The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Good to know!!
I think I select at least one day dedicated to MK, and DHS and use Genie+ for one day each for the really high priority stuff, and just wing it the rest of the trip... I guess I'll need to figure out how Genie+ works at some point too. lol

When are you going? I'm not sure if we'll do Genie+ but I suspect maybe we will buy it one or 2 days to hit up some rides our son doesn't want to go on with us. That's what we did at Disneyland and it seemed to work well.

When are you going? I'm not sure if we'll do Genie+ but I suspect maybe we will buy it one or 2 days to hit up some rides our son doesn't want to go on with us. That's what we did at Disneyland and it seemed to work well.
WDW - Jan 26-Feb 6.
VGC - Nov 30-Dec 5th

If you use Genie+ post up how it worked, i think you go before i do. :)

WDW - Jan 26-Feb 6.
VGC - Nov 30-Dec 5th

If you use Genie+ post up how it worked, i think you go before i do. :)

We head home on January 26th. Ha! I'll probably post a little trip report in that section of the forum when I get back but I guess you'll already be there by the time I do that. Our son has DAS so I'm still not sure how much we'll want/need G+ on top of it. We shall see! We are definitely planning to try to get ILL for a couple rides since we've never been on them and don't really want to waste time in the regular queue.

Sorry, I don't mean to totally off on non-VGC related tangents.

We head home on January 26th. Ha! I'll probably post a little trip report in that section of the forum when I get back but I guess you'll already be there by the time I do that. Our son has DAS so I'm still not sure how much we'll want/need G+ on top of it. We shall see! We are definitely planning to try to get ILL for a couple rides since we've never been on them and don't really want to waste time in the regular queue.
I fly in on the 26th, but my first park day isn’t until the 28th, so I’ll keep an eye out.
I’m sure I’ll try it out at one park or another, often times I feel like I want to experience the whole queue and not skip anything.

Yea, I’m sure I’ll figure it out.
The only thing I remember using once was where you had to go grab a paper slip from a ride… was that MaxPass or maybe FastPass?

Yea, I’m sure I’ll figure it out.
The only thing I remember using once was where you had to go grab a paper slip from a ride… was that MaxPass or maybe FastPass?
The paper was Fast Pass. MaxPass was fast passes using your phone instead of going to the paper pass machines,

The paper was Fast Pass. MaxPass was fast passes using your phone instead of going to the paper pass machines,
Oh, then no I never used it, except one time when I was visiting, friends used it on their phone and I think it hooked me into theirs? (maybe)
But I get it, it’s just going to take some time to get used to it, and I’ll watch some videos so I don’t waste time learning it the hard way. lol

Sorry, I don't mean to totally off on non-VGC related tangents.
My son has DAS too. You probably won't need genie+ then unless you want re-rides or the lines are so long it's prohibitive even with the virtual lines. That's a low time of year and my guess is you won't need it.

My son has DAS too. You probably won't need genie+ then unless you want re-rides or the lines are so long it's prohibitive even with the virtual lines. That's a low time of year and my guess is you won't need it.

Yeah, we'll probably wait and see what we think. I'm glad DAS can be used for re-rides, unlike Genie since my son has his favorites that we tend to do multiple times a day.

At Disneyland we got Genie+ one or two days just so my husband and I could do things like Space Mountain/Big Thunder/etc. because our son doesn't do rollercoasters. We took him on Big Thunder in 2022 at Disneyland and that was a huge mistake. Ha! I am considering getting him on Gadgets this summer (and maybe the version of that in WDW too.) We'll see. I've never been a huge rollercoaster person but I love Disney coasters. My first ever rollercoaster was actually Big Thunder at WDW when I was my son's age.

I think having UYs 6 months apart is actually ideal--if managed reasonably well you can travel any time of year and never use points after the banking window.
Yea, that's true too, if planning on WDW multiple times a year. (I'm planning more like once every 3 years, so a little less convenient)

I could definitely see different UY for WDW vs DLR vs Aulani work out find based on time of year for travel, but my business is busy March - Sept, so my window personally is not based on location, so not so good for me to have them be 6 months apart.

Riviera would actually be the very bottom of my list
Don’t do the tour….. there are many of us VGC lovers who are big Riviera fans. Best to stay away from the resort and not be tempted.
I think having UYs 6 months apart is actually ideal--if managed reasonably well you can travel any time of year and never use points after the banking window.
That’s what we have. December and June for us. Works well. Also get some strong overlap in key months for us that would allow for some big parties if we needed :)

Really?? Just looking at photos and stuff, Riviera does nothing for me. Plus, I would never ride the skyliner.
Sounds good. Wilderness lodge is our #1 at WDW but RVA is tied for #2 with AKL for us. It's just enough fancy and fun at the same time. But everyone is different. When we made inquires of our family (about 25 of us) at the end of the 2023 reunion AKL had the most votes for favorite resort, RVA came in 2nd and WL was last....

We also love the Skyliner. To our kids, it's the first ride of the day and it's also a fun ride if you are having a non-park day.

Sounds good. Wilderness lodge is our #1 at WDW but RVA is tied for #2 with AKL for us. It's just enough fancy and fun at the same time. But everyone is different. When we made inquires of our family (about 25 of us) at the end of the 2023 reunion AKL had the most votes for favorite resort, RVA came in 2nd and WL was last....

We also love the Skyliner. To our kids, it's the first ride of the day and it's also a fun ride if you are having a non-park day.
I would love to stay at AKV or WL, but my wife says she only wants to stay somewhere we can walk to a park… SoCal girl trained on Disneyland….

Really?? Just looking at photos and stuff, Riviera does nothing for me. Plus, I would never ride the skyliner.
Riviera is incredibly relaxing and tones down the intensity of the Magic Kingdom area resorts and is less "busy" than the nearby Epcot ones. It has the best rooms of any Disney resort and carries an air of Disney luxury with it. It's sophisticated and relaxing whilst having enough Disney character touches. I love getting my morning coffee at Le Petit Cafe and watching families play together on the lawn which is frequently occurring at Riviera. To have a coffee shop, bar, quick service, and signature restaurant at a DVC exclusive property 3 mins walk from anywhere is a god send. Skyliner just tops it off. The Grand Cal team could learn a thing or two from Riviera F&B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter