The WALDORF ASTORIA ORLANDO and HILTON BONNET CREEK Information Thread

I'll be over at the wa spa with my ever so lovely smile lol. I'll try and take some pics this week
Terrific, SpaHopper! We are in dire need of photos on this thread. I've looked at the same WA/Facebook website photos for months! Thanks so much for posting some photos!

Do you think the WA will ever post a spa brochure with prices on their website?

Terrific, SpaHopper! We are in dire need of photos on this thread. I've looked at the same WA/Facebook website photos for months! Thanks so much for posting some photos!

Do you think the WA will ever post a spa brochure with prices on their website?

They will most def have the brochure posted shortly and I will have to do some ninja picture taking while i'm attempting not to get lost like I usually do. So far i've sent 3 SoS texts to my supervisor because I ended up getting lost

I've enjoyed reading this thread about the WAO.

I'm a life-long Disney-resort-guest, but I'm seriously thinking about a stay at the WAO over Christmas.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

In the downloadable brochure on the WAO website, it says near the end that the Waldorf Astoria suite has two-bedrooms and two-baths, yet when I look on the website, it says that it is only one bedroom. 1780 square feet is a large one-bedroom suite! Does anyone know if it's one bedroom or two? Are there any two-bedroom suites at the WAO?

Any idea if there is self laundry at the WAO? It looks like it's only overnight laundry service available.

In the Deluxe King Suite, what sort of kitchen facility is there? Is there a small refrigerator? Microwave?

On the website, it says that the suites come with "butler service" - what's that all about? And, it says there is an evening manager's reception? Does this mean the suites have concierge service?

If the room view is not Disney view, what is it? Parking lot?

There is a $50 per night credit available on some of the rooms. Does anyone know if the $50 has to be used each night, or can I combine $50 credits into a larger purchase (e.g., cabana rental)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DisneyDoogie, You will probably get the best answers to your specific questions by calling the hotel.
I wanted to mention something else to you. I don't know if you are aware of this already, but at most Hilton properties (including the Waldorf--I checked today) AAA rates beat Hilton's "best available" rates. The AAA doesn't always beat an opening celebration rate w/resort credits, (when offered) but it's still good to know.

About resort credits, my experience has been that they credit them each day, you can use them as you wish as long as it's within the rules of the offer. The Waldorf one (in addition to restaurants) looks like it's also good for some fun things like golf or a cabana.
If it were me, I'd call the Waldorf to check if the resort credits are good at all the hotel restaurants or just specific ones.

I've enjoyed reading this thread about the WAO.

I'm a life-long Disney-resort-guest, but I'm seriously thinking about a stay at the WAO over Christmas.

Welcome to the thread! We, too have stayed exclusively on-property and, we have never been at Christmas so we feel very brave that we are venturing into unchartered territory and staying at the WA and at Christmas:eek:. Congratulations on at least thinking about taking the plunge:thumbsup2

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

In the downloadable brochure on the WAO website, it says near the end that the Waldorf Astoria suite has two-bedrooms and two-baths, yet when I look on the website, it says that it is only one bedroom. 1780 square feet is a large one-bedroom suite! Does anyone know if it's one bedroom or two? Are there any two-bedroom suites at the WAO?

I looked at the WA brochure that I had printed and you're correct that it says that the WA Suite is a 2 bedroom. However, on the website under room types and on the reservations page it states that the WA Suite is a 1 bedroom/2 bath. Best to call them before booking to clarify this. I would think they would have a 2-bedroom since it is listed in the brochure. Perhaps all room types aren't yet available for booking so they aren't appearing on the reservations page? I'm leaning toward going with what the brochure says.

Any idea if there is self laundry at the WAO? It looks like it's only overnight laundry service available.

I forgot to ask about this when I last called. I'll have to call them sometime again to ask.

In the Deluxe King Suite, what sort of kitchen facility is there? Is there a small refrigerator? Microwave?

In the brochure it states that there is a fridge and a microwave and on our confirmation it lists "wetbar - Subzero bevchiller."

On the website, it says that the suites come with "butler service" - what's that all about? And, it says there is an evening manager's reception? Does this mean the suites have concierge service?

According to the website and brochure, only the Executive Level Suites have "highly attentive service" aka, a butler/concierge.

If the room view is not Disney view, what is it? Parking lot?

I suppose it could also be a water view, of either the pool or lake/garden. There is a nature preserve in the back with lush gardens and trails. Hopefully, Twinsaunt will report back on this for us after her 10/8 visit;).

There is a $50 per night credit available on some of the rooms. Does anyone know if the $50 has to be used each night, or can I combine $50 credits into a larger purchase (e.g., cabana rental)?

I did ask about this when I made my reservation and was told that the $50/day resort credit would carry-over if not used.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You're welcome!

I am very much looking forward to the WA. After so many WDW on-site trips we go to the parks less and less. We do like the resturants and to relax but the food at WDW has gone down in quality and variety. I think the WA will satisfy our need for fine resturants/luxury and close proximity to the parks for the day or so that we do go.

Last trip stayted at the BW and went to MK just 1 day.

Thats our story also. We had a 25th year anniversary trip planned for the Grand Floridian this November but cancelled it because the food has been so mediocre. We are dvc'ers and love it, we'll use it when we take family vacations when the emphasis is more on cousin getting together and park time.

My girlfriends and I doing our annual girls trip to the Waldolf next April!! can't wait.

Photo from the Bonnet Creek Facebook page. The convention center is in between the WAO and the HBC, which is in the background.

"This aerial is looking at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando in front with the Signature pools, Bonnet Creek, and Signature Island. Courtesy of Prestige Worldwide Helicopters."

9921_132181994063_92353769063_26438.jpg

This is from: http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/blogs/perrinpost/2009/09/waldorfastoria-orlando-discounts.html

by Kathryn Maier on Travel Deals

September 21, 2009

Free Nights and Upgrades at the Swank New Waldorf Astoria Orlando

"The legendary Waldorf Astoria hotel, an official New York City landmark, has been synonymous with luxury for decades, hosting heads of state, foreign dignitaries, and celebrities alike. Starting this fall, the new eponymous hotel brand moves beyond the Big Apple.

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando, the brand's first outpost, opens on October 1, and it's offering a great introductory deal: The fourth night of your stay is free, plus stays of five nights or longer receive a one-category upgrade.

This new property is more a resort than a city hotel. It's got indoor and outdoor treatment rooms at its Guerlain Spa and a Rees Jones-designed golf course -- facilities that it shares with next-door-neighbor The Hilton at Bonnet Creek. Rooms at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando start at $224 per night (including tax). So, with the deal, a four-night stay costs $671 instead of the usual $896. That's just $168 per night. Note that when booking, it will appear as though you're being charged for all four nights; one will be removed from your bill at check-out.

As for the upgrade, you'll go from big to even bigger: The lowest category room, the Deluxe Room, is a generous 448 square feet, while the next level up, the Deluxe Suite, measures a whopping 945 square feet.

Book by: October 31, 2009.

For travel from: October 1 through December 24, 2009"

Opening very soon..been doing lots of work to make everything perfect..and so far the status of this hotel will be un-matched by anyone

Opening very soon..been doing lots of work to make everything perfect..and so far the status of this hotel will be un-matched by anyone

Do you know when the spa menu will be available online? We have a stay scheduled next month and so far the menu isn't available...I really want to try the spa!

And does anyone know if the transportation will be available during MNSSHP? We will have a car but may want to just use the bus transportation to TTC.

TIA for all the great info provided in this thread!:goodvibes

This was posted on Facebook about the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It doesn't appear on the resort's website and an expiration date isn't given:

Kids eat free breakfast at Harvest Bistro! Free kids meal (12 and under) with each purchased adult entree. Good for locals too so come try us out!

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando, the brand's first outpost, opens on October 1, and it's offering a great introductory deal: The fourth night of your stay is free, plus stays of five nights or longer receive a one-category upgrade.

Tried to read through this great thread, but did not find the answer to my question - then saw this and it brought up another question!

Wonder if these 2 will be combined - we are looking at the buy 3, get 4th ngt free deluxe queen Disney view, but staying 5 ngts, so wonder what the upgrade would be...

Also,do any of the rooms have a balcony? Could not figure that out on the WA website site. Does WA have a direct number to call for reservations/oinfo? Thanks!

TIA!

Tried to read through this great thread, but did not find the answer to my question - then saw this and it brought up another question!

Wonder if these 2 will be combined - we are looking at the buy 3, get 4th ngt free deluxe queen Disney view, but staying 5 ngts, so wonder what the upgrade would be...

Also,do any of the rooms have a balcony? Could not figure that out on the WA website site. Does WA have a direct number to call for reservations/oinfo? Thanks!

TIA!

:wave2:
When you go to the WA's "Reservations" page there is a category choice of "X with balcony." For example, I booked a "Deluxe Suite with Balcony." They are the same price as the rooms that don't mention having a balcony. The "Disney View" rooms are the most expensive views, but they aren't listing them along with a "balcony" choice on the reservations page:confused3. Best to call them or if you do make the reservation online, mention in the "special requests" section that you would like a balcony.

Here is the "Buy 3 get 4" promo from the WA's website listed under "Packages":

Great Beginnings Package (You can link to the reservations page from this offer.)

Celebrate our historical opening as the first Waldorf Astoria to be built since the original in New York City since 1931 with our Great Beginnings package. Package includes: Pay for three nights at Waldorf Astoria Orlando and receive the fourth night free. Plus, pay for five nights and receive an upgrade to the next room type category. Rates start @ $199.

If you book the "Deluxe 2 Queens" your free upgrade (if you book 5 nights) would be to the 945 sq. ft. "Deluxe Suite 2 Queens." It's pictured on the first page of this thread.

The phone number for questions/reservations is: 1-888-353-2009. The direct # is: 1-407-597-5500 but, I believe that the last time I called it prompted me to call the 888 # instead since the resort was not yet open.

Hi they have a government rate box does anyone know if this is good fr teachers like at the swan / dolphin?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter