The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I just looked at a bunch of studios are still available at the end of this year. Though it does look like some people must have booked as some days are now unavailable. So are we still thinking this is a glitch or did they actually add these back into the inventory? I'm really feeling like the refurb has been pushed to a 2025 start date now.
Very possible

Did you ask them to move you or they said they needed to move you?

And if they NEEDED to move you...what exactly does that mean as far as the refurb?
I initiated the change.

I didn’t expect Member Services to have the answer to those questions.

I just worked with them to figure out how to take a 1Bd on one membership ID and then book a 2Bd spread out over 2 membership ID because you can’t transfer banked/borrowed points…. Even if you are the owner of both memberships!

I was wondering if the system would even let us book the 2Bd room… apparently it has because I got the confirm emails….

Last edited:
Did you find anything about why the availability changed? My 1->2 bedroom wait list is still sitting unfulfilled.
That is strange that it would not automatically fill wait lists when they opened up the inventory….. I’d give MS a call and just have them do it for you.

There is a chance this will all backfire and I just gave up a 1Bd and the 2Bd will be cancelled…. but it’s been a little while now and I would hope they’d know if there was a system issue….

I also just changed my studio to a 1BR for thanksgiving week as I had some points open up. Well if it’s bank error then let’s hope we get some magic and they have to upgrade us to the fancy club level suites hotel side. @AstroBlasters I’ll take the Arroyo suite and you can have El Capitan.

I also just changed my studio to a 1BR for thanksgiving week as I had some points open up. Well if it’s bank error then let’s hope we get some magic and they have to upgrade us to the fancy club level suites hotel side. @AstroBlasters I’ll take the Arroyo suite and you can have El Capitan.
I’ve seen a YouTube of the El Capitan suite/townhome…. “It’s a veeeery veeery nice….”

I had a waitlist for a Deluxe Studio for early December fill this weekend. I had booked the accessible studio at VGC and a studio at VDH (was keeping my options open and would have cancelled by September most likely when I settled on an option) for early December and then waitlisted what I really wanted which was the deluxe studio at VGC. I got a call on Saturday from Member Services letting me know the waitlist had matched and trying to figure out what I was trying to do with the other 2 rooms. So they cancelled the other 2 studios (the accessible and the VDH one) and got me booked 12/4-7 at VGC. Very happy it worked out.

Yeah...I bet a lot of waitlisted people got rooms this Fall/Winter since so much availability opened up. Makes me wonder what availability will be like in the Spring/Summer of 2025....

Yeah...I bet a lot of waitlisted people got rooms this Fall/Winter since so much availability opened up. Makes me wonder what availability will be like in the Spring/Summer of 2025....
I would think 2nd week of Jan to late May would be the “less busy period” outside of spring break…

Yeah...I just meant if they pull a bunch of rooms for the refurbishment since it doesn't look like it's going to start in October like we all originally though. We're looking at mid/late June 2025 (as long as our June trip this year goes well....)

We were still thinking we might try February 2025 at VGC if we wanted to go sooner but people are walking and it doesn't look like we'll get the dates we wanted for that...which is a bummer. I suppose we could go to WDW again in early 2025 if we wanted. But we'd have to use VGC points to do it since our BRV contract was stripped.

We’ve owned DVC since 2008/2009 - as far as we know, no refurb has ever included redoing the layouts. It’s generally swapping out soft goods (carpet, curtains, etc), appliances (microwaves, W/D, etc), painting, tiling, etc.
I don’t think GVC has ever had a full referb. Hasn’t there just been one soft goods.

But no they won’t change the layout.

Do the studio villas have the large shampoo/conditioner bottles in the showers or just the small travel sized ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter