The "Waiting for ROFR" support group thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife says I'm not allowed to call until tomorrow because she's afraid that TTS will take out a restraining order on me. I Emailed Nancy a couple of days ago and she had heard nothing so...Now, tomorrow I'm allowed to call TTS, so what time do think is a good time to call? I'm thinking about 5:30am.

But did she say you couldn't e-mail TTS???:tiptoe: JK!! Don't want to get you in trouble.:thumbsup2 If someone is there at 5:30am, then you are golden!!!

This is our update. I posted on the got through ROFR thread. We had to cancel our offer. The contract was mis represented by the seller. The points were not right. they had a vacation planned and did not inform the agent. Disney caught it at the last minute!
Now we are back to step 1 with a great contract!
We are submitting to Disney hopefully tomorrow.
WE NEED SOME PIXIE DUST!!!
It is frustrating. But the contract we are hoping for now is really good. Also we had our doubts about the Dec. use year on the previous contract so I guess we will look at this as a sign.

240pts SSR (JUN) $80, 240 06' banked, 240 07' banked, all of '08. Buyer pays closing

This is our update. I posted on the got through ROFR thread. We had to cancel our offer. The contract was mis represented by the seller. The points were not right. they had a vacation planned and did not inform the agent. Disney caught it at the last minute!
It is frustrating. But the contract we are hoping for now is really good. Also we had our doubts about the Dec. use year on the previous contract so I guess we will look at this as a sign.

240pts SSR (JUN) $80, 240 06' banked, 240 07' banked, all of '08. Buyer pays closing

Thanks for posting this here. That is messed up! I know we all have been looking out for each other. We "Waiting for ROFRers" have to stick together, even if some of us have already passed. We're not through this thing yet! Like I said in the other thread, things like this happen for a reason!:thumbsup2 Here's hoping that this contract goes through! pixiedust:

BTW, who was the previous contract with? TTS?

Since they botched the contract # and it was sent back to ROFR again on 3/6, does that mean that I will count the days from 3/6 or from 2/26? That extra week isn't fair!! This is like waiting in the ninth month of pregnancy :rotfl:

That's awful! I really hope the contract your in now is the one that's meant to be, I'm sure it is. I can't believe people do this to other people. This also gives me another thing to add to the list of stuff to worry about!

I talked my wife into letting me call a day early :wizard: . I was told that they receive a "batch" in yesterday, however mine was not among them. He told me that the past couple of months were very busy and Disney is trying to get caught up. He also told me that I should hear by the 21st. The 21st is eight hundred thousand years away but I guess I have no choice but to come on here and constantly post stuff for at least another week. For those remaining in the support group, if you read this post I did say they received a BATCH yesterday if I were you I would be calling before I finished this post, good luck:thumbsup2 .

No mass of " I passed ROFR's " on the main thread. Of course, the day I found out I passed ROFR, I too had been told to "be patient". ;)

Tomorrow's Friday....:woohoo:

Today's updated List 3/13/08 - No Changes:headache:

tink'smom2b

Rambler5678

Monami7

Holidayroad

Dizney4us

Buckeye Fan

llmurphy17

Chickkypoo

:headache: ROFR is a four letter word. :scared:

I'm there with ya, Ed. Our 30 days is up on the 21st. At this point, we believe the ts company is going to let that expire rather than come out and waive ROFR. There are times when the wait is managable and other times I want to bite my nails to the quick. Another week of this is really depressing.

Monami, I am truly sorry about your first contract but really pumped about the new one. That is a great find!!

Good luck everyone! Here's hoping tomorrow is your lucky day!!

Sorry about your contract but I always feel that things do happen for a reason so being able to find a contract with a Dec. use year is definitely meant to be. Good Luck.:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

As far as my contract I found out today that everything is in order, my deposit was received and an escrow was set up, and my loan was approved. So the only thing left is Disney saying OK. Here's wishing :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Good Morning Sunshines! :goodvibes Happy Friday.

Question for the day- Does the 2042 UY bother you and would you extend if given the same opportunity as given to OKW owners?

My answer, it doesn't bother me. I'll be almost 70 when it expires so for me it's not a big deal at all.

Good luck with the new contract. I hope you can use/rent your 2006 points. That would be a shame. But, all your 2007-2008 is awesome!

So far absolutely no go on a June UY small contract from any of the resalers..We'll see how that goes.

Well, another day at work..:sad1: Hope it turns into a great day for you all!

We only considered SSR and AKL because the 12 years really does bother us. As DH says I will only be a Great Grandma by then! He can't see me giving up Disney yet!
Heidi

Question for the day- Does the 2042 UY bother you and would you extend if given the same opportunity as given to OKW owners?

It bothers me when I look at how much my points cost per remaining year on my contract compared to how much somebody buying AKV is paying per remaining year on their contract. The SSR and AKV resorts are definitely a much better deal when you look at the per year cost of the points.

This was a big decision for me in deciding between buying in at BWV or SSR or AKV. In the end BWV won out because I wanted the location and the ability to book the SV rooms there at the 11 month window. I must admit that the SSR contracts selling on resale with more remaining years for the same or less money then I paid for BWV were very tempting.

I won't live long enough to use all the years left on my contract as it is so I probably wouldn't extend my contract. I'm hoping that somebody looking to buy in cheaply would want to buy my small contract with less years left on it than a more expensive contract with 50 years left on it so that it wouldn't matter if I extended my contract.

I would be more likely to spend money on a small KTR add on instead.

My answer, it doesn't bother me. I'll be almost 70 when it expires so for me it's not a big deal at all.

Good luck with the new contract. I hope you can use/rent your 2006 points. That would be a shame. But, all your 2007-2008 is awesome!

So far absolutely no go on a June UY small contract from any of the resalers..We'll see how that goes.

Good Morning Tammy, my answer is: when my wife and I made the decision to take the plunge, it was length of contract vs Location and since I will, hopefully, have the next 34 years or so to figure out what I'm going to do in 2042, so we went for location. I would definitely try to add on years if they offered like they did at OKW. Does any one know what the offer was to extend the years at OKW?

Thanks for responding to my other post about BWV vs BCV it really helped!

My thoughts were definitely on location. After vacationing for the last 15 years in WDW, my memories are all in the MK and Epcot. So, we chose VWL and BCV. I think you should always buy where you want to stay. But, as soon as we signed the contract for BCV, I read on the boards that there will be a DVC at the Contemporary Resort. That kind of made me stop and think, where will I want to stay. I know if they put one in the Polynesian Resort, I'm buying for sure!!! :love:

Good morning! The lesser years does bother me a little, but we do already own @ SSR, so we figured by 2042 we may be ready to be done with 1 set of MF's.... but maybe not? If they offer an extension, we'd probably take it. We love BWV enough, that we didn't let the lesser years get in the way. But it is strange that Disney charges $104 PP on the DVC's with less time?:confused3 If we pass ROFR, I'll feel like we got some price reduction d/t the lesser years, especially since Disney is now charging the $104. Hopefully we'll all get some good news today, good luck everyone!:goodvibes

I thought everything would go quickly once passed ROFR (2/19)...still waiting for estoppel before I can close :guilty:

Well since our contract is for OKW, and apparently the seller already denied the extention, there's not much we can do right now. Once we're all done, we've talked about it, but aren't really sure. We're in our early 30's so for us, another 15 years would be nice, especially for our children and grandchildren.

On another note, I just got an e-mail from Nancy saying that she is waiting for the estoppel to be provided and then she can send us our closing paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter