The walking dead amc #2

Speaking of which... where did the rifle come from that Negan used when Rick grabbed the axe? When Negan dragged Rick into the RV, he had the axe, Lucille, and Rick. He planted the axe in the table, then sat down in the driver's seat and taunted Rick to pick up the axe. When Rick finally did, Negan grabbed the rifle and pointed it at Rick. Eugene was the only one in the RV when Negan's group captured it. Did Eugene have a rifle? And when they captured him, they left a rifle in the RV, next to the driver's seat?

Didn't Negan walk out of that RV with Lucille? I thought his group had taken over the RV once captured. We don't really know how long they had it, but I'm sure they stashed stuff inside.

I'd skip the whole scene where Negan and Rick go for a ride. He already bludgened two of their group to death right in front of them, skip right to Negan telling Rick to chop up Carl and move on. The whole RV ride along seemed unnecessary.

The purpose of the ride was to "break" Rick. But what I found funny was that the RV had a rearview mirror. Rv's do not have rearview mirrors! So I call Bs on the fact that Neagan was watching Rick in the mirror...

Didn't Negan walk out of that RV with Lucille? I thought his group had taken over the RV once captured. We don't really know how long they had it, but I'm sure they stashed stuff inside.
Why would they already stash stuff inside? And putting a rifle next to the driver seat seems a strange thing to do. Maybe before you go on a run somewhere, but just to have it sitting there? Seemed strange to me.

ETA: When Rick was fighting the walkers outside (when he was supposed to get the axe), he slammed one walker's head into the rear bumper. When they finally drive back to the group, there's no blood, dent, or anything on the back.

Lori and Judith die at the same time and with Rick watching. Carl is younger in the books.

I don't read the comics, so I can only go by what I have picked up over the years, but I believe Lori gets shot while holding Judith, when she falls, she lands on the baby, killing her.

I thought Carl was older in the comics? At least older from when they started the TV series in 2011. Doesn't he and Sophia (who is still alive in the comics) have a romantic relationship? He may be caught up in age now, in the TV series, but the producers of the show are going to have to figure out what do do with him if the timeline in the comics is not moving as fast as real time. Judith is still a baby in the TV show. So, less than 3 years has past.Carl was around 10-11 when the show first started. He is now pretty much an adult. 16? 17?

Well, I tried to watch it on demand last night but it just clocked and clocked an wouldn't pull the episode up. I figure a LOT of people were doing the same. I'll try again tonight and if not, I'll wait till the weekend.

My DD, who reads the comics, seemed to think Carl was about 9-10 when the Negan and Glenn thing happened (he was 7 when introduced in the comics). But yes, Sofia was still alive and close with Carl so I am not sure if that is way down the line as DD has read as far as the comics go (and Negan is still living, by the way). So it may be he was 10 when Negan came about and then years pass and he's now 16-18 where the comics are...I don't know. Will ask DD or maybe I will read the comics...trying not to because I feel like reading Song of Ice and Fire has made watching GoT less fun as a show viewer.

Last edited:
My DD, who reads the comics, seemed to think Carl was about 9-10 when the Negan and Glenn thing happened (he was 7 when introduced in the comics). But yes, Sofia was still alive and close with Carl so I am not sure if that is way down the line as DD has read as far as the comics go (and Negan is still living, by the way). So it may be he was 10 when Negan came about and then years pass and he's now 16-18 where the comics are...I don't know. Will ask DD or maybe I will read the comics...trying not to because I feel like reading Song of Ice and Fire has made watching GoT less fun as a show viewer.

Seems like they've strayed enough from the comics so far that it doesn't seem to matter any more. Sofia wasn't supposed to die, Daryl wasn't even in the books and Glen was supposed to be the only one to die in that sequence.

Seems like they've strayed enough from the comics so far that it doesn't seem to matter any more. Sofia wasn't supposed to die, Daryl wasn't even in the books and Glen was supposed to be the only one to die in that sequence.
Yeah. I may read the comics then. Just dying to know the Negan story. Not a fan of reading comic style though. I'll give it a shot.

Also, Wikki (comic version) says Carl was 7 at beginning and is 13 now, where the comics are. He was involved with Sofia and then a girl named Lydia (who may be Enid). Comics had him, um, doing adult things as a very young boy. I guess it's part of the 'new' world of the apocalypse.

The episode was about breaking Rick; how else would you do it?

As someone who reads the comic;

I liked parts of the season premiere. I thought the gore was justified in this case. But it was WAY to long and drawn out. So much filler in both making us wait to see who died to a useless RV trip. Add in the commercials and you have 20 minutes worth of episode filling over an hour worth of timeslot.

And to reference the quote above. Who really thinks Rick is broken? Sure the battle was lost. And it was Rick at his lowest point in a long time. But broken? Not even close in my opinion.

Comic spoilers
It takes all off of three issues (about) before Rick is setting a plan in motion to take down the Saviors. Which was like a day or two timeline wise.

So in the end I think it was a overlong, but powerful episode. But ultimately one focused on the one thing, breaking Rick, that will be undone shortly and therefore people will look back and ask what the point of the episode was.

The TWD tv show has strayed way off the comics. Carol was never a bad ***, she goes nuts and basically commits suicide. Also there a tons of hook-ups & swaps in the books.

I liked parts of the season premiere. I thought the gore was justified in this case. But it was WAY to long and drawn out. So much filler in both making us wait to see who died to a useless RV trip. Add in the commercials and you have 20 minutes worth of episode filling over an hour worth of timeslot.

And to reference the quote above. Who really thinks Rick is broken? Sure the battle was lost. And it was Rick at his lowest point in a long time. But broken? Not even close in my opinion.

Comic spoilers
It takes all off of three issues (about) before Rick is setting a plan in motion to take down the Saviors. Which was like a day or two timeline wise.

So in the end I think it was a overlong, but powerful episode. But ultimately one focused on the one thing, breaking Rick, that will be undone shortly and therefore people will look back and ask what the point of the episode was.

I'm just quoting Robert Kirkman; I'm guessing he would know a thing or two about what the episode was about.

I'm just quoting Robert Kirkman; I'm guessing he would know a thing or two about what the episode was about.

He can say that. And it is not my place to disagree with his intent. The "breaking Rick" idea is not something I have heard just from him, or just on this thread, but many places.

I put the spoilers in above. And I will keep from spoiling my own spoilers. It is still a valid question though to ask who thinks Rick is really broken? We will see how broken Rick is in the coming weeks, as well as how long he stays broken.

Comic spoilers

Agreed. They basically took something that took less than 2 pages of the comic and stretched it out over an entire episode. In the comic, he wasn't so much broken, but forced to back down. That whole sequence happened in the middle of that issue. By the end of that same issue...

...the first thing Rick does when they reach the Hilltop is to punch Gregory for not warning him how many people Negan actually had. He was kind of back to his old self already. Even when Negan shows up at the Alexandria for the first time and Rick is doing everything he tells him to, he's already secretly plotting against him.

He can say that. And it is not my place to disagree with his intent. The "breaking Rick" idea is not something I have heard just from him, or just on this thread, but many places.

He said it on the Talking Dead on Sunday night.

I think it was both - Rick was broken in that moment because their group will never be the same. And the realization that this group now has them hostage, essentially. Seemed like nothing he could do to help the group at the time, which he's not used to. So while I think we did see him broken in the premiere, I think we'll see him quickly regroup and devise a plan, getting back to his old self and following the comics while doing so. JMO.

Yeah. I may read the comics then. Just dying to know the Negan story. Not a fan of reading comic style though. I'll give it a shot.

Also, Wikki (comic version) says Carl was 7 at beginning and is 13 now, where the comics are. He was involved with Sofia and then a girl named Lydia (who may be Enid). Comics had him, um, doing adult things as a very young boy. I guess it's part of the 'new' world of the apocalypse.

I think Enid is taking Sophia's place from the comics. Lydia's backstory is whole other thing that leads into...a whole other thing I won't spoil for anyone. In the comics, Glenn and Maggie adopted Sophia after Carol died. She even calls them Mom and Dad. Enid seemed to be connecting with Glenn and Maggie last season, so that looks like where it's heading.

And yeah, our little Carl is all grown up now... :eek:

One of my favorite Maggie moments recently in the comics was after being asked if she was disappointed Carl and Sophia weren't an item instead, she responded, "Oh no, let him get the crazy girl pregnant instead!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter