• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wave

PIRATEGIRL007

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab
Tell me about The Wave at CR. It keeps coming up available on a night I need something close to MK (yes I am trying to change our ADR's, again, don't tell my DH!). Is it good, bad, worth trying, would you eat there again, etc?

Thanks

my BIL and SIL (with an 8 yr old and 6 yr old) went there last week. They LOVED the place and highly recommended it.

We had an excellent dinner there last week. DH liked the steak, and I enjoyed the fish. Service was very good as well.

It's only a 1 TS place, but it's a cut above many of the other 1 TS places.

DS and I just got back yesterday and I am going to post on our dining but just wanted to let you know we really enjoyed The Wave. It was my DS's favorite meal of the week and a close 2nd favorite for me, if not a tie with my meal from Wolfgang Puck's.

He had the chicken pot pie (which is not the typical chicken pot pie you think of.....it was a piece of chicken, a thigh I think, with the skin and bone resting in a wonderful sauce with carrots, peas and new potatoes). Over the top layed the round pastry. I had the sustainable fish which was the striped bass that evening. The edamame and vegetable's with broth was soooooooooo good.

Delicious bread and salted butter. The desserts are great because they are trio samplers. They are just the right size, not too much. On the dining plan, we found ourselves wasting a lot of the larger desserts. I had the Celebration Trio which was a cheesecake with raspberry sauce, a coconut custard type dessert with passion fruit, and a chocolate mousse with salted caramel sauce and olive brittle.....OMGosh....best dessert of the week for me.

I ordered water with my dinner and payed OOP for my wine so at the end of the meal our waiter asked that since I didn't get a soft drink, if I wanted a bottle of water to take to the parks. It was a 7.00 bottle of Evian water. No other restaurants offered this to me.

We went to Jiko this trip as we had a fabulous meal there our last trip and I really felt it is no longer worth 2 TS credits. The Wave was a much better meal and it is only one TS credit.....a much, much better value.

Some posts I read before we left said The Wave was a good adult place to get away from the noise like Kona or Ohana. It was VERY loud while we dined around 6:45 p.m. That would be the only negative. Enjoy!!

I ate there for the first time in May and The Wave quickly became my favorite restaurant behind Boma. I try to eat pretty healthy and there were a lot of healthy options on the menu. I had the Tuna steak with a black bean soup appetizer.

If you are a wine drinker there are a lot of great South American wines on the menu. I recommend either a Chilean merlot or an Argentinian Malbec if one is on the menu.

We just ate there this past weekend and it was out of this world fantatic...click on my Aug link for a ton of pics and full review and my March link has a review and pics there too...this place is incredible!

We ate at The Wave last week. We had a party of 11 (4 adults & 7 kids). We were seated almost 30 minutes early and had the best service of the week. Our waiter was great with the kids and even made my son a Dreamsicle shake on the house. It was great!

My DH has always loved the steak at Le Cellier and he said he thought the steak here was better. I had the Cinnamon Rub Pork Tenderloin (delicious) and my DD and her cousin shared the Chicken Pot Pie. They are not huge eaters and they were almost licking the bowl! The small serving of dessert is just right after such a big meal. We all ordered something different and shared.

This restaurant is a must next trip!

ALL these wonderful reviews, I'm so glad we are going there. GREAT reviews everyone! and Nicki thanks for the pictures I live your dining reviews:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter