The wait is killing me

sparks19

DIS Veteran
We have 67 more days until our trip back to The World. How am I going to make it 67 more days? I'm going crazy and I'm driving my family crazy along with me lol.

I've been watching peoples WDW videos, listening to WDW music, looking through pictures, planning planning planning, it seems I'm out of things to do.

What do you do when the wait is killing you?

What do I do? Rock back and forth while babbling "I wanna go to disneyworld, I wanna go to disneyworld".:lmao:

We have a really long wait too,Next year. I make small goals on the calender. Sometimes we watch youtube videos at the time it's taking place. Like Wishes 10pm. We watch it at 7 our time.

When all else fails....I carry on as normal:laundy:

I always just keep doing what I'm doing-listening to the music, watching the videos, ect.

Sometimes, though it's a little corny, it's fun to make a paper chain for counting down the days-that way you can visibly see how much more you have to go!

You could watch a Disney film every day as part of your countdown to the event!

Unfortunately waiting is the hardest part!!! I've got 16 days and I feel ya, I was in the 60s not too long ago! But remember, the days WILL pass and the day WILL come (even though it takes FOREVER!)

Have fun on your trip!

Make a countdown calendar for the wall or a countdown chain. Do you scrapbook? If so, gather up some materials in prep for your pages either from stores like Michael's or online. Draw up a list of things you will look and listen for based on DIS threads: funniest things heard, embarrassing stuff, mistakes people make, and so on. Look for hidden Mickeys around your house or in your daily routine.

I'm sure others will come along with more suggestions!

I feel your pain....I still have 45 days....although my torture just started last week...my DBF surprised me last week with the trip.....I booked the airline and made our ADRs....now it's just a waiting game.......

What I do, is listen to the Pod Casts....listen to DIS Radio, read the boards....I started to gather up things last night that I know I will need to take with me...I'm not packing yet, but just putting things aside so when it's time, it will make it easier...

Good Luck to you...and Have a wonderful time!!!

I'll make all of you feel better.... we have 688 days until our trip. :scared1: No, I'm not kidding. We postponed our trip till 2013. It's okay though....we did it on purpose so we'll get to do some of the new Fantasyland rides. However, it's still killing me. ;)

So, to pass the time, I keep re-working our dining options, I have a savings plan in place for our trip (that's a good thing), I hang out on the Disboards and read dining reviews and trip reports. But I'm kind of doing what Think-like-Tink suggested....rocking back and forth, "I wanna go to Disney" !! :rotfl2:

So.....does that make you feel a little better ? It's ONLY 45 days... you can make it !!! Heck, 45 days, I'd be starting to lay out clothes on the guest bed for packing ! I'd be making my little bin of toiletries to bring......putting stuff together for the plane.... you've got a million things to do still !! :rotfl:

it'll go fast..... and then your magic will begin !! :banana:

Always double check what your bringing and your game plan, like this year after watching some peoples vids, I just bought a camcorder, and now am gonna make a cool film of Disney for my families 2011 trip! So maybe do something you normally don't.
Also got the Hidden mickey book, almost know about 50 of them easily LOL

things like that help me!

ALSO: I'm super excited for this trip because my wife has never been to Disney and has no clue how cool it is!

Thanks everyone. Great tips.

We did make a chain but... I can't hang it up yet because it's too long LOL

I'm driving the family crazy and this is the only place I don't feel like a complete LOON :lmao:

we hang our chain at 100 days and let it drape all over the living room! I plan, read reviews, make a packing list, buy disney gift cards, talk about it WAYYY too much. Oh and rewatch videos with the kids!

I am right there with you we have 65 days. To pass the time I come here and other Disney boards and keep up to date on info, I listen to Disradio, I scrapbook pictures from old trips (when I actually have time), and plan our current trip obsessively. I already have all the ADR's I want and my overall plan for the parks but I tweak it from time to time. Next month I'll start making our autograph books and passports. I don't know if I will do t-shirts this time, I made 24 last time and it took up lots of time.

I also listen to podcasts when I'm at work. I scour the Disboards. For the 30 day mark, we (the kids & I) create cards for a countdown. I buy tons of Disney stickers and I have all different color sharpies. Each child does their set of cards (30-21; 20-11 and me 10-1) and it's a surprise every morning what the cards look like. I've also been posting the cards each day on FB, so all of my friends can see how corny I actually am.

I find my hardest part of the day to get through is while I'm at work. Disney and our trip is all I think about, but once I'm out of work everyday life easily occupies my mind!

Beach this weekend... that helps too! :thumbsup2

I drive my family nuts! They are all WDW fans too but Im the obsesser! I listen to park music, pod casts, live her on the DIS, youtube videos and make lists! LOL Next month we will start watching alot of Disney movies to get in that spirit and Ive had a countdown posted on the door now for a few weeks!

25 days for us. To make things harder, our sons don't know. This trip is going to be a wonderful surprise!

I need to get things together to decorate our window. This will be the first time we are doing that. I'm soooo excited. I'm the biggest Disney fan in my family (other than my two boys, but I can't talk to them about it right now).

I feel your pain too!!

I enjoy listening to disradio, but for me there is a catch. The kids don't know we're going. It's a surprise. We are going to spring it on them the day we fly out. So for now, I have to be a closet WDW dreamer. My disradio listening, youtube watching, disboards reading is all covertly done!

I don't have an answer for you. Just posting to say, it reminds me alot of when I was pregnant. The longest 9 months of my life! As the third trimester came around and it really kicked in that birth was coming, I had so many thoughts, all day, every day. Of course, there was picking a crib, painting the room, videos and books to get, what size clothing? But the worries! What if there weren't 10 toes and fingers? What if the baby had hair all over, not just its crown? What if there was a life-threatening birth defect? Oh, I tossed and turned and worried. The birth day finally came (July 19th, 26 years ago). Once my daughter emerged, I immediately knew all my worries were over! I don't remember the birth pains, but I do remember those worries! :)

I don't have an answer for you. Just posting to say, it reminds me alot of when I was pregnant. The longest 9 months of my life! As the third trimester came around and it really kicked in that birth was coming, I had so many thoughts, all day, every day. Of course, there was picking a crib, painting the room, videos and books to get, what size clothing? But the worries! What if there weren't 10 toes and fingers? What if the baby had hair all over, not just its crown? What if there was a life-threatening birth defect? Oh, I tossed and turned and worried. The birth day finally came (July 19th, 26 years ago). Once my daughter emerged, I immediately knew all my worries were over! I don't remember the birth pains, but I do remember those worries! :)

My dd5 came really fast. I almost had her in the toilet:scared1:. My epidural was walking in as she was coming out. And I remember that back pain oh so well. Thank goodness we are blessed with a boy and girl. I scheduled my dh's vas. appointment the next day:rolleyes1

you could be glad you arent me, I'm waiting 494 more days :rotfl:
I will gladly switch you places!!
But i know what you mean, the waiting is torture. I drove DH nuts with all my non stop Disney talk before the trip and I am trying to hold my tongue this time!!

I have 58 days. I'm at the babbling stage, "58 days until Disney." People at work have started to run the other way when they see me.

My DH went to CA for a month for work and many days instead of the, "I love you," texts, he gets a text with the countdown and responds, "I love you too."

80 days and counting for us, and sympathising! I know the time just oozes past slowly at this point! I'm making up albums of previous trips at the moment, which helps pass the time, but just makes me want to go back even more! It will pass though, and nearer the time when you have things to do to prepare it will seem quicker.

We'll do a count down calendar at 30 days courtesy of DD's computer skills - she's had a packing list since december and cant belive her dad doesn't know what he's wearing on the plane yet.:scared1: Think I'm seeing the next generation disney obsessive in the making.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter