• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The WDW Vets Head West! A DL May 2012 TR - Complete!

Waiting for the photos also... so glad you liked Disneyland. We took our boys to DW a few years ago so they have been to both parks... and prefer our own Disneyland! Hope to see you back soon!!

Just got caught up on your TR. Good to here that Paxton enjoyed most of the rides. Who would have ever thought that getting peed on would be such a relief, maybe I can get DS to pee on me in line for Dinosaur!:lmao: So happy that you guys got to see WOC, I hope Paxton enjoyed it.:thumbsup2

still here too. July 5th isn't too far off :)

:thumbsup2

Waiting for the photos also... so glad you liked Disneyland. We took our boys to DW a few years ago so they have been to both parks... and prefer our own Disneyland! Hope to see you back soon!!

We loved it!! And actually, we might be back sooner than we both thought...

Just got caught up on your TR. Good to here that Paxton enjoyed most of the rides. Who would have ever thought that getting peed on would be such a relief, maybe I can get DS to pee on me in line for Dinosaur!:lmao: So happy that you guys got to see WOC, I hope Paxton enjoyed it.:thumbsup2

You are so right, I never thought I'd be HAPPY to get peed on! If I were anywhere in Disney World and had to get peed on, the line for Dinosaur would be the perfect place for me also. :lmao:

DAY 3 Continued: Wednesday May 16th

So finally, after one botched attempt and another long day in the parks, it was time for World of Color! This was probably the one thing I was most excited about seeing while in Disneyland. I had seen a lot of pictures of it, but I purposely avoided videos of the show because I wanted it to be entirely new to me when I saw it for the first time. I have to admit, the pictures I did find looked amazing, but in no way did the show justice! Even our pictures, which I love and I think came out very well, are nowhere close to capturing the beauty of the show. But like a good TR host, I will share them with you anyway. :goodvibes

0868-001.jpg

Loved the Little Mermaid section of the show...one of my favorites!

0871.jpg

0879-001.jpg

0882.jpg

0892.jpg

0925-001.jpg

Another favorite...Wall-E!

0937-001.jpg

The Toy Story part of the show is awesome! Buzz battles a gigantic Zurg!

0958.jpg

0969.jpg

0975.jpg

0980.jpg

1007.jpg

1010.jpg

The PotC part of the show was AMAZING!!

1023.jpg

Fire during the PotC portion

1040.jpg

1060.jpg

1067.jpg

So what did we think of the show? In a word...FANTASTIC! In another word...INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! There are just not enough words to describe the awesomeness of this show. Disney hit it out of the parks with this one!

Within the first few minutes, I was crying. Not just tearing up, actually crying. The most perfect moments of that trip was standing there watching a beautiful show with DS snuggled into me and his face in my neck. Every once in awhile he would peek out at the show, but the music had him perfectly content in my arms, which is NOT normal for him! At that moment, I just couldn't imagine anywhere else I'd want to be with my two favorite people in the whole entire world next to me. Gosh, I'm such a sap! :rotfl: But you really can't put into words the experience of seeing this show. It was just phenomenal and totally worth the wait. It made me truly appreciate the fact that we have been so blessed with the time and money to make these amazing memories together in places we never thought we would travel to, at least not for many more years from now.

I do actually have a couple of short videos we recorded that night (including one where a water fountain appeared in front of us in our viewing area that surprised the heck out of us!) but they are on my other photobucket account, the one that is currently being a pain in the butt! I started a new one that I can hopefully just use for my DL TR from now on...I guess I have never had this many big threads going at once before, so it finally maxed out my bandwith! But the other pictures should be working again by Thursday. :goodvibes

UP NEXT: It's our last Disneyland morning ALREADY?!

That's great! I'm glad you finally got to experience WoC and that it turned out to be everything you expected and then some. I think it looks like an amazing show.

Within the first few minutes, I was crying. Not just tearing up, actually crying. The most perfect moments of that trip was standing there watching a beautiful show with DS snuggled into me and his face in my neck. Every once in awhile he would peek out at the show, but the music had him perfectly content in my arms, which is NOT normal for him! At that moment, I just couldn't imagine anywhere else I'd want to be with my two favorite people in the whole entire world next to me. Gosh, I'm such a sap! :rotfl:

Awwwww....your sentiment brought a little tear to MY eye. (Yup - I'm a sap too. Wishes @ MK does the same thing to me. ) We only have less than 3 weeks until we see it for ourselves!

I love WoC! I will they'd bring it to Epcot; that would be amazing! Maybe they will eventually. I was so excited to see Wall-E in the show because you never see Wall-E stuff anywhere in DW or DL! I cried during the show too. I was with a group of TAs and I think EVERYONE was crying!

Love your photos of World of Color... I cannot wait to see it, hopefully next year... still researching and planning for our California-extension to the cruise! :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

jenny105 said:
I love WoC! I wish they'd bring it to Epcot; that would be amazing! Maybe they will eventually.

I second this!!

WoC is so magical and fantastic! It was definitely worth standing forever for just to see it!

Im glad you guys were able to stay! :goodvibes Everyone should experience it at least once in a lifetime!! :)

skier_pete said:
Awwwww....your sentiment brought a little tear to MY eye. (Yup - I'm a sap too. Wishes @ MK does the same thing to me. ) We only have less than 3 weeks until we see it for ourselves!

Wishes usually chokes me up every time! Not sure if it was the fact that I never thought we'd be in Disneyland so soon or what but WoC totally turned on the waterworks!! I'm sure y'all can't wait to see it for yourselves!

jenny105 said:
I love WoC! I will they'd bring it to Epcot; that would be amazing! Maybe they will eventually. I was so excited to see Wall-E in the show because you never see Wall-E stuff anywhere in DW or DL! I cried during the show too. I was with a group of TAs and I think EVERYONE was crying!

It would be awesome if they brought it to Epcot although it is kind of cool that it's something unique to DL. Of course I wouldn't complain if I was able to see it every Disney trip! I adore Wall-E so I was excited to see him in the show. I think I even turned to DH and said "Look! Wall-E!" lol

disneybarbie said:
Love your photos of World of Color... I cannot wait to see it, hopefully next year... still researching and planning for our California-extension to the cruise! :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Woo hoo! Hopefully DL works out for you & you get to see the show. Every Disney fan needs to see this!

GraceMonica said:
I second this!!

WoC is so magical and fantastic! It was definitely worth standing forever for just to see it!

Im glad you guys were able to stay! :goodvibes Everyone should experience it at least once in a lifetime!! :)

You are right, so worth the drama it took for us to see this show! And definitely something everyone should see at least once!!

afwdwfan said:
That's great! I'm glad you finally got to experience WoC and that it turned out to be everything you expected and then some. I think it looks like an amazing show.

Amazing doesn't even begin to describe it. I don't think there is a word that exists to capture how great WoC is! We were so happy it worked out better the second night and we didn't have to skip it completely.

I'm so glad you guys got to see World Of Color! It looks pretty cool! I wish they could bring that to WDW...

I'm so glad you guys got to see World Of Color! It looks pretty cool! I wish they could bring that to WDW...

I'm so glad we were able to see it too! Pictures just cannot do this show justice. It would be great if they could do something like this in WDW. I'm a sucker for fountain shows! One of my absolute favorite things to do in Vegas a few years ago was to watch the Bellagio fountains dance to the music. Of course, WoC was waaaaaay better!!

I was tearing reading about your WoC evening. It sounds SO magical! I can't wait to experience it myself at some point. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy it.

And - yay for riding Indiana Jones! Do you ever get to the Tiki room to see Paxton excited in there? I would have been kinda mad at DH for taking Aria w/o me LOL. But the carousel looks like it was a huge HIT! Seems like Paxton really loved DCA! How fun!

Day 1 Comments

Part 2: Yay I can finally see your pictures again!!! Made my day! The parking garage sounds really neat and easy! And yay for the CM giving you that tip on an easy/fast way to get the pins you wanted. I love helpful CM’s! They just make the magic that much better.

I can only imagine how weird it is to expect to see certain things and it be so similar and different at the same time when you’re used to going to WDW. It’s like, familiar and foreign at the same time. Haha! Good call on the PP Photogs too. So crazy!

That’s neat about the different characters turning the popcorn at the carts and weather veins. : ) Love little things like that!

BTW, where did you get the Mickey camera strap? I still need to get one for my Canon. I’d love to get one while we are there in December.

Part 3: LOVE the fountain!!!!!!! So classic

Main Street Popcorn guy freaks me out haha

Alex has a love for brooms too : )

Part 4: Love the night shots of DLR and omg that popcorn turner!!! DH would flip if he saw that haha!

I love fantasmic! Great pictures. I especially love the one of the dragon breathing fire! Great shot!!!

Part 5: I can see how it would be hard to plan anything at a Disney park you are unfamiliar with. That’s the biggest part I’m not looking forward to for whenever we make it over to DLR. Looks like you had a good time all by yourself though : )

Ok I’m going to stop there for now. I’ll come back later this evening and read up on day 2. Maybe even get totally caught up. Hope my comments make sense to you haha!

I was tearing reading about your WoC evening. It sounds SO magical! I can't wait to experience it myself at some point. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy it.

And - yay for riding Indiana Jones! Do you ever get to the Tiki room to see Paxton excited in there? I would have been kinda mad at DH for taking Aria w/o me LOL. But the carousel looks like it was a huge HIT! Seems like Paxton really loved DCA! How fun!

No, we never did have a chance to see the Tiki Room again! :sad2: I was really bummed to miss out on it, but I couldn't be too upset since it had been my suggestion in the first place. :rotfl: He had been so disinterested in the show in WDW and I'm not a fan, so I told DH I didn't mind if they saw it while I rode Indiana Jones. Definitely wasn't expecting him to like it so much this time!!

The carousel was probably his favorite ride. As much as he enjoyed the Ladybug Boogie ride, he wasn't crying when we came off of it! I don't think we were expecting to enjoy DCA so much, but we definitely did.

Day 1 Comments

Part 2: Yay I can finally see your pictures again!!! Made my day! The parking garage sounds really neat and easy! And yay for the CM giving you that tip on an easy/fast way to get the pins you wanted. I love helpful CM’s! They just make the magic that much better.

I can only imagine how weird it is to expect to see certain things and it be so similar and different at the same time when you’re used to going to WDW. It’s like, familiar and foreign at the same time. Haha! Good call on the PP Photogs too. So crazy!

That’s neat about the different characters turning the popcorn at the carts and weather veins. : ) Love little things like that!

BTW, where did you get the Mickey camera strap? I still need to get one for my Canon. I’d love to get one while we are there in December.

Part 3: LOVE the fountain!!!!!!! So classic

Main Street Popcorn guy freaks me out haha

Alex has a love for brooms too : )

Part 4: Love the night shots of DLR and omg that popcorn turner!!! DH would flip if he saw that haha!

I love fantasmic! Great pictures. I especially love the one of the dragon breathing fire! Great shot!!!

Part 5: I can see how it would be hard to plan anything at a Disney park you are unfamiliar with. That’s the biggest part I’m not looking forward to for whenever we make it over to DLR. Looks like you had a good time all by yourself though : )

Ok I’m going to stop there for now. I’ll come back later this evening and read up on day 2. Maybe even get totally caught up. Hope my comments make sense to you haha!

It was so disorienting to think I knew where something was only to realize it wasn't where it "should" be! When it came time to ride Winnie the Pooh, I thought to myself, "We've been all over Fantasyland and didn't see it, how could we miss it?" Well, because it's in an entirely different land that doesn't even exist in WDW, that's how! :lmao: It was a little fun getting "lost" in a Disney park again though and not knowing what was around this corner or that one.

The Mickey camera strap we bought last year at Mouse Gears, I'm pretty sure. And I do believe we saw it at a couple different places there too. Whatever you do, buy it in the parks and not on Ebay. DH said they were selling for a LOT more money on Ebay!

Since my Photobucket is back to working order, here's the couple of videos DH shot of World of Color.

Had to go back and reread now that the pictures are working again. That picture of Paxton in line for Pooh is so sweet, I'm a sucker for smiling babies and toddlers!

Had to go back and reread now that the pictures are working again. That picture of Paxton in line for Pooh is so sweet, I'm a sucker for smiling babies and toddlers!

:thumbsup2

I am too, which is why discipline has been so difficult now that he is getting close to the terrible twos and testing his limits. When I fuss at him, he turns and gives me the biggest cheesiest smile you could imagine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter