The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

...Is there a retractable clothes line to hang swim suits in the shower?
We hung the towels over the shower rod or from the rack that holds the towels (on the wall above the toilet), but there were only 2 of us.
There is a retractable clothes line:
vgc_studio_shower.jpg

I'm so excited! I was able to get a studio this morning for June 17-21! I've been following this thread, trying to read through all the posts, haven't gotten through it all yet. I absolutely cannot wait! Now to go back through the last few pages where I know I saw a sample room request email, and which rooms are best to request. We have never been to Disneyland so I've got a lot of research to do.

Can someone explain the location and views from the Grand Villas? Pictures would be fantastic as well, Thanks much!

Just got back from 5 nights at the VGC. We had a studio 6504 right in the corner. Great view of WoC and overlooking Paradise Pier. Loved how close everything was. If we were in the park at DCA we could literally run up to our room and be back in 10 min. We asked for upper floor/theme park on our request and again at checkin. The CM told us there would be a great room but it wouldn't be ready until much later. It was almost 4. This studio was a lock off so I wonder if they had to clean the entire 2 bedroom.

The gingerbread house was going up and the tree was all decorated. The only downside was it really wasn't great swimming weather (and my DS is a fish) by 2-3 in the afternoon most of the pool was in shade. He still swam most days but we needed the hot tub, lol.

10818434_10154913807495713_6651192072891485890_o.jpg

I posted this on the misc site but thought people here might find it useful as well...."We are just returning from VGC and we used Von's grocery delivery service. You probably should book 24-48 Hrs in advance (1 hour delivery window) although they can do same day if slots are available. We had both groceries and alcohol delivered. If we didn't have alcohol the concierge would accept. Due to the alcohol we had to sign. I let the concierge know we were at the pool, gave them delivery name, time and number. They called us to sign when the delivery arrived. Extremely convenient."

I posted this on the misc site but thought people here might find it useful as well...."We are just returning from VGC and we used Von's grocery delivery service. You probably should book 24-48 Hrs in advance (1 hour delivery window) although they can do same day if slots are available. We had both groceries and alcohol delivered. If we didn't have alcohol the concierge would accept. Due to the alcohol we had to sign. I let the concierge know we were at the pool, gave them delivery name, time and number. They called us to sign when the delivery arrived. Extremely convenient."

Thanks for that great tip :)

Hi All, we are on the waitlist to buy more points direct and were wondering if anyone had heard any updates about the list. Or of anyone who has been able to buy more points that way recently?

Hi All, we are on the waitlist to buy more points direct and were wondering if anyone had heard any updates about the list. Or of anyone who has been able to buy more points that way recently?

We was on the wait list for points and got a call from our guide offering us some, but we declined as we had gone the resale route.
This was about a month ago.

We was on the wait list for points and got a call from our guide offering us some, but we declined as we had gone the resale route. This was about a month ago.

We have been on the list for 9 months now (for more points) and I was recently told it could take another year. I need December UY points. I believe the person on the list the longest is from May of 2013.

We have been on the list for 9 months now (for more points) and I was recently told it could take another year. I need December UY points...
The specific UY can be an issue, although no one knows the exact distribution of points between various UY :headache:

We have been on the list for 9 months now (for more points) and I was recently told it could take another year. I need December UY points. I believe the person on the list the longest is from May of 2013.

WE are on the waitlist for dec uy also. Have been waiting over 18 months. Bought resale butam still on the waitlist. Got called and offerred june uy about 10 months ago but declined as we prefer dec uy points. Just gotta wait for that call.

WE are on the waitlist for dec uy also. Have been waiting over 18 months. Bought resale butam still on the waitlist. Got called and offerred june uy about 10 months ago but declined as we prefer dec uy points. Just gotta wait for that call.

My guide told me that they wouldn't allow me to buy points from another UY and that the wait list was set up by UY only. The inconsistency amongst the guides is frustrating. But, as you said, you just gotta wait for the call.

My guide told me that they wouldn't allow me to buy points from another UY and that the wait list was set up by UY only. The inconsistency amongst the guides is frustrating. But, as you said, you just gotta wait for the call.

When I asked our guide about buying at VGC and use year he said most people want to be put on the list of their current use year (for obvious reasons) but that you could opt to put yourself down as willing to take any use year "just to get in to Grand Cal".
We ended up buying a different use year through resale instead of going onto the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter