is still reeling from the price tag but I have a year or so to get used to the idea. No shopping for moi for a year... hehe...

I just booked 2 rooms on the 6-13-11 5 night cruise.

2A2C (ages 4 and 8) in an 11C was $2588
I booked my parents in a 6B $2392

I am so excited. I thought the price was okay. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope that my daughters dance recital is on June 6!!! I'll call at noon today.

After sitting around all morning twiddling my thumbs, waiting on the clock ticking down the minutes I thought I'd have a sneaky peek on line and what happend? Online booking was up and running. A big thanks to "splashmt" and "momfromva" who helped me with the technical stuff :thanks:

So we are booked. Yay!!!!!

Cat 9A - 2A 9/11 $1092 (or £650 in UK£)

I'm well impressed!!!!

You're welcome!! Glad I could help!
I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the online booking for Dream was open an hour early! Thanks, DCL!!

I am booked too! 8/16 5 night double dip. 2 cabins 6b and 11b,

Category 6B $ 2100.34

Category 11B $ 1380.34

Includes 10 rebooking discount, no transfers or insurance.

We're booked

16th August 2011
8a ~ 502 DVC points 2adults 2 kids (13,14)

we are booked too
16th Aug 2011 Here we come
6A - $3784.68 @ 3Adults and 1 child

At least Ireland will be well represented on this cruise :shamrock:

I was kicked out of the booking system three times online-finally got through on the phone 3/6/11 cruise connecting cat. 10 A (1A,16,12) $1468.51 and cat. 10A (1A,17,14) $1528.51. Connecting 9A's I had online were gone by the time I got through...

We just booked for April 3, 2011. I can't believe we did it, but our spring break is not at Easter and I just couldn't pass it up. About $2800 for 2 standard inside (hope we don't regret that, we were in 2 outsides last time) 4 night, 5 people, no rebooking discount because we were pretty stupid and thought we wouldn't go again for a few years, lol. Hoping the full amount isn't due until after we know about what the Fantasy will do and we might then wait.

Ugh, it still hasn't gone through the system, so maybe we aren't booked!

We are booked on the Dream for Thanksgiving 2011. :cool1: 2A2C, cat 5c, $4,300.68. This includes a rebooking discount. Quite pricey, but I figure we have 2 years to save. We never have the school calendar in advance in our county, and we've found it hard to take our kids out for a week once they are in middle school or above. I know we always have Thanksgiving off so we went for it. Can't wait!

Booked Dream back to back cruises yesterday 2/20 and 2/24/2011 Cat 5c same stateroom both cruises.
1st cruise $3120.68 2nd cruise $2268.68. 2 Adults, 2 Teens ages 15/13
This will be our 8th and 9th on DCL.

We booked today. This will be our third Disney cruise. We're going on the 8/16/2011 5 day cruise. We booked a 6A (apparently those are in the back of the ship--any thoughts?) on deck 10. Our price was $3600 for 2 adults and 2 children with insurance and the 10% discount. Pleasantly surprised by the price considering it's $1800 cheaper than next years 5 day in the middle of August on the Wonder.

We booked today. This will be our third Disney cruise. We're going on the 8/16/2011 5 day cruise. We booked a 6A (apparently those are in the back of the ship--any thoughts?) on deck 10. Our price was $3600 for 2 adults and 2 children with insurance and the 10% discount. Pleasantly surprised by the price considering it's $1800 cheaper than next years 5 day in the middle of August on the Wonder.

I love being aft on the Magic, I assume it will be just as nice on the Dream.

Are you OK with a solid wall verandah though? All Cat 6 cabins on the Dream have them. Some folks like them, some hate them; it's just a matter of personal preference.

If I were booking a Cat 6 I'd probably go with a 6B instead of a 6A since the cabins are exactly the same, just on different decks and it would save a little $$. Of course the higher decks are better thing has never made much sense to me. It will be super convenient for you to pop up to the public decks from your location on deck 10 though.

I love being aft on the Magic, I assume it will be just as nice on the Dream.

Are you OK with a solid wall verandah though? All Cat 6 cabins on the Dream have them. Some folks like them, some hate them; it's just a matter of personal preference.

If I were booking a Cat 6 I'd probably go with a 6B instead of a 6A since the cabins are exactly the same, just on different decks and it would save a little $$. Of course the higher decks are better thing has never made much sense to me. It will be super convenient for you to pop up to the public decks from your location on deck 10 though.

I must have missed that part about the solid walls, how do we know that? Does anyone have a picture of a current verandah with the solid wall? Anyone who stayed in a room with one tell me if they loved or hated it? A Cat 6 with 11, was the only configuration that really works for us.

We are booked!!!
July 5th on the Dream. As of now, cabins 2020 and 2022!!
For 2A, 2K it's 4080, for 2A = 2250.
Let the countdown begin!!!

I must have missed that part about the solid walls, how do we know that? Does anyone have a picture of a current verandah with the solid wall? Anyone who stayed in a room with one tell me if they loved or hated it? A Cat 6 with 11, was the only configuration that really works for us.

This post shows a cabin with a solid wall verandah really well:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12694795&postcount=59

It's still a full open air verandah, but if you're planning on sitting and gazing at the waves from your chair, you might be a bit disappointed with a Cat 6 solid wall verandah on the Dream. You can enjoy the fresh air and gaze at the sky from your chair, but if you want to see the water, you'll probably need to stand up.

It might not cost too much more to bump up to a Cat 5 if you prefer a plexiglass verandah.

Example:

8/12 4 night
price for 2 adults:

6B solid wall verandah $2,070
5D plexiglass verandah $2,230

I don't have the price for a 5E, but it should fall somewhere between the above prices.

This post shows a cabin with a solid wall verandah really well:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=12694795&postcount=59

It's still a full open air verandah, but if you're planning on sitting and gazing at the waves from your chair, you might be a bit disappointed with a Cat 6 solid wall verandah on the Dream. You can enjoy the fresh air and gaze at the sky from your chair, but if you want to see the water, you'll probably need to stand up.

It might not cost too much more to bump up to a Cat 5 if you prefer a plexiglass verandah.

Example:

8/12 4 night
price for 2 adults:

6B solid wall verandah $2,070
5D plexiglass verandah $2,230

I don't have the price for a 5E, but it should fall somewhere between the above prices.

Thanks, but all the 11's are in GTY status already, so there is no way I'd be able to get my 11 by a cat 5 I'm sure.

Do we know for sure that the Dream cat 6's will be solid wall??

Thanks, but all the 11's are in GTY status already, so there is no way I'd be able to get my 11 by a cat 5 I'm sure.

Do we know for sure that the Dream cat 6's will be solid wall??

From the official DCL website, under the Dream Staterooms tab:

A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is classified as Categories 5A - 5E, 6A and 6B located on Decks 5 - 10, as follows:
Category 5A: Decks 9, 10
Category 5B: Deck 8
Category 5C: Deck 7
Category 5D: Deck 6
Category 5E: Deck 5
Category 6A: Decks 8, 9, 10 (whitewall verandahs)
Category 6B: Decks 5, 6, 7 (whitewall verandahs)

From the official DCL website, under the Dream Staterooms tab:

A Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah is classified as Categories 5A - 5E, 6A and 6B located on Decks 5 - 10, as follows:
Category 5A: Decks 9, 10
Category 5B: Deck 8
Category 5C: Deck 7
Category 5D: Deck 6
Category 5E: Deck 5
Category 6A: Decks 8, 9, 10 (whitewall verandahs)
Category 6B: Decks 5, 6, 7 (whitewall verandahs)

Ah, that would prove it I guess, thanks!!!

I booked the Dream today for the May 01, 2011 sailing for myself and the wife. This will be my third Disney cruise and her fourth. It will be right before our 16th anniversary. It's sure a long way off but we are very excited! :banana:

We are booked for the 5/19/11 3-night cruise (ds' graduation trip) in a Cat R. It's only our 2nd Disney cruise, and we're pretty excited about it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter