• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muushka said:
Granny! How did I miss your post?? I just saw it today. Yes, that is it! And yes, I forgot about that part of the quote, also great!!!

Where is eliza61??? She needs to be here!

How did you find it? I have such a hard time with the search feature now, I don't even bother trying to find things. Is there a 'Granny' trick

Hey Muushka and granny,
Happy holidays every one.
I think I'm way beyond groupie stage. :sunny: It was my family's first time last August when I we stayed at the VWL and we were blown away. I think my friends are going to gag me if I recommend it one more time. My family is trying to figure out if the start calling me a disciple would that be sacrilegious.

Welcome everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We have to ring the bells each time we pass by them on the villas walkway too.

Can someone tell me about renting bikes? We'd like to ride over to FW on our next visit in April.

Also, we will be staying in a 2 BR lockoff for the first time. We requested a Woods view, so can anyone recommend a good location?

Would it have been better to request a water view to lessen our chances at getting the dreaded dumpster view?

Thanks! :)

Muushka said:
How did you find it? I have such a hard time with the search feature now, I don't even bother trying to find things. Is there a 'Granny' trick
I agree wholeheartedly that the search is very challenging these days. I'm trying to even remember how I found eliza61's great comments. :confused3

eliza61 said:
It was my family's first time last August when I we stayed at the VWL and we were blown away. I think my friends are going to gag me if I recommend it one more time. My family is trying to figure out if the start calling me a disciple would that be sacrilegious.
:rotfl:
Ah,you do have a lovely way with the English language. :thumbsup2

diznyfanatic said:
Can someone tell me about renting bikes? We'd like to ride over to FW on our next visit in April.
Just go down to the marina and they'll rent you bikes by the hour. You can ride them down the path to FW...it's a very nice ride and plenty of room to get some exercise in. Well worth it. :)

MiaSRN62 said:
Happy upcoming anniversary Jennifer ! The WL/VWL will be a wonderful place to celebrate :love:

Thanks. :)

We wanted to renew our vows this year, but with kids still in school it is not possible to take them out (middle school and a senior on high school) and we want them to be there. Just them and us - very intimate.

In another 5 years we will have one out of college and one in her first year. LOL - so we are hoping it will be a bit easier.

DVC Jen said:
Thanks. :)

We wanted to renew our vows this year, but with kids still in school it is not possible to take them out (middle school and a senior on high school) and we want them to be there. Just them and us - very intimate.

In another 5 years we will have one out of college and one in her first year. LOL - so we are hoping it will be a bit easier.

Vow renewal at VWL??? Tell me more! We have a 15th coming up next year.

eliza61, you complete this thread! You had THE BEST description I have ever read! And now you want to be a VWL disciple ??? I don't think we can top that!!! :rotfl2:

It's my soul match:love:

I'm still trying to formulate what else to say, but I wanted to check in and say "Hi" :wave: to all of you who have said it better!!!

Bobbi :cheer2:

We checked in this morning. We are in room 3534, a dedicated 1 bed. Got the Christmas tree up, and garland on the balcony. The view is towards bus stop. Magicalmcwho is a few doors down from us. I will try to get DW to post pics of tree once sun goes down. Sorta hard to see the lights right now. Its about 78* and sun is shining bright. Its so nice to be home. We all rubbed Humphreys nose and rang the arcade bells to get the Magic kicked in high gear. We are getting ready to head down hoping we can bump our late lunch up to an earlier one at WCC. If anybody has questions or anything else while we are here, I will keep a check on this thread.

Here are the pictures of the tree.

DSC05074.jpg

DSC05072.jpg

I am green! Sounds like it is going to be great weather there for you this week, not to be confused with last week's winter blast.
Keep it warm for us when we arrive in 7 days!! Woohoo! :cool1:

Muushka said:
I am green! Sounds like it is going to be great weather there for you this week, not to be confused with last week's winter blast.
Keep it warm for us when we arrive in 7 days!! Woohoo! :cool1:

We will do our best to keep the warmth around here for as long as possible :thumbsup2 :sunny:

jimmytammy said:
We checked in this morning. We are in room 3534, a dedicated 1 bed. Got the Christmas tree up, and garland on the balcony. The view is towards bus stop. Magicalmcwho is a few doors down from us. I will try to get DW to post pics of tree once sun goes down. Sorta hard to see the lights right now. Its about 78* and sun is shining bright. Its so nice to be home. We all rubbed Humphreys nose and rang the arcade bells to get the Magic kicked in high gear. We are getting ready to head down hoping we can bump our late lunch up to an earlier one at WCC. If anybody has questions or anything else while we are here, I will keep a check on this thread.

Hi jimmytammy,

We are also here at the lodge, taking it all in. We're in a dedicated 2 bedroom facing the quiet pool. We have our tree up and balcony lights going thanks to the DVC Christmas tree exchange. Hope you are having a great trip! It's so great to be home and the weather is great!

jimmytammy said:
If anybody has questions or anything else while we are here, I will keep a check on this thread.

I'm jealous, too! VWL is so great; we're headed back there in January. Quick question: Is the bus running from WL to MK right now? I read somewhere that they had temporarily stopped the direct service, and was wondering when they might bring it back?

Have a wonderful trip!

kahluacream said:
I'm jealous, too! VWL is so great; we're headed back there in January. Quick question: Is the bus running from WL to MK right now? I read somewhere that they had temporarily stopped the direct service, and was wondering when they might bring it back?

Have a wonderful trip!

Yes, it started running again a few days ago - maybe Thanksgiving day? It was closed the first few days of our trip which was really a pain!!

I made a new iMix available on iTunes of WL music! It's more complete than the others that are already on there and where there was stuff I couldn't find, I made some substitutions.

If you have iTunes, go to Music Store, click on iMix (should be on left hand side) and search for "Wilderness Lodge Lobby" Mine is the biggest mix and has 28 tracks!

Enjoy!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I too am a VWL groupie. From the very first time I saw it I new I had to own a piece of that magic. Unfortunately my family has wanted to stay at other resorts on our last several trips but I told them for Christmas it was definetly going to be VWL. Even on all of those other trips I have made a point of going just so I could see our home.

I can not wait to be home - just 23 more days!!!!!!

Maybe I will see some of you there!
Lori

jpeka65844 said:
I made a new iMix available on iTunes of WL music! It's more complete than the others that are already on there and where there was stuff I couldn't find, I made some substitutions.

If you have iTunes, go to Music Store, click on iMix (should be on left hand side) and search for "Wilderness Lodge Lobby" Mine is the biggest mix and has 28 tracks!

Enjoy!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS
Great job Denice and thanks.

We just got back from a week at VWL. We did not see anyone sleeping in the Iron Spike room on the window seat. ;) I just wish they would get that darned hot tub fixed. In two stays there (other one three years ago), the hot tub didn't get over 80 degrees. Just not right when it is only 45 degrees outside.

jimmytammy said:

You got OUR ROOM!!!! We checked out of 3534 on Saturday morning!!!!!!! Isn't it a great room??? The closet was huge!

ddhoeg said:
Yes, it started running again a few days ago - maybe Thanksgiving day? It was closed the first few days of our trip which was really a pain!!

Thanks! Glad to hear it's up and running again. The boat ride over to MK is really relaxing, but it's nice to have the option of the bus when you need to get there quickly. :)

Deb & Bill said:
We just got back from a week at VWL. We did not see anyone sleeping in the Iron Spike room on the window seat. ;) I just wish they would get that darned hot tub fixed. In two stays there (other one three years ago), the hot tub didn't get over 80 degrees. Just not right when it is only 45 degrees outside.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: very funny! :thumbsup2

Welcome home! Did you have a good time? Was it beautiful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter