• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Currently, you get to pick from the "Hotel Bucket" which is limited to VGC/GCH guests. So there is "some" priority, but not a guarantee. Book early and you will be fine.

Create a Disneyland.com account, if you don't have one.
Add your VGC reservation to your account (this is new for DLR/VGC, not available previously).
Link your tickets to account.
At 60 days out, book your first Park day, and so on... on a rolling basis.
*You need to view your VGC reservation and click to link on that page to "Make Theme Park Reservations" to access the hotel bucket.

**I noticed the other day our check-out day was not available using the above method for Hotel Bucket. I used the regular Park Reservation link and added our last day that way. Strange.
thanks but as usual, it did not work, There is no where to link a reservation, but there is a place to link your DVC account, but when I try it does not work. Along with the Legacy app not working. Please Disney hire real computer people

thanks but as usual, it did not work, There is no where to link a reservation, but there is a place to link your DVC account, but when I try it does not work. Along with the Legacy app not working. Please Disney hire real computer people

I don't know about the app but if you use a browser to login to your DL account and go under My Disneyland and then My Hotel Reservations it should give you the screen to link your hotel reservation.

Yeah I should have said specifically to use a browser. You need to login to Disneyland.com, not the app. Thanks @KAT4DISNEY

They have been integrating software from WDW and MDE over the last weeks and months. They look similar, but it's just not "there" yet. Hopefully soon!

Also linking DVC "account" doesn't work for me either. :thumbsup2

Ooooh, I don't have an answer for you but I am STALKING the reservation pages for those nights...prefer a 1 bedroom but we'll take anything right now!
I have a 1 bedroom June 8-15 that we may be modifying or cancelling this coming week.

I have a 1 bedroom June 8-15 that we may be modifying or cancelling this coming week.
REALLY!!! I have a 1 bedroom I was able to snag for the 17th and a 2 bedroom for the 15th. I'm still trying to piece things together! I'll keep stalking!!

How come you're not going? Are you just going later in the year?

Currently, you get to pick from the "Hotel Bucket" which is limited to VGC/GCH guests. So there is "some" priority, but not a guarantee. Book early and you will be fine.

Create a Disneyland.com account, if you don't have one.
Add your VGC reservation to your account (this is new for DLR/VGC, not available previously).
Link your tickets to account.
At 60 days out, book your first Park day, and so on... on a rolling basis.
*You need to view your VGC reservation and click to link on that page to "Make Theme Park Reservations" to access the hotel bucket.

**I noticed the other day our check-out day was not available using the above method for Hotel Bucket. I used the regular Park Reservation link and added our last day that way. Strange.

Do I need to create a new one for DL if I already have a Disney account that I use for WDW and DVC?

LAX

REALLY!!! I have a 1 bedroom I was able to snag for the 17th and a 2 bedroom for the 15th. I'm still trying to piece things together! I'll keep stalking!!

How come you're not going? Are you just going later in the year?
Out of state and we don't want to make the trip if we don't know that we can enjoy the parks. :confused3

There is no where to link a reservation, but there is a place to link your DVC account, but when I try it does not work.
Also linking DVC "account" doesn't work for me either.
I contacted MS via email about this a month or so ago, then talked with a CM as I was told they have to do it in person. On thst call, the CM finally said she couldn’t make it show the DVC link on the Disneyland account either but it was “there” for am6 eligible discounts. I’ve not tried to test it (Ie with in park discounts) to see if what she said is true.

Out of state and we don't want to make the trip if we don't know that we can enjoy the parks. :confused3
Oh that stinks, I'm so sorry. Our oldest daughter wants to go with us...but she's now a resident of Montana and can't go either. It's so frustrating for those out of state. She was trying to decided if she want wanted to just take a chance, but it's a lot of money if it's a no go...not to go into the parks.

Oh that stinks, I'm so sorry. Our oldest daughter wants to go with us...but she's now a resident of Montana and can't go either. It's so frustrating for those out of state. She was trying to decided if she want wanted to just take a chance, but it's a lot of money if it's a no go...not to go into the parks.
Aww, I'm sorry for her! It's especially frustrating for those of us who are fully vaccinated!

Do I need to create a new one for DL if I already have a Disney account that I use for WDW and DVC?

LAX
Yes I think this is still the case. We had to create one for WDW a few months ago, so I think the reverse is still true. Although I notice the passwords seem to be linking to our Disney+ account.

The model for Disney IT lately seems to be "separate, but sort of connected".

Is there anyone we can write to about opening DVC to out of state VGC owners? Terri A. Schultz seems to not have time for Grand Californian owners. We have reservations that were made months ago for mid-June. As with everyone else, there have been many cancelations over that last year. It’s frustrating that Disney Resorts are not able to make exceptions for DVC members who MUST book 7-11 months out to let them into the theme park. Especially since there are other theme parks that we can visit in the state (SeaWorld & Universal Studios) with proof of vaccination. Having to cancel yet again with expiring points and having no availability (there are only 50 rooms) yet paying for 2 years in dues is very frustrating given the large investment in DVC by our family. Points are all going exp. WDW is full and would prefer not to sell or do RCI. We just want to be heard we cant be alone as owners. TIA

So this is what I ended up sending to both Disneyland parks through the website and DVC member satisfaction directly (slightly different versions). I would have sent to Ken Potruck and Terri Schultz if I had their direct emails:

I am extremely upset by the announcement today that no preference or special bucket of park reservations will be given to DVC VGC owners with existing reservations. I question whether anyone even consulted DVC when making this announcement, as it demonstrates a fundamental lack of understanding how DVC works. To secure VGC reservations at most times we need to make reservations 11 months ahead of time. It is probably the hardest reservation to get in all of the DVC program. Due to DVC rules, these reservations cannot just be changed or dropped without possibly losing points or having those points restricted. This was recognized when WDW opened as DVC and resort guests were given a special bucket of park reservations.

VGC DVC has been closed well beyond the time it should have opened. I would even argue that DVD had a duty to its owners to open VGC as soon as it could. There is nothing in the state of CA that has prevented it from opening months ago (as other timeshare in the area did). The fact that it didn't open shows that you think it is inextricably linked to the parks, which should at a minimum guarantee DVC reservation holders access to park reservations or presumably would open you to a lawsuit for not opening long ago. The disparate treatment of west coast DVC owners from WDW owners is horrible customer service and especially bad optics given the impending sales of a DVC tower at the DH. It hardly feels as if we are valued members/owners.

I get that we are a small group, but that does not make it acceptable to treat us differently than WDW DVC owners (of which I am also a part) or to utterly disregard how the DVC system works. I hope that DVC is lobbying Disneyland to reconsider this decision ASAP or make clear that park reservation calendars will be open at least 11 months + 10 days ahead of time. I have existing VGC reservations in September and January that I need to secure park reservations for when the system opens on April 12/15.
Did you get a response to this letter?

Is there anyone we can write to about opening DVC to out of state VGC owners? Terri A. Schultz seems to not have time for Grand Californian owners. We have reservations that were made months ago for mid-June. As with everyone else, there have been many cancelations over that last year. It’s frustrating that Disney Resorts are not able to make exceptions for DVC members who MUST book 7-11 months out to let them into the theme park. Especially since there are other theme parks that we can visit in the state (SeaWorld & Universal Studios) with proof of vaccination. Having to cancel yet again with expiring points and having no availability (there are only 50 rooms) yet paying for 2 years in dues is very frustrating given the large investment in DVC by our family. Points are all going exp. WDW is full and would prefer not to sell or do RCI. We just want to be heard we cant be alone as owners. TIA

The problem is the limited number of rooms available at VGC.

You can't make a DVC reservation at VGC because you're out of state?

You can't make a DVC reservation at VGC because you're out of state?
We can make the reservation and stay at the hotel but we can't go into the parks. If you are coming from out of state, it may not be worth the trip just to stay at the hotel and look at the parks.

I absolutely agree with you. I tried Terri Schultz as well. We are in the same boat and have to cancel this week. So hard to know what to do. And so frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter