The Walt Disney suite on the Dream: A full review with UPDATED pictures and video

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by disneywonderfun, Sep 25, 2011.

1. rsquared

rsquared Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing, we will keep DREAMing!:mickeyjum

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneywonderfun

disneywonderfun DIS Veteran

Sorry, forgot to mention that we generally needed to go through the concierge to place the order. They were more than happy to take care of it and make sure it was done correctly. So, probably a better system than calling room service directly which then has to contact Palo, etc., etc.

4. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

Great review!

Was it extremely windy on the deck when the ship was in motion?

5. disneywonderfun

I would not characterize it as particularly windy for the vast majority of the time we used the deck. I guess most of the faster movement on the ship is during the night going from port to port. So, it seemed fairly calm out on the deck mostly since the ship was either docked or not moving quickly at all. For example, I do not think the ship goes that fast even on the "day at sea". With that being said, it did get windy when the ship was moving reasonably fast and there was a head wind. But again, that did not happen much at all on our 5 day cruise.

6. pdwimmer

pdwimmer DIS Veteran

Thank you SOOO much for this post. I have been looking for photos of the Murphys's since we booked the Roy for February 2012. We also had to book the adjoining suite as my in-laws are coming and the Roy can only book 5. Although the room is more than large enough to accommodate 6.

thank you again.

7. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I know when we were on the Dream last Feb. it was very windy on the top decks and even on our side Veranda one of the nights.

8. dizkids

dizkids DIS Veteran

WOW!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics!

9. SoCaOC-Mom

SoCaOC-Mom DIS Veteran

Thank you for the review and sharing your experience.

If I win the MegaMillions, I think luxury vacations would be my indulgence whereas others might splurge on purses and shoes :)
    But since the odds of winning the lottery aren't good, at least I feel like I got to experience it vicariously through your well articulated TR with pictures and video.

Did you got to Remy?If so, please share your experience. I hope to get ressies when we cruise.

10. tony111

tony111 Mouseketeer

WOW! I was gonna leave a comment, but I,ve decided to rush out and buy lottery tickets instead. Great photos. Bye.....

11. disneywonderfun

We had intended to go to Remy on the last night of the cruise. However, our youngest was not too excited :sad1: about being in the kids club from 7 until 10:30 or so on the last night. So, we scratched that part of the cruise and had Palo brought to the room. We were disappointed that we did not have the chance to do Remy on this trip although I am sure we will next time.

DWF

12. magictheone

magictheone Earning My Ears

How may people can you put on the deck?

13. disneywonderfun

I guess as many as will fit. :yay: I am sure 15 to 20 would easily be able to hang out based on the amount of furniture.

DWF

14. MrsMinease

MrsMinease Mouseketeer

I'll apologize in advance if this question is taboo, but I'm genuinely curious... how much does a suite like this cost??? I can see the Cat T and Vs on the DCL website, but don't see these suites listed. We're considering indulging in one of these in 2013/2014 and booking when we're on the Fantasy next Sept.

15. disneywonderfun

Hi,

I good rule of thumb is around 2-2.5K per night during low season (Sept/Oct) to around 4K per night during high season (summer, holidays). The older ships tend to be less expensive as well. I think I noticed recently low season rates on either the Wonder/Magic around 1.5K per night. Oh, my numbers are based on a family of two adults and two kids.

DWF

16. disneywonderfun

I did add several new photos for those interested. See the first page.

DWF

17. robandkelly13

robandkelly13 DIS Veteran

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

18. DVCconvert

DVCconvert DIS Veteran

I remember back in the 'good ole days' when in low season 2 A could get the Walt or the Roy for about 5K !....my, how things change!!

19. pdwimmer

pdwimmer DIS Veteran

If it is a taboo it shouldn't be. The prices are listed when the rooms are available.... We are in the Roy Suite in February 2012 (the one right next door to Walt). There will be 5 of us. Total cost $9787.00. When we originally booked we could not locate it online either. So we called the travel agent we used several years ago when we first cruised. She was able to locate it for us.

20. malacajo

malacajo Mouseketeer

We have a friend who went on Dream with his family and they were upgraded to this suite-he said that he would have such a hard time with staying in a "regular" room after this. He said it was unbelievable. This is also the same cruise that someone in his family also won $4000 playing bingo!!! Can you imagine??

21. MrsMinease

MrsMinease Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback on costs!