• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"The Wait" for the final notice

A lot of times more roles will open up after character auditions when all the people accepted into other departments get switched over to performer. So don't lose hope yet!

I applied for Disneyland CP and had my interview on Sept 11th and just got the pended email tonight. Has anyone else applied for Lodging for Disneyland and got accepted/pended?

Just curious how many of you that got the pended email are in your first semester/quarter of college right now? I'm wondering if the Disney CP prefers students that have completed their first year...if that's the case, they may accept them first and however many decline is what frees up spots for the ones that were pended. :confused3

I applied my first semester of college and was accepted really quickly, so I'm not sure. I have a LOT of friends who applied on their first semester of college and got in too. I think it has more to do with the roles you picked as your top... but being pended definitely isn't a bad thing!

This time around, I received my acceptance five days after I had my interview :)

Anyone have any idea if they send out emails over the weekend? Or is it just weekdays? It'd be nice to know if they don't that way I won't be checking my email every 27 seconds...(Although I probably still would) ;)

I would think they would seeing as they do interviews on weekends. But I honestly don't know. I am in my second year of school. I don't believe it has to do with roles either, maybe it has something to do with it being the end of the month. I doubt they're fully staffed already, there are plenty of people who have yet to even have their interview yet. It does suck being pended though, at-least we weren't denied and have some chance of making.

It didn't seem like many emails go out over the weekends.

They usually don't (more come over the weekdays then weekends).

I know it's only been a week since my interview but they said I would hear in like two weeks and now they're saying wait until December 14th. What a bunch of ********* (sorry, I had to get it out)

Unfortunately, the 2-week thing is just an estimate. It can take a lot longer to find out, even without being pended.

A lot of times more roles will open up after character auditions when all the people accepted into other departments get switched over to performer. So don't lose hope yet!

About how long after auditions start do they start sending out offers for roles for that? I'm going crazy being pended and it's only been 2 days! :sad2::crazy2::sad:

I'm honestly not sure. I don't think they send out any offers for that until all of the auditions are over, though. I heard that they send them out in two big batches afterward, one for people who've already accepted other roles, and one for people who are pending or didn't apply until after the audition. I could be totally wrong about that, though.

Did anyone else get the Entertainment email this morning?? I just about died! I saw it was from Disney College Recruiters and that it didn't say "Congratulations!" In the subject and I literally thought "this is the end." A bit dramatic, yes? Haha I guess I'm glad it wasn't a rejection! Just wish it could've been some good news...

My daughter had her phone interview Tuesday and today she found out she was accepted. On to reading and planning. Where is this FB people are talking about roommates, etc.

AnnaS said:
My daughter had her phone interview Tuesday and today she found out she was accepted. On to reading and planning. Where is this FB people are talking about roommates, etc.

Congratulations to her!! :) I just went to the search bar on Facebook and typed in "Disney college program spring 2013" and a bunch of different groups and pages came up. Some you have to "request" to be in, but they will approve for her to be in it.

Congratulations to her!! :) I just went to the search bar on Facebook and typed in "Disney college program spring 2013" and a bunch of different groups and pages came up. Some you have to "request" to be in, but they will approve for her to be in it.

Thank you. Will tell her.

I just had my phone interview tonight. I'm so nervous. x:
It went really well though, I think!

Does anyone know if auditioning for character performer affects how long it takes to find out if you are accepted? I had my phone interview yesterday and she told me it takes two weeks to find out, but probably longer because I'm auditioning for character performer. I know it takes an additional two or so weeks after the auditions to find out if I made character performer, but I thought that they usually accept you for another role in the meantime? Or do they not give you a position until they see whether or not you got character performer?

I just had my phone interview today ahh! :scared:

I setup my interview to be at 3:15pm, and they didn't call on time. I. Was. Panicking! :faint: I wanted to cry a bit. I was so scared thinking about so many things that could have happened. But they called at 3:30 and it was because they had to find a different interviewer because my original one couldn't make the call.

My interviewer was Brandon and he was super nice. He kept saying "awesome" with all of my responses and it felt like I was talking to a friend. I wasn't nervous at all. princess: I just wish I didn't say "umm" too much. Is that a bad thing? I was just so excited. :laughing:

I hope it went well. I really want to do the DCP, it's been a dream. Now I just have to wait ugh! :hyper: :rolleyes1 :sad: :surfweb:

Does anyone know if auditioning for character performer affects how long it takes to find out if you are accepted? I had my phone interview yesterday and she told me it takes two weeks to find out, but probably longer because I'm auditioning for character performer. I know it takes an additional two or so weeks after the auditions to find out if I made character performer, but I thought that they usually accept you for another role in the meantime? Or do they not give you a position until they see whether or not you got character performer?

You can end up pended even if you are a character performer. Also, most people aren't accepted in 24 hours, it can take 3 days to 2 weeks to have a role offered to you. It is possible you will be pended and asked to go to character auditions either way. Just varies from person to person.

I'm not subscribed to the emails but still got the character performer email.. I don't believe I even applied for those roles. Maybe I'll get my acceptance after that is done? POSITIVE THINKING! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter