• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The wait is killing me! 2014 packages

Won't let me use dates in November - December. I get all the way to picking a resort and then it tells me dates are not available.

I just called and the guy told me, you can only book 499 days in advance. I'm trying to book for december 2014. Nothing came up on the website so I guess I have a few more days to wait.

I called right on the dot at 7am and got through to an agent after a couple of quick answers on the phone tree. He was able to apply a 10% AAA discount to my existing room only reservation for a standard room at PORQ. :cool1:

Is this for a 2014 reservation? I've just spoken to my second CM today, and she said that there are not any room-only AAA discounts out yet. Not doubting you for a second, just thinking that maybe there aren't any available for AKL.

Thanks, and congrats on your discount!

I just called and the guy told me, you can only book 499 days in advance. I'm trying to book for december 2014. Nothing came up on the website so I guess I have a few more days to wait.

Mine is 409 days away and it won't let me book online.

I was able to get an estimate in November of 2014 but nothing for december. I guess I'll keep checking until it goes through.

Won't let me use dates in November - December. I get all the way to picking a resort and then it tells me dates are not available.

This is what it's doing for me too....so aggravating!! :furious: :badpc: I've been waiting for this day to price packages out for Nov/Dec, hopefully it will be working soon!

I was able to get an estimate in November of 2014 but nothing for december. I guess I'll keep checking until it goes through.

Booking availability seems to go up to 21/22 November 2014 at the moment - i.e. 499 days, which is to be expected.

You can view all of the nightly prices right up to the end of December 2014 though. Underneath each quoted room price (just above "Add to Cart") there is a "View Price per Night" link. Click on that, and then "View Seasonal Prices", and scroll through the calendar for that room type.

Andre

Tried booking CR today for end of Jan and they have no GW rooms left. Infact they only have CL TPV rooms left :confused3 I thought this was a slow time to go.

Weird...
I priced out 6 nights at BC (no tickets)...for the 3rd week of August this year...
Then priced out 6 nights at BC (again, no tickets) for the 3rd week of August in 2014......Same days (Sunday-Saturday)...and it came out $29 CHEAPER next year.

Really?
:confused3

From past experience AAA rates for the following year are usually released the beginning of August.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Today is the day.

Now I don't know which resort we are booking. We are hoping for a code to come out later.

But do I book a mod and maybe upgrade later?

Or book a deluxe and have the possibility of having to downgrade later?

Decisions, decisions!

Can't price my December trip. I know in past years, I've been able to price the entire next year when rates became available. :confused3 I don't have time to sit on hold and price multiple options with a CM. I'm bummed.

I was able to get AAA discount for last week in February on the 2nd phone call at POFQ standard room. :)

OurBigTrip - So glad you persisted and finally got a CM who could help you. I had received a letter in the snail mail July 6 informing me that the room rates for 2014 had been established and I called right away to ask if I could now see if POFQ was accepting a AAA discount again this year. The CM I spoke with told me the same thing your first 2 attempts this morning told you. I called back a few minutes later to a different Disney reservation number I have and would you believe it - I reached the very same cast member:faint: !

I resigned myself to waiting until this morning when I feared the phone lines would be all tied up and was so glad to get right through to Welton, a wonderful CM, who understood exactly what I was asking for and took care of it for me.

Being that POFQ is such a small resort they typically have fewer & smaller discounts than any of the other Disney properties.

glokozar - we'll be there the same time as you!

I don't understand why the 499 day rule still applies when it used to be when they released the packages it was until December 31 ? Im really disappointed! I was hoping to book my vacation today! I have to wait like 2 more weeks for December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter