The Wave or Chef Mickey for breakfast?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We want to go to the CR to check it out and have breakfast. For an adult and 15 year old which would be the best? Does the Wave have a breakfast buffet?

The Wave has a great breakfast buffet. Much better food than Chef Mickey's and it will be less expensive (and probably quicker!) too.

I would only choose Chef Mickey's if you REALLY want to character dining experience. (But if that's the case I would choose almost ANY character breakfast on property over this one.)

The Wave is the best breakfast on WDW property. I can't recommend it enough.

We want to go to the CR to check it out and have breakfast. For an adult and 15 year old which would be the best? Does the Wave have a breakfast buffet?
Another vote for The Wave

If you want a decent character experience and willing to tolerate a loud and chaotic atmosphere, often messy food station, unsupervised children hacking and coughing and picking their noses while grabbing food from the buffet (yes, it happened when I was there), and food that in my opinion is not only the worst there is in WDW, but makes Golden Corral seem like a 5 star restaurant then go to Chef Mickey. If you are wanting a pleasant and much quieter atmosphere with a smaller but very good buffet or a menu to order off of,or if you are wanting very good service then I would recommend The Wave. Not even close at all.

They are like chalk and cheese. Totally different experiences so I echo what others have said, if you don't want character interaction don't waste your time at Chef Mickey's and have a nice relaxing breakfast at the Wave.

Looks like you already made up your mind and in the right direction :-) The Wave has a great breakfast buffet (or you can order a la carte) that iMO is one of the best on property and very reasonably priced.

Leave in 8 days and booked the wave on a whim. Glad to see these reviews of it. The kids may miss the characters, but with 3 other character bfasts ill be just fine eating better food.

The Wave IMO is a hidden gem. The breakfast buffet is the best on property!

Since no young kids, the Wave and it's not even close (I would probably say the wave even with young kids). The food is magnitudes better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter