The walking dead amc #2

It's no longer the show that I can't miss an episode. Im just not feeling this season- IMO the Governor episodes were much better than any of the Negan's.

I wish the show would stop trying to be deep and artsy (and trying one up the gross shock factor each week) and go back to being a cheesy zombie show.

I have to say, when Morgan was having his massive freak out, I really thought his ultimate reaction would be stronger than...kicking over a bucket. It made me laugh out loud!! I mean, obviously, he found the melon and what transpired afterward was violent, but that bucket kick was pretty weak, LOL!

I was really scared for him there for a minute, when he was reliving the past, I was so afraid he was going to harm himself in present time.

I'm ready for the groups to team up and get Negan out of the way so we can move on from this storyline. I feel like they're doing a slow burn to ramp up for a big finish, but I'm not sure I like how they're handling the build up.

I really enjoyed last night's episode! It is about freakin' time! Poor Richard, his heart was in the right place, but his execution was just wrong. I love how Morgan used Richard's plan to gain the Savior's trust by doing something big to make them believe they could be trusted. Too bad for Richard that it was his death that did it. But I think, since he wanted to die for the cause anyway, that, ultimately, he got what he wanted.

Give me crazy, kick butt Morgan over "look at the rainbows and smell the flowers and don't step on an ant for it is precious life!" Morgan any day! And it just goes without saying I am glad Carol knows about Glenn and Abraham and she's back. I love her when she's in warrior mode.

It's no longer the show that I can't miss an episode. Im just not feeling this season- IMO the Governor episodes were much better than any of the Negan's.

The Governor episodes in Season 3 were much better paced than this season. They've drawn this season out a bit but I'm hoping the payout is worth it. Last night's episode was very tense at points and well done.

Took me a moment to realize that Richard and Morgan had planned his death at Morgan's hand. I thought it was a great episode.

This show has NEVER been a "cheesy zombie show". The show has actually never really been about the zombies. Even the title doesn't refer to the zombies...it refers to the survivors. The show is about life after an apocalypse. It's about how the handful left manage with the downfall of human civilization. Things WOULD happen slowly. There would be more drama than action.

Some of the dialogue in this show is predictable, sometimes sparse, and often cheesy. When the young woman with the head wrap on was scared of Shiva the tiger and said "I think I just pissed myself" I literally laughed out loud. Seemed so out of place and not like something she would say when speaking to Ezekiel! lol!

I think the combination of hearing about Glenn & Abe's deaths and hearing Morgan has been set off enough to kill somebody gave Carol the clarity she needed to see how bad things have gotten. In that moment, she knew Darryl had lied to her to protect her, which probably also helped her realize things are bad and they really needed the help of Carol and the Kingdom. I was glad she came to her senses. I do wonder how the Kingdom/Carol/Morgan will feel about the Scavengers group or if they'll just all naturally work together.

When Morgan was leaving Carol's house, he said something about "killing them all" or something to that effect. Has he done a complete 180 and is now out for blood against the Saviors? Or did I interpret this wrong?

How is "The Walking Dead" NOT referring to the zombies? The survivors, by definition, aren't dead.[
Right before our group met the Alexandrians, they hid out in that barn during the bogstorm, Daryl & Rick had a conversation about how they were the Walking Dead, like Rick's grandfather in the war.

Could you elaborate on this? How is "The Walking Dead" NOT referring to the zombies? The survivors, by definition, aren't dead.
Right before our guys met the Alexandrian's, during the storm when they were hiding in the barn, Rick told the story of how his grandfather survived the war, and how it pertains to them.

Could you elaborate on this? How is "The Walking Dead" NOT referring to the zombies? The survivors, by definition, aren't dead.

The show explained it a couple of seasons ago when they were waiting out the storm in the barn. (right before they met Aaron) They were starving, had no water, and were trying to find reasons to go on.

From an article on the episode:

Rick proceeds to tell a story about his grandfather, a World War II veteran. As a kid, Rick used to ask his grandpa if he ever killed anyone in the war, but never received an answer. Instead, Rick's grandfather explained how he survived the war, and how he survived people trying to kill him.

"Every day he woke up and told himself, 'Rest in peace; now get up and go to war,'" says Rick. "After a few years of pretending he was dead, he made it out alive. That's the trick of it, I think. We do what we need to do, and then we get to live. No matter what we find in D.C., I know we'll be okay. This is how we survive: We tell ourselves that we are the walking dead."

I get that it's about the survivors and not the zombies but it used to be a more simple straightforward natural story with the original writers. These writers are all about gimmicks in the name of art... or shock factor. I just wish they'd get back to a story that flows and makes sense and is simple and drop all the gimmicks.

Let us all remember that this show is based on (and pulling story lines/arcs from ) a COMIC BOOK. Comics are often far-fetched, over the top and well comic-booky.

Took me a moment to realize that Richard and Morgan had planned his death at Morgan's hand. I thought it was a great episode..

I don't think they planned it. I think Morgan just snapped. I can't see Morgan agreeing to a pre-mediated murder, but I could be wrong.

I don't think they planned it. I think Morgan just snapped. I can't see Morgan agreeing to a pre-mediated murder, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I didn't think it was planned either. I think he snapped but that he then decided to use it as a way to gain trust back from the Savior's and went with Richard's words and used his plan and his death to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter