• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The walk from PPH to the main entrances to the parks

Have you considered a DVC villa rental at GCH? I was running numbers and for our upcoming trip with the family it looks like the price would be about the same as DLH for the small studio. I found the information Tom Bricker posted on his blog (Disney Tourist Blog) really helpful in explaining how points rentals work.

This was our plan for October but all the studios were booked for 3 of our 5 nights at the 7-month mark. I've never used a DVC rental agency, only a private DVC member, so maybe they have access at 11-months out through VGC home resort people. Our DVC member who was booking for us was told that all the studios are often booked prior to the 7-month mark but those who have VGC as their home resort. They offered us regular hotel inventory for any of the three Disneyland hotels instead but the rates, still using DVC points, were MUCH higher. We ended up at PPH but it's costing more than a DVC studio at VGC.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else that might be counting on a 7-month VGC reservation like we were.

This was our plan for October but all the studios were booked for 3 of our 5 nights at the 7-month mark. I've never used a DVC rental agency, only a private DVC member, so maybe they have access at 11-months out through VGC home resort people. Our DVC member who was booking for us was told that all the studios are often booked prior to the 7-month mark but those who have VGC as their home resort. They offered us regular hotel inventory for any of the three Disneyland hotels instead but the rates, still using DVC points, were MUCH higher. We ended up at PPH but it's costing more than a DVC studio at VGC.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone else that might be counting on a 7-month VGC reservation like we were.

thanks for the heads up, we were considering it as a possible option, I will make sure not to count on it. I am really hoping to book at the DLH anyway, as I haven't been since the massive renovation and I know my kiddos would be totally enchanted with the property and my eldest will want to use the monorail as frequently as possible anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter