The WALDORF ASTORIA ORLANDO and HILTON BONNET CREEK Information Thread

pixiedust: There is NO resort fee if booing using Hilton Honors points pixiedust:
Welcome and thank you for posting that!

Happy New Year to all!

dsc04448.jpg

So I just priced out 7 nights at the yacht club with park hoppers for 2 adults and it wound up being roughly 4 grand for 2 adults!

with the high prices of deluxe resorts I am seriously considering the waldorf for our next trip. especially since I feel that deluxe disney rooms seriously have some major wear and tear our last couple of trips.

I think by the time I rent a car, resort fees etc it will be the same amount of $ for the week to stay at the waldorf. I was just wondering if my experience overall will be better. I am pretty much at the point now with disney deluxe resorts that I do not feel what I pay per night is what I get in return for my $. We typically go to disney 2x a year. We are no longer touring commandos and want to just have a nice vacation in a nice atmosphere. Any input would be great. Going to go and read through this thread now. thanks!

So I just priced out 7 nights at the yacht club with park hoppers for 2 adults and it wound up being roughly 4 grand for 2 adults!

with the high prices of deluxe resorts I am seriously considering the waldorf for our next trip. especially since I feel that deluxe disney rooms seriously have some major wear and tear our last couple of trips.

I think by the time I rent a car, resort fees etc it will be the same amount of $ for the week to stay at the waldorf. I was just wondering if my experience overall will be better. I am pretty much at the point now with disney deluxe resorts that I do not feel what I pay per night is what I get in return for my $. We typically go to disney 2x a year. We are no longer touring commandos and want to just have a nice vacation in a nice atmosphere. Any input would be great. Going to go and read through this thread now. thanks!
:wave2:
It's a hard choice, isn't it? There is something priceless about being able to walk right to Epcot and DHS and be near so much dining and entertainment - location, location location! The WAO is at a higher level (read: nicer) than the onsite Deluxes, however, you also have to either drive or shuttle to all the parks and you lose the Disney theming.

You can easily compare prices, what's harder is putting a price on convenience and being in the middle of it all. When we stay onsite, we don't ever leave WDW. We like the illusion of feeling like we're not even near Orlando. Have you considered using a room or package discount at YC or doing a split stay where you stay at both YC and WAO?

:wave2:
It's a hard choice, isn't it? There is something priceless about being able to walk right to Epcot and DHS and be near so much dining and entertainment - location, location location! The WAO is at a higher level (read: nicer) than the onsite Deluxes, however, you also have to either drive or shuttle to all the parks and you lose the Disney theming.

You can easily compare prices, what's harder is putting a price on convenience and being in the middle of it all. When we stay onsite, we don't ever leave WDW. We like the illusion of feeling like we're not even near Orlando. Have you considered using a room or package discount at YC or doing a split stay where you stay at both YC and WAO?

While we enjoy being in the middle of it all as of late the condition of the rooms at the beach/yacht and boardwalk have been far from favorable. With each and each trip we seem to be spending more and more time back at the resort since it's less about running from ride to ride and more just about a total vacation. We do a little of everything wake up late do some rides go by the pool go to nice dinners at night etc. I have a hard time spending nearly 500 dollar a night for a disney room to have worn carpets, dented furniture just so I can be close to EPCOT. I love disney we love our semi annual trips to the world but I am just about fed up with the condition of the resort rooms and the price disney charges for them. I would have less of an issue if disney was charging 250 a night instead of 500. so I am just trying to decide if this is the trip we decide to try something different for the same amount of $.

While we enjoy being in the middle of it all as of late the condition of the rooms at the beach/yacht and boardwalk have been far from favorable. With each and each trip we seem to be spending more and more time back at the resort since it's less about running from ride to ride and more just about a total vacation. We do a little of everything wake up late do some rides go by the pool go to nice dinners at night etc. I have a hard time spending nearly 500 dollar a night for a disney room to have worn carpets, dented furniture just so I can be close to EPCOT. I love disney we love our semi annual trips to the world but I am just about fed up with the condition of the resort rooms and the price disney charges for them. I would have less of an issue if disney was charging 250 a night instead of 500. so I am just trying to decide if this is the trip we decide to try something different for the same amount of $.
Are you applying any discounts or are these rack rates? I've stayed club level at both YC and BWI and have never paid that much. But, I was able to apply a military 40% off code to both of those reservations. There are often 35% off general public rates available for the Deluxes. There are also AP and Visa Card discounts and free dining. I'm not trying to push you in one direction, I just want you to know that there are discounts, except for around Christmas, Thanksgiving when they are usually blacked-out.

If you're pretty much looking for a resort-only vacation near WDW, then I would try WAO. I think you would be happier with the lower rate and better room condition. Try it and you can always stay onsite your next visit or you might love WAO. Happy planning!

If it were your first trip I would say say on site but for two adults I love the Waldorf. But it will feel very different. We had a room with a theme park view and we were able to see parts of every park. We were also able to watch the fireworks from our balcony. There is a charge for parking at the parks so if your going 2x a year you might consider at least one annual pass, it might work out better. Also they have very nice buses, the times are just not always good. On a couple of occasions we actually rode the bus to the park and took a cab from nearby resort.

Are you applying any discounts or are these rack rates? I've stayed club level at both YC and BWI and have never paid that much. But, I was able to apply a military 40% off code to both of those reservations. There are often 35% off general public rates available for the Deluxes. There are also AP and Visa Card discounts and free dining. I'm not trying to push you in one direction, I just want you to know that there are discounts, except for around Christmas, Thanksgiving when they are usually blacked-out.

If you're pretty much looking for a resort-only vacation near WDW, then I would try WAO. I think you would be happier with the lower rate and better room condition. Try it and you can always stay onsite your next visit or you might love WAO. Happy planning!

I am looking to go during food and wine festival there are no discount at the moment

Enjoy the perfect mommy/daughter Disney day at Waldorf Astoria Orlando's Royal Tea for only $30 per adult and $15 per child. The Royal Tea is available on Sunday afternoons in February from 3-5pm. For reservations, call 407-597-5409.

Is that Mother/Daughter Tea available in March? Is is strictly Mother/Daughter?
Thanks in advance. My DD will be 21 on Easter Sunday, :goodvibesand she loved the Disney version.

Is that Mother/Daughter Tea available in March? Is is strictly Mother/Daughter?
Thanks in advance. My DD will be 21 on Easter Sunday, :goodvibesand she loved the Disney version.
I think that would be so cute for your DD's birthday, but It seems to only be in February, but you could give them a call to see if they have anything special planned for March.

I have to agree with you on the condition of the rooms at WDW. They keep raising the prices, but they are not keeping up the resorts. I just priced out the Waldorf a SV room is only 218.00 a night that is cheaper than our YC garden view room with the 35% off AP rate. I would not want to spend all 12 nights at the Waldorf, but I am starting to think split stay. I might book a couple of nights at the Waldorf just to try it out. My kids love the pool activities at the Disney resorts, but if I can't get a good price on a Disney resort I am not against going offsite. The value and moderates don't interest me. I need a gym and I need good food. Our next trip after this May won't be until Fall of 2014 so I am happy to see there are some good options just in case I can't get a good discount from Disney.

Pros - It's a very nice convention hotel. The rooms are a good size. The beds are very comfortable. The pool is beautiful. Parking is easy but it's pricey. Room service has a good breakfast. Housekeeping is attentive. Great TV selection of channels.

Cons - there's a funny perfume scent in the lobby all the time. The hotel (even though in Disney's area) feels very remote. More so than the other "off property" hotels (even with the Disney view). Coffee at the coffee shop not so great. People fly through the parking garage at a ridiculously fast speed. Not a fan of the open air bar in the center of the lobby - had a strange vibe to it.

All in all - it was a nice stay. I think I prefer the S&D over this one. But I would be fine if I were to stay there again.

I just stumbled upon the Waldorf and am seriously considering it but can’t seem to find any good info or reviews on how well its shuttle system works or how inconvenient it really is.

This would be early September (a low crowd time I think?). How long did it take to get to MK, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom (to the gate)? How efficient was it and especially how easy it is to get back to the hotel for a midday break and/or back at night.

We were planning to stay at Polynesian until I found WA and want to figure out the trade-off. We probably will not rent a car but will just taxi on our Universal Islands of Adv day.

Pros - It's a very nice convention hotel. The rooms are a good size. The beds are very comfortable. The pool is beautiful. Parking is easy but it's pricey. Room service has a good breakfast. Housekeeping is attentive. Great TV selection of channels.

Cons - there's a funny perfume scent in the lobby all the time. The hotel (even though in Disney's area) feels very remote. More so than the other "off property" hotels (even with the Disney view). Coffee at the coffee shop not so great. People fly through the parking garage at a ridiculously fast speed. Not a fan of the open air bar in the center of the lobby - had a strange vibe to it.

All in all - it was a nice stay. I think I prefer the S&D over this one. But I would be fine if I were to stay there again.
Thank you for posting your review, viluvsdisney!

I just stumbled upon the Waldorf and am seriously considering it but can’t seem to find any good info or reviews on how well its shuttle system works or how inconvenient it really is.

This would be early September (a low crowd time I think?). How long did it take to get to MK, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom (to the gate)? How efficient was it and especially how easy it is to get back to the hotel for a midday break and/or back at night.

We were planning to stay at Polynesian until I found WA and want to figure out the trade-off. We probably will not rent a car but will just taxi on our Universal Islands of Adv day.
Here is a shuttle review by nessz79:

The shuttles were nice. The main problem is if you're going to Hollywood Studios as the shuttle goes to both Magic Kingdom AND Epcot before Hollywood Studios. We took the shuttle to HS so we could take the ferry to the boardwalk area (so we could have some adult beverages) and it took almost an hour to get to HS. However, the service to MK was quick on the way there (but they'd have the same long way back to the hotel as they are the first to be picked up going back). Epcot is the 2nd stop, so a bit of a long ride. Animal Kingdom appeared to have its own shuttle but I don't know for sure as we never went in that direction.
See more at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45679244&highlight=shuttle#post45679244

Thanks for posting that menu. DD20 who will be 21 on Easter will be having her tea/champagne at Disney's Grand Floridian that day. She is so excited.:yay::yay:princess:princess:

Love the Hilton Bonnet Creek and will be there Thursday-Tuesday this upcoming week as DH has a convention.:hug::hug:

Going to try the Marriott Grand Lakes for DD21st bday for a change as I'm not too happy to pay the new resort fee for leisure guests so will let you know.:yay::yay:

Where is everyone?? We have stayed overnight at Bonnet Creek before many of our Disney trips and I'm so excited to head there for a weekend in October! I'm most interested in the chocolate and champagne tasting at the Waldorf. Has anyone done this in the past?

Where is everyone?? We have stayed overnight at Bonnet Creek before many of our Disney trips and I'm so excited to head there for a weekend in October! I'm most interested in the chocolate and champagne tasting at the Waldorf. Has anyone done this in the past?

We are going next month as well... I can't wait to try this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter