• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Walt Disney World Annual Passes Open for Sale

I tried yesterday for hours with no luck to upgrade my tickets to Annual Passes. Trying again today. Began at 7am, talked to two CM's and on hold now. Hanging up at 10am and will try again later. Our vacation begins next week and wanted to sort this out before we leave. I don't have hoppers and park tickets for every day of the vacation, was hoping the AP would come through before our vacay. It did and I'm too anxious to wait until we arrive. Any suggestions appreciated.

I tried yesterday for hours with no luck to upgrade my tickets to Annual Passes. Trying again today. Began at 7am, talked to two CM's and on hold now. Hanging up at 10am and will try again later. Our vacation begins next week and wanted to sort this out before we leave. I don't have hoppers and park tickets for every day of the vacation, was hoping the AP would come through before our vacay. It did and I'm too anxious to wait until we arrive. Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm so surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that I had 0 trouble upgrading package tickets yesterday and you're getting bounced around :( I'm so sorry that's happening to you. If it helps I called the number listed under the "help with your upcoming stay/existing reservation" text on MDE and the CM who helped me said they literally do this all day every day so it's not a problem. Maybe try that number again since you have an existing package? 404-939-1863

I'm just as much trouble. I'm now 4 hours on hold. I called 407-560-7277 and talked to someone within 30 minutes and then told me she had to transfer me to the passholder line (I thought that was who I called). She told me the queue was 28 minutes and that was 3 hours ago. I have a 7 day ticket so I can go in November, but I know I'm going to go multiple times next year so I want to get the AP. I'm scared to wait until I get there since they mentioned having limited passes available.

The clock starts the first day you enter the park with them OR the first day you enter the park with a ticket that you use to upgrade to an AP. You can do the upgrade ahead of time to avoid waiting in line at guest services, but you can always do the upgrade anytime after the first time you enter the park. In the past when I've done it, I've gone to GS in the middle of the day when I'm heading back out to my resort for a break.
Customer service said I will lose my park passes if I upgrade from our tickets to an annual pass. They said to upgrade on the last day and we will get full credit for the week….which does not sound right. I am going to call tonight.

Customer service said I will lose my park passes if I upgrade from our tickets to an annual pass. They said to upgrade on the last day and we will get full credit for the week….which does not sound right. I am going to call tonight.
I was told the same thing in the online "chat' but I'm not going until April and May so I'm pretty sure I can simply rebook my park passes...I'm holding off on calling to upgrade to give everyone who has sooner trips a chance to sort things out...but I'm getting antsy...

I'm just as much trouble. I'm now 4 hours on hold. I called 407-560-7277 and talked to someone within 30 minutes and then told me she had to transfer me to the passholder line (I thought that was who I called). She told me the queue was 28 minutes and that was 3 hours ago. I have a 7 day ticket so I can go in November, but I know I'm going to go multiple times next year so I want to get the AP. I'm scared to wait until I get there since they mentioned having limited passes available.
On hold myself, hahaha. Called around 830 am spoke to someone in 20 minutes then the queue said 10 minutes it is now 1238 ughhhhh

I was told the same thing in the online "chat' but I'm not going until April and May so I'm pretty sure I can simply rebook my park passes...I'm holding off on calling to upgrade to give everyone who has sooner trips a chance to sort things out...but I'm getting antsy...
I was told that you will lose your reservations once you upgrade to the AP. She said your AP will be affect immediately to link online. Then go in and cancel your current reservations and then make your reservations which will link to your annual pass. So far the time frame I am going all parks are still available

Question on upgrading and blackout dates. I'm going in December and the last few days of the trip bleed into the blackout dates for the Sorcerer Pass (I'm a DVC member). If I buy regular tickets for those days can I convert to a Sorcerer Pass on the last day at Guest Relations and just pay the difference?

I was told that you will lose your reservations once you upgrade to the AP. She said your AP will be affect immediately to link online. Then go in and cancel your current reservations and then make your reservations which will link to your annual pass. So far the time frame I am going all parks are still available
Thanks! That's how I plan to do it too...I'm assuming April and May are probably pretty wide open. I'm just awaiting confirmation from my DH that we're still going in April before committing...

cancel your current reservations and then make your reservations which will link to your annual pass
This doesn't make sense. Theme park reservations are not tied to any specific ticket. As long as you have valid ticket media, the park reservations should remain. That has been true for the past year+ and I have no reason to expect otherwise for these APs. You may lose reservations is if you are not staying onsite and have more than 5 park reservations booked.

After another 5 hours I finally spoke with two different people who asked for my name, email address and ticket number. Then was told the passholder line was about an hour wait. I said that wasn't possible since I was on hold for 5 hours. They gave me the option of a callback so I went with that route. Supposedly a call back in an hour.

This doesn't make sense. Theme park reservations are not tied to any specific ticket. As long as you have valid ticket media, the park reservations should remain. That has been true for the past year+ and I have no reason to expect otherwise for these APs. You may lose reservations is if you are not staying onsite and have more than 5 park reservations booked.

The new AP park reservation system that debuted yesterday does seem to want to link your reservations to a specific ticket. I have two AP vouchers in my name, and when I went into the new system, it required me to select one of them to associate with my new reservations. It would not let me proceed unless I did this.

eta: For now I left my park reservations as-is in the old system. I have one voucher from Sam’s and one directly from Disney, but can’t tell which is which in MDE. Once the new AP furor slows down, I’ll call ticketing and see if they can help me select the Sam’s voucher, which I plan to activate next.

Last edited:

I would think you would want your AP at the beginning of your trip so you can use the dining and gift shop discounts.

If I activate my “gold” (sorcerer I guess) on 10/2 and my 10/2 AK park pass is gone, they better be prepared to fix it. I’ll screenshot it too just in case.

Disney is becoming insane with their ticketing. I called today for the dreaded 9/26 expiration (from a Disney-canceled March 2020 trip) and “the team that handles that is very busy. No you cannot call them directly and it’ll be a 3 hour wait.” If they only made Late March 2020 passes (as a gesture) last 5 years they could save a lot of calls 🙄

If I wanted to upgrade my tickets while I am at Disney, can I do this at the resort? Or do I need to visit guest relations at a park?

Is there a place I can to in Disney springs to upgrade a ticket I have in December? I’m in Orlando now with no plans of going to Disney parks until 9/24, I just never bought those tickets yet

Is there a place I can to in Disney springs to upgrade a ticket I have in December? I’m in Orlando now with no plans of going to Disney parks until 9/24, I just never bought those tickets yet
Yes you can go to the Guest Services in Disney Springs and they should be able to help you I would think.

They said to upgrade on the last day and we will get full credit for the week….which does not sound right.
That's how this has worked in the past. You are credited for the price you paid for the multi-day ticket*, and the annual pass is back-dated to the first day you used that ticket.

---
*: In some cases you might be credited for more than you paid. See the ticket sticky for details.

That's how this has worked in the past. You are credited for the price you paid for the multi-day ticket*, and the annual pass is back-dated to the first day you used that ticket.

---
*: In some cases you might be credited for more than you paid. See the ticket sticky for details.
What about a future ticket? I have a 7 day ticket for December that was purchased for last feb but due to covid I had to change the ticket to this December. I’m now going in two weeks and then again in Jan. I have not purchased tickets for this month or Jan yet so I was hoping to upgrade to an AP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter