The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Checkers......just wanted to wish you a great trip in a few weeks. You're going to love DL! We're WDW veterans and just had our first trip "west" to VGC this past January. You will absolutely love VGC......we had a 1 bdrm lockoff on 3rd floor directly above Paradise Pier.....it was awesome. We just loved, loved, loved the fact that we could be just about anywhere in either park and get back to our room within about 10 minutes time. An example.....we did World of Color one night....in a great viewing area (we could also see it from our room and balcony....but, not full front view so wanted to get right in front at the park) and we were back in our room within 10 minutes of WOC ending! Amazing....can't do that ANYWHERE at WDW. We also booked at the 7 month window with no issues.....we own at VWL and SSR....and looking forward to our next trip west probably either January 2015 or possibly May 2015. Be prepared for many similarities and many differences......that's the best way I can describe.....don't know if you eat out every meal or order groceries, however, we ordered groceries from Von's and had great service. Check out their website....I believe they have a coupon code for free delivery on your first order. They will deliver to Bell Services for you if there is no alcohol in the order, however, if you order any alcohol you will need to be there to receive the groceries. One last thing......make sure you get to Radiator Springs Racers first thing in the morning on an early entry day.....it's awesome, but, you will wait in line ....even on early entry days...it's a piece of cake to get there first......just walk out the back door of your hotel and a short stroll thru California Adventure!!!

Checkers......just wanted to wish you a great trip in a few weeks. You're going to love DL! We're WDW veterans and just had our first trip "west" to VGC this past January. You will absolutely love VGC......we had a 1 bdrm lockoff on 3rd floor directly above Paradise Pier.....it was awesome. We just loved, loved, loved the fact that we could be just about anywhere in either park and get back to our room within about 10 minutes time. An example.....we did World of Color one night....in a great viewing area (we could also see it from our room and balcony....but, not full front view so wanted to get right in front at the park) and we were back in our room within 10 minutes of WOC ending! Amazing....can't do that ANYWHERE at WDW. We also booked at the 7 month window with no issues.....we own at VWL and SSR....and looking forward to our next trip west probably either January 2015 or possibly May 2015. Be prepared for many similarities and many differences......that's the best way I can describe.....don't know if you eat out every meal or order groceries, however, we ordered groceries from Von's and had great service.
Check out their website....I believe they have a coupon code for free delivery on your first order. They will deliver to Bell Services for you if there is no alcohol in the order, however, if you order any alcohol you will need to be there to receive the groceries. One last thing......make sure you get to Radiator Springs Racers first thing in the morning on an early entry day.....it's awesome, but, you will wait in line ....even on early entry days...it's a piece of cake to get there first......just walk out the back door of your hotel and a short stroll thru California Adventure!!!

:)Thanks, Donna! I have signed up for a grocery order from Von's but didn't know about alcohol delivery. Shouldn't be a problem as I will be arriving around noon. Thanks for all the info. I'm hoping to get a room that gives us a good view of WOC (thanks nosuch & hydroguy for room info). Must start packing and keeping my fingers crossed that the good weather they are having now continues!

Just wanted to say we checked in yesterday, the room request list definitely worked! We got 4500, third on our list for 2 bedrooms, and the WOC view is unbelievable! Thanks for all the advice nonsuch!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say we checked in yesterday, the room request list definitely worked! We got 4500, third on our list for 2 bedrooms, and the WOC view is unbelievable! Thanks for all the advice nonsuch!!!!!!!

That's great! We will be arriving in 2 wks. (2br) and that room was third on my list, too. Really want a WOC view so keeping my fingers crossed we will have the same luck. Have a great time and check in from time to time giving us weather/crowd updates (but only if you have time)!

Btw, what time did you check in and was your room ready? Thanks for thinking of us.

We are 60 days out from our GCV and Aulani trip! Cannot wait to try both! I apologize as I'm sure this info is somewhere in this thread... I noticed a few of the more recent posts have mentioned a WOC view. Is there a chart or list somewhere that would show 1BR room numbers that would have a possible WOC view? I haven't made any room requests, so I may be too late. But thought I'd give it a shot if there are rooms where you can see WOC. Thanks for your assistance! We are so excited!!!

We are 60 days out from our GCV and Aulani trip! Cannot wait to try both! I apologize as I'm sure this info is somewhere in this thread... I noticed a few of the more recent posts have mentioned a WOC view. Is there a chart or list somewhere that would show 1BR room numbers that would have a possible WOC view? I haven't made any room requests, so I may be too late. But thought I'd give it a shot if there are rooms where you can see WOC. Thanks for your assistance! We are so excited!!!

I called the hotel directly and asked the guy which rooms had the best view and he made sure I got one of those. We could not have been happier. Try it!

Crud, Easter and Good Friday will fall during next year's spring break. Maybe we'll have to go the 2nd week of June instead. Would that be hard to book too?.

We will be at VGC from 6/6-6/14 and it wasn't hard for us to book our studio at the 7 month mark (we are BLT and SSR owners going to DLR for the first time :cheer2:). Just remember to be up bright and early to book online right when your 7 month mark opens up. We were able to secure 7 nights and then I was able to call a few days later to secure one more night (I got up bright and early again to call MS). Just an FYI--after I booked my stay, I happened to go back into online booking and noticed that there were only a few days opened during our stay. I have read that the studios book up first before the other villa types. Good luck getting what you want :goodvibes.

For a WoC view this is what I requested. I Emailed the request to Member Services and was sure to be super polite and to note that I understood that requests cannot always be granted.

My 1BR request in order of preference: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508, 3502, 2522, 2508, 2502.

We got 6502 which was amazing!!

...Is there a chart or list somewhere that would show 1BR room numbers that would have a possible WOC view? I haven't made any room requests, so I may be too late.
Links to the VGC floorplan are in my signature :goodvibes
It's not too late to make a request. The highest priority seems to go to the earliest reservations, but making a request in advance is certainly better than requesting a view while checking in.

My 1BR request in order of preference: 6502, 5508, 4508, 5502, 4502, 3508, 3502, 2522, 2508, 2502.
These are all the 1 bedroom villas that face Paradise Pier and WOC. The second floor rooms will have a rather limited view.

runmommyrun said:

Be sure to see WOC in the park too, it is amazing. It is fun to see from your room too.

So I checked my account hoping a December wait list had come through, and it hadn't. However, a wait list for June 2 that I had forgotten about had come through, and my friend can't join me on that date so I'm going to be cancelling it. Just in case anybody was looking for June 2 in a studio, I thought I'd post here (its a Sunday, 20 points). Sigh. A little longer that we won't be visiting my home park. Really hope that my December wait list comes through!

If anybody wants to coordinate my cancelling/you getting that night, PM me. :thumbsup2

Thanks to all! Put in room requests with MS. We will see if it comes through. We are so looking forward to trying DL and Aulani. It is a huge trip for us. Your help is appreciated!

Just got through all 144 pages of this thread. All I can say is AWESOME! So much information! We're staying at the VGC for at least a week in June - a little more than two months away. I've learned so much from this thread. Many mahalos to Nonsuch for all the graphics and maps. Made planning so easy! We're hoping for one of the WOC studio villas. Had to book at 7 months (own Aulani). It was a bit of a struggle but our last wait listed day came through yesterday!

Anywho, I have a couple questions: does the laundry room (we're in a studio) have laundry soap dispensers? If so, does it take tokens or quarters?

We'll be checking in after a couple nights at Universal. I want to make sure we have clean clothes for our days in the park.

Mahalo to all who have contributed to this thread. Wish we were VGC owners but I can't complain about Aulani. Especially with it being just a 10 minute drive away. :0)

That's great! We will be arriving in 2 wks. (2br) and that room was third on my list, too. Really want a WOC view so keeping my fingers crossed we will have the same luck. Have a great time and check in from time to time giving us weather/crowd updates (but only if you have time)!

Btw, what time did you check in and was your room ready? Thanks for thinking of us.

Sorry for the delay, we got busy! Temps have been on the cool side, today is really nice tho. Crowds at DL have been crazy bad by 10:30ish, but early morning you can pretty much knock out what you need to. CA wasnt nearly as busy on Easter.

Reminder to all swing by the preview center if you can, we got 12 super fast passes! Not sure if its standard, but asking can't hurt....

Lots of rides going down a lot, RSR was late opening our first day by 45 min, this afternoon we're chilling a bit on the balcony and Goofy has gone down at least twice mid ride, we've watched them get people out of the cars on the top, yikes! Matterhorn and pirates up and down a bit too.

Having a blast overall!!! :)

Oops, missed the last - we checked in at 10 am, room ready around 1:30. As other posters have mentioned, you can see your room number on the form you sign :)

Just got through all 144 pages of this thread. All I can say is AWESOME! So much information!
If you are bored, go back and read the original 235 page superthread :goodvibes

...does the laundry room (we're in a studio) have laundry soap dispensers? If so, does it take tokens or quarters?

The answer was recently posted to the Grand California Superthread:
...I just returned from a stay at the GCH and used the main laundry facilities twice. Very clean and well maintained. The token machine takes bills, and the cost is $1 per token. The washers are 2 tokens per load and the cycle takes about 40 minutes, and the dryers are also 2 tokens per load and the cycle takes about 45 minutes. There is also a detergent/dryer sheet dispenser and I think they are 1 token per product.
Studio Villa guests receive free tokens from guest services :thumbsup2

Mahalo Nonsuch! I appreciate your response. That has definitely answered my questions.

I'll be reading up on the older thread at some point but it just makes me want to buy VGC! And we haven't even owned at Aulani a year yet. I need to pace myself (and our disposable income).

Nonsuch said:

Thanks for that bit of info!! I was wondering if the Villa's had a separate laundry area or if there was just one. (I know the studio's are the only one's that don't have washer/dryeres in the rooms) I'm not sure if I will do laundry while I'm there, but it's good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter