The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
i choose DP as my incentive and have used them already if it were not for that I would definately being trying to do something about the new pricing. but I donbt know what would happen in this case with used incentive points.

We also choose DP and have them booked, but not used....but have booked air for the trip also.
I guess we are out of luck :( Guess it isn't always wise to be fast ;)

When I last contacted me guide earlier in the week, he told me that it would be too late to get a refund to benefit from the most recent incentives b/c my contract was listed as "ready to close" status, so he couldn't change it. Maybe I will e-mail him one more time with this information to see what he can find out for me. Thanks for sharing all these new details.

Now I just got off the phone with QA, since I got an automated e-mail from my guide that he is on vacation until Wednesday, and they claimed that the final report has come in already, "and all those contracts have closed." I'll see if my guide has anything different to tell me next week, but it doesn't look hopeful.

Now I just got off the phone with QA, since I got an automated e-mail from my guide that he is on vacation until Wednesday, and they claimed that the final report has come in already, "and all those contracts have closed." I'll see if my guide has anything different to tell me next week, but it doesn't look hopeful.

If you look at your paperwork, specifically the - Amendment to Purchase Agreement, Section B - Additional Conditions to Close of Escrow, Line 3 states - Escrow will not close funds will not be released from escrow and the interest contracted for will not be conveyed until a current Final Public Report for the Resort is furnished to Purchaser.

You and I are the purchaser & we haven't signed off on a current final public report.

If you look at your paperwork, specifically the - Amendment to Purchase Agreement, Section B - Additional Conditions to Close of Escrow, Line 3 states - Escrow will not close funds will not be released from escrow and the interest contracted for will not be conveyed until a current Final Public Report for the Resort is furnished to Purchaser.

You and I are the purchaser & we haven't signed off on a current final public report.

Yep - this one is spelled out. The one and only thing that could override is if there aren't any changes from the preliminary report to the final. If I remember correctly there is some provision that may not allow cancelling in that case....but purchasers still have to receive a copy of the final and sign a receipt for it.

The DVC member site now shows our loan and dues info with our first payment starting in August. Looks like it's too late for any changes. :sad2:

The DVC member site now shows our loan and dues info with our first payment starting in August. Looks like it's too late for any changes. :sad2:
Same here..my contracts are finally closed and official..(and owned on :))

We're adding 100 points at VGC right now! Yay! We were at DL this week and decided to add on with the wonderful discount. These are the cheapest points we've been able to get.

YAY!

Same here..my contracts are finally closed and official..(and owned on :))

Our contracts had our payment starting in April so the info at least answered my question as to whether my checking account was going to get hit with Apr - June payments all at once. :rolleyes:

Nice cheap dues for 2009!

We're adding 100 points at VGC right now! Yay! We were at DL this week and decided to add on with the wonderful discount. These are the cheapest points we've been able to get.

YAY!

Welcome to the VGC group! Enjoy your new home!

I booked my first VGC stay a couple of hours ago - NOT using VGC points! :laughing: I'm planning on using those next May at WDW!!! Do I have it backwards or what?!?!?

Actually, my VGC points are Apr. UY so I don't have those points until 2010. I did have some other 2009 Oct UY points so I used those up and borrowed a few 2010 to spend 3 nights in a studio in Oct. Have to get some more use out of my annual pass I bought in Feb!

When we first bought I really expected to always be banking and wondered how I'd use up all the points. Now, in the first year I've not only used up current points and DP's but I'm borrowing - even after a couple of add-on's! :scared1:

When we first bought I really expected to always be banking and wondered how I'd use up all the points. Now, in the first year I've not only used up current points and DP's but I'm borrowing - even after a couple of add-on's! :scared1:
Sounds like us. It doesn't seem to matter how many points we have we're always borrowing.

We are waiting on our paper work for 130 points!!:cool1: I am hoping to book our first trip for June 2010. I hope we will have a memeber number to be able to book the week we need, as we do not have any paper work yet and the 11 month window is in less than 2 weeks.

We are waiting on our paper work for 130 points!!:cool1: I am hoping to book our first trip for June 2010. I hope we will have a memeber number to be able to book the week we need, as we do not have any paper work yet and the 11 month window is in less than 2 weeks.

They send the paperwork fed ex so you should get it this week, if you don't for some reason as long as they have your deposit you will be able to book just call your guide or MS and they will be able to get your member number for you. I did an add on over the phone on Thursday and 2 hours later the points were in my account. I still have to sign the paperwork and send it back but I have the points already.

Thanks! That makes me feel like there is a chance we can try for some nights next June!!:)

My Dues page on DVCMember.com doesn't say the VGC contract's financial information isn't available anymore so I assume that means I've closed as well.

However, I still do NOT have any dues appearing for my VGC or BLT, the only two properties I own at. Anyone else with only those two resorts have dues show up yet? I'd really love to know when they will come out from my checking account and for exactly how much so I can make sure I have enough in there... (I keep most of my $ in savings at that bank!)

When we bought VGC, we were told it would not be until after they opened. I would assume this would mean either October or November then for VGC.

I know GCV hasn't opened yet, but do you anticipate it being difficult to get 3-4 nights in July or August in a year or 2 at the 7 month window? I know it won't have many rooms which is why I ask.

TIA

My Dues page on DVCMember.com doesn't say the VGC contract's financial information isn't available anymore so I assume that means I've closed as well.

However, I still do NOT have any dues appearing for my VGC or BLT, the only two properties I own at. Anyone else with only those two resorts have dues show up yet? I'd really love to know when they will come out from my checking account and for exactly how much so I can make sure I have enough in there... (I keep most of my $ in savings at that bank!)

Just for info...my dues statement for VGC doesn't show up yet, but the charge of $60.30 for our 180 points does. By the amount I'd say the charge is based on the Nov 30th original opening date so it should be due in Dec. You will receive a statement in the mail with the amount and due date prior to MS deducting it from your account. Hope that helps.

We have an Apr. UY for VGC so I won't be seeing anything until next year for dues there but we do also have BLT and AKV Kidani. Kidani was an add-on and our pro-rated dues showed up immediately as did the BLT. But it seems that is not what has happened with all members. With Kidani, for the ones that didn't see dues immediately, they showed up on-line around the time that statements were sent out so I imagine the same will happen with BLT and VGC. You should have at least a month of forewarning before they collect. With Kidani, the resort opened May 1st and dues were payable June 15th.

I know GCV hasn't opened yet, but do you anticipate it being difficult to get 3-4 nights in July or August in a year or 2 at the 7 month window? I know it won't have many rooms which is why I ask.

TIA

Most expect it will be very difficult. Personally I think it's a bit up in the air - most DL visitors don't plan that far in advance so it will be interesting to see if they start more pre-planning or not. If they don't then other DVC owners coming in may take up all the inventory. I do think they will learn to book early even if they don't at the start so eventually it will be hard to get at 7 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter