The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not find the GCV banner to put with my signature. Would anyone share the link with me, please? Thanks!!

Find one in someone else's signature that you like and right click to copy, then go to your signature and paste it in.

I got the 100 point purchase discount, plus an additional something for the 125. It was so long ago that I told him to go ahead and find the points I don't remember the details...I'm just happy that I've got the points! Now I need more! :rotfl:

Congrats Alison on your add-on! I agree, never enough points!

This will just going to get worst as VGC is the only DVC resort in the west coast, all the popular dates will be hard to get even on the 11 month mark. Most of the people would perfer to stay on the weekend, even with higher point requirement, there are only 50 villas there aand there are 1000s of us who are aftering them.
I really hope they will build more DVC villas in DLR.

And I am so glad that most locals want to stay on a weekend. I fly in to visit my son and spend the weekend with him and the weekdays at DL, so booking the weekdays works so well for me. :thumbsup2

And I am so glad that most locals want to stay on a weekend. I fly in to visit my son and spend the weekend with him and the weekdays at DL, so booking the weekdays works so well for me. :thumbsup2
I also prefer weekdays, both for lower points and smaller crowds. The weekday rates might have been too low, since the rates are going up 2011.

Well, I am like Alison (congrats, by the way!:thumbsup2) and am local so stay mostly on weekends. I usually stay Sat/Sun night and go to work around noon on Monday directly from the villas. That way for two nights I use one weekend rate and one weekday rate. Works for me. I am glad the points are restructured a bit for 2011 because it does help me out. :)

While the restructuring of the points hurts me. We go for a weekday trip of four to five days in Oct. It will require 15 more points than the same visit we will have this Oct. Oh well, what can you do?

Staying at VGCnow in a studio. Here's a shot of WOC from our balcony!

5039746423_bf9ae4496a_z.jpg

Having a fabulous time.

5039746423_bf9ae4496a_z.jpg

Having a fabulous time.

Great shot. Yes, please post the room number. DH and I have a studio booked for Feb and we have always stayed in a one bedroom. I am curious about the views the studios have.

We tried emailing our guide to let her know we'd be back in DL in 9 days and were going to visit her but our email bounced back so we rang DVC only to be told that our guide is no longer there and we should have been assigned a new guide but weren't :headache:

Well we were put on hold until she could find us a new guide and we are now being looked after by Dave Ferguson :thumbsup2

So anyway, this all has left us with a huge bout of add-on-itus and I was wondering if we decided to finance an add-on through Disney to we have to pay another 10% deposit on the add-on?

Thanks for your help :lovestruc

When you get back tell us what room you are in! That's a pretty good view!

Great shot. Yes, please post the room number. DH and I have a studio booked for Feb and we have always stayed in a one bedroom. I am curious about the views the studios have.

3rd vote for posting the room number after your return (and you could even throw in a few more pics ;))! We have a studio booked for our very 1st trip to Disneyland in May and this looks like a fabulous view. I know some people have been bothered by WOC noise - how is it from this room?
Love hearing everybody's stories and especially looking at your pics - keep them coming!

We tried emailing our guide to let her know we'd be back in DL in 9 days and were going to visit her but our email bounced back so we rang DVC only to be told that our guide is no longer there and we should have been assigned a new guide but weren't :headache:

Well we were put on hold until she could find us a new guide and we are now being looked after by Dave Ferguson :thumbsup2

So anyway, this all has left us with a huge bout of add-on-itus and I was wondering if we decided to finance an add-on through Disney to we have to pay another 10% deposit on the add-on?

Thanks for your help :lovestruc

I don't have my numbers handy, but I know when we did our add-on finance through Disney in May we had to pay a deposit/down-payment. I just don't remember if it was an even dollar amount ($500 for example) or 10%.

Having a fabulous time.

Wow, what a fabulous view. Yes, please let us know which villa this is. I miss my home resort. 4 weeks from tonight until my next stay and Mickey's Halloween Party at DL. :) Enjoy the rest of your vacation, gkrykewy.:thumbsup2

3rd vote for posting the room number after your return (and you could even throw in a few more pics ;))! We have a studio booked for our very 1st trip to Disneyland in May and this looks like a fabulous view. I know some people have been bothered by WOC noise - how is it from this room?
Love hearing everybody's stories and especially looking at your pics - keep them coming!

I'm guessing it's an 04 room, perhaps on the third floor, maybe fourth.

What are the amenities that VGC members cant avail ? I mean are all hotel amenities and services available to VGC members that other guests can avail of ? I know housekeeping is every 3rd or 4th day . Wha are the other services VGC guests dont get ?

We were at GCH recently and took the DVC tour.Couldn't spend much time with our guide and ask as many questions since we wanted to get back to the park. I am on the fence about it.Pls help me decide. What are the advantages / disadvantages ? What are the normal hotel amenities that DVC members cant avail of ? We are a family of 3 ( DH me and DS 3.5 yrs )
What made you decide to buy in ?

What made you decide to buy in ?
We bought in because the one-bedroom has an optimal configuration: King bed, 2 full baths, kitchen, and lots of space. This is better than a one-bedroom suite in the hotel, which only has one bath and no kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter