• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"The Wait" for the final notice

Annnnnnnnd exhale! Well I did my interview. My interviewer Sarah was very nice and friendly which made me more comfortable. I think it went well overall but I feel like I could've answered a couple of the questions better. Did anyone else feel that way? I'm still shaking. My heart has this intense feeling in it.

Annnnnnnnd exhale! Well I did my interview. My interviewer Sarah was very nice and friendly which made me more comfortable. I think it went well overall but I feel like I could've answered a couple of the questions better. Did anyone else feel that way? I'm still shaking. My heart has this intense feeling in it.

I definently felt like that after mine, afterwards I kept thinking of things I should have said or talked about more. I hope you hear soon and get accepted! What are your top choices?

I definently felt like that after mine, afterwards I kept thinking of things I should have said or talked about more. I hope you hear soon and get accepted! What are your top choices?

Thanks! My top choices are Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Merchandise and Attractions

Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine

Don't worry, I'm sure you did fine

Thanks! I sure hope so. They don't do acceptances on weekends do they? I really want this so bad. I already got rejected from an Entertainment Internship and from a job at the Disney Store in NYC. So I feel like a failure right now. I need to get this. I'm going to cry. Can't take the waiting. :sad:

Thanks! I sure hope so. They don't do acceptances on weekends do they? I really want this so bad. I already got rejected from an Entertainment Internship and from a job at the Disney Store in NYC. So I feel like a failure right now. I need to get this. I'm going to cry. Can't take the waiting. :sad:

Oh no, do not feel like a failure! When things don't work out, it just means its not meant to be...at this moment. I know you feel like you need to get this, I've been there. And then I didn't get it. Chin up, good things will happen to you.

Last time I applied I was having trouble with a co-worker and when I found out I didn't even get past the first part I was devastated. I needed to get out, needed a change but alas it didn't work out. So now I just taking things in stride. You cannot control if you get this right now, its out of your hands at this point. BUT, remember this is never the end.

I haven't even interviewed yet, so I am so scared that I am going to just bomb the interview and I don't want to deal with a third rejection. So I am right on the same page with you. I know it can be difficult but try to stay positive. =)

I was rejected twice before I got accepted into the College Program. That makes this semester my fourth application and I'm still nervous! I know it's hard, but please don't think of yourself as a failure. Remember how many times Walt himself was turned down? Don't give up on your dreams.

Oh no, do not feel like a failure! When things don't work out, it just means its not meant to be...at this moment. I know you feel like you need to get this, I've been there. And then I didn't get it. Chin up, good things will happen to you.

Last time I applied I was having trouble with a co-worker and when I found out I didn't even get past the first part I was devastated. I needed to get out, needed a change but alas it didn't work out. So now I just taking things in stride. You cannot control if you get this right now, its out of your hands at this point. BUT, remember this is never the end.

I haven't even interviewed yet, so I am so scared that I am going to just bomb the interview and I don't want to deal with a third rejection. So I am right on the same page with you. I know it can be difficult but try to stay positive. =)

Good luck on your interview! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Focus on how much you want to do the Program, not the possibility of rejection (believe me, I know how difficult that can be). Just think happy thoughts and remember to SMILE.

raiderfan489 said:
Anybody get put on carts in qsfb? I'm used to working in a food stand at a theme park by where I live. I'm prepared for any role, so I think that I'll be happy with whatever I'm given!

I wasn't, but my friend was. He was by himself mostly, so he was normally pretty bored until it picked up after a parade and he would be slammed for an hour, and then it would be dead again. On the plus side, it meant that we could go hang with him while he was bored, which we would often do. He worked in AK, and would have no guests for hours on end, so we would chat until he got some. His managers never seemed to mind thankfully, as long as he did his job and we didn't "push" guests away with our presence.

Last program took me about 3 weeks to find out. This time I heard back in 1 week! I think answers are coming out a lot faster this time.

I was rejected twice before I got accepted into the College Program. That makes this semester my fourth application and I'm still nervous! I know it's hard, but please don't think of yourself as a failure. Remember how many times Walt himself was turned down? Don't give up on your dreams.

Good luck on your interview! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Focus on how much you want to do the Program, not the possibility of rejection (believe me, I know how difficult that can be). Just think happy thoughts and remember to SMILE.

Thank you. I just had my interview, it was about 20 minutes. I was nervous so I totally tripped over my words. I think her name was Karen ( I was nervous and I have trouble understanding people sometimes on cell phones). I feel like I didn't do my best. Now I have to wait, and I am more nervous now than before the interview.

I'm slowly going mentally insane right now.:headache::crazy2::scared: Trying to stay busy:laundy: And focus on school:surfweb: But I can't get distracted enough.:sad2:

I'm slowly going mentally insane right now.:headache::crazy2::scared: Trying to stay busy:laundy: And focus on school:surfweb: But I can't get distracted enough.:sad2:

Me too! I decided I'm just gonna ignore it for like a week because now everything is out of my hands. But I don't feel very confident because I feel like my phone interview could have gone so much better.

And my interview was yesterday, but I've checked the dashboard like 30 times since then...lol even I can't follow my own advice to avoid this stuff.

ladypage said:
I wasn't, but my friend was. He was by himself mostly, so he was normally pretty bored until it picked up after a parade and he would be slammed for an hour, and then it would be dead again. On the plus side, it meant that we could go hang with him while he was bored, which we would often do. He worked in AK, and would have no guests for hours on end, so we would chat until he got some. His managers never seemed to mind thankfully, as long as he did his job and we didn't "push" guests away with our presence.

Awesome! I'm excited with whatever I get, and couldn't be happier that I was at least accepted. If you're waiting guys, just keep your head up!

Me too! I decided I'm just gonna ignore it for like a week because now everything is out of my hands. But I don't feel very confident because I feel like my phone interview could have gone so much better.

And my interview was yesterday, but I've checked the dashboard like 30 times since then...lol even I can't follow my own advice to avoid this stuff.

I felt confident on some parts of my interview. Some parts I wish were better. I need to focus on my math test tomorrow morning because it's not my strongest subject.

I asked this in the parent's thread .. but I'll ask here, in case someone knows :upsidedow

My son's application is "in progress". He did his phone interview yesterday. Today, he got a message that he has paperwork to fill out and return within 24 hours.

What does that mean? Is it a good sign?

I concluded my phone interview yesterday at 1:30pm, my interviewers' name was Brandon. I believe I started of weak but finished quite strong, I utilized 30mins of the time I had. I spoke a tad bit fast at first. Make sure you guys prepare questions for the end, it always shows your interested. I am so nervous and hope I get to attend Spring Advantage 2013. Never been to any of the Disney theme parks and think this will be an awesome opportunity.

I've posted this on a few threads, but my interview is in 2 hours so I'm just wanting to know what's going on!

But I actually have a question for you guys! Have any of you looked recently at the "Role Descriptions" page on the DCP website? When I applied (2 Wednesdays ago) all the roles were one way, and today they're all different! For example, there is now a "Disney Desk" option under lodging for WDW. That wasn't there when I applied, nor was it even an option to rate my interest on the application... Also, little things like how FSFB got moved to the "Recreation" section instead of the "Food & Beverage" section...? Maybe it's just my computer and it's changing all of the placement of things? Is anyone else confused about this?

The only reason why I'm even concerned about it is because, like I said, some of the roles that are on there now weren't even an option on my application, so I didn't get to mark my interest for any of those, and I am wondering if it shows up as "no interest" to the interviewer/people who choose if I make it in! I'd be willing do do any of those roles, they just weren't on there!

I asked this in the parent's thread .. but I'll ask here, in case someone knows :upsidedow

My son's application is "in progress". He did his phone interview yesterday. Today, he got a message that he has paperwork to fill out and return within 24 hours.

What does that mean? Is it a good sign?

I can't answer your question but am rooting for your son! It sounds like a good sign. Does anybody know? I'm curious as well :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter