The Wave or Via Napoli

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jess20k, Mar 17, 2013.

?

The Wave or Via Napoli

1. The Wave

2. Via Napoli

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jess20k

jess20k DIS Veteran

Hi, I am deciding btw these two for our last ADR and would love to hear which one you enjoyed better, if you have dined at both. The location does not matter to us, so I am not taking that into consideration. TIA! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gabzee

gabzee DIS Veteran

I voted for Via Napoli, 100%! We have been to both the Wave and Via Napoli. The Wave was just ok for us. The decor, food, and service did not stand out at all. Personally, I wouldn't go to the Wave again unless I was staying at the Contemporary and there was nothing else available. There are so many better options at Disney. On the other hand, Via Napoli is one of our favorite restaurants in Disney!! The food is absolutely delicious! They have great pizza as well as other entrees (love their eggplant parmigiana)!! :thumbsup2

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Via Napoli is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! You can take a look at my review with pictures in the link below. Amazing pizza. And the zeppolle for dessert is so yummy, it comes to your table warm and fresh...with chocolate sauce & whip cream for dipping! :goodvibes The atmosphere is so gorgeous. Bright and vibrant and airy. I love this place!

5. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Would this be for lunch or dinner?

6. kam1011

kam1011 Mouseketeer

I haven't been to Via Napoli, but I don't like The Wave. We went once a few years ago, shortly after it opened, and the portions were so small we left hungry. My plate literally had 4 or 5 mouthfuls of food on it, no exaggeration.

7. TinkerwithDis

TinkerwithDis Mouseketeer

No contest here. Via Napoli is amazing. Fantastic food from beginning to end. :thumbsup2

8. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I love them both and think they are very different dining experiences. If you are talking lunch I would tend to lean more towards VN but since we prefer to tour the parks by day we like to dine at the resorts at night so I would chose The Wave for dinner.

9. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Totally agree! The Wave portions were laughable. Well I would have laughed if I didn't have to pay $$ for it! ;)
    VN is the only place we eat at every trip. Sometimes twice!

10. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Lol! Thats funny.

I guess its more like Elf food? Lol

11. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Via Napoli.....you won't regret it. :)

12. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Thats right Goofy!! :rotfl:

13. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

This "elf thing" is all going over my head, I keep seeing these comments about elf food and the Wave, yet most times we've gone to dinner at the Wave I walk out sometimes feeling too full...I guess I'm an "elf"...:thumbsup2

[​IMG]
    This was certainly "more than" enough food for me in addition to the bread, the appetizer, salad and the dessert trio...:confused3...not to mention the beer trio which I don't have every time we've dined there for dinner.

14. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

I am talking about a $35 meal that had 2 pieces of beef about the size of 1/2dollars. I don't want to have to add an app,salad, bread or dessert to fill up. My DH and DS are 6ft and 6ft2 190-220lb guys who were hungry after their dinner!! I am 5ft nothing and weigh.....well never mind. I was ok. But I am an elf when it comes to eating. ;) I
    can't comment on any other entrees except the ones we ordered. Maybe what you ordered was filling. But ours were not. I know lots of people like the wave. But this is my opinion!

15. jess20k

jess20k DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all your replies!! It is for dinner, at it looks like Via Napoli will be my choice! It sounds terrific!!! Thanks again, I can't wait to try it out! :goodvibes

16. kam1011

kam1011 Mouseketeer

That was the meal I had! The medallions!

17. mdsd8700

mdsd8700 It's kind of fun to do the impossible

I would agree with this. We actually enjoy both places. We like the Wave because it has a bit more of a unique menu.

18. winnieatepooh

winnieatepooh Mouseketeer

The Wave! Delicious food, quiet setting, great service...couldn't have asked for anything better.

19. MrsLS

MrsLS DIS Veteran

hands down the wave. The food is great. I had the lamb shank there the last time and it was outstanding. It was just as good if not better than Citricos and the portion of it was huge!
    I didn't like Via Napoli when we went. The chicken parm was disgusting, the pizza was so so (but I can get really good thin crust brick oven pizza where I live) & service was awful too.