The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
anyone who loves RIV should buy it - I don't think that's up for debate.

but I also think a "flood" of unrestricted VGF2 points cuts into future RIV sales too.

except for occasional short lived incentives, RIV has been the only game in town if you didn't want to pay the sold-out premium. i would never have bought at RIV bc of the restrictions, but i was pursuaded to buy VGF2, and i don't think i'm alone in that respect.

You are not alone…but, they have been selling a nice number of points there so many were the opposite and bought in spite of them.

VGF going back into active sales for new buyers will be a new test and give us real info to discuss in terms of it all.

That is what I am looking forward to seeing in a few months. Will new buyers, now there is a choice, pay slightly more for VGF with 6 years less or go for RIV in the same way as they have before?

Do the VGF sales simply increase total sales or do they actually take away from RIV sales? Lots of good discussions ahead!

Just added on 85 points direct over the phone. Waiting for the second phone call from DVC. They said they are a little backed up and might get to me either today or tomorrow.

Good Investment or bad? Compared to most timeshares, DVC seems to hold its value more so than other vehicles despite the so called depreciation. The main investment when it comes to Disney is Family and the value of sharing the magic together. I know this sounds sentimental but choosing the variety of resorts with different experiences in different locales, near (MK, Epcot, etc.) or far (Paris, Tokyo, DCL, etc.) provides experiences that are well worth the "investment". As a newbie, the fact that I can resell my points for a reasonable sum 10 to 20 years down the line when my son is grown just makes it that much sweeter!!!

Good Investment or bad? Compared to most timeshares, DVC seems to hold its value more so than other vehicles despite the so called depreciation. The main investment when it comes to Disney is Family and the value of sharing the magic together. I know this sounds sentimental but choosing the variety of resorts with different experiences in different locales, near (MK, Epcot, etc.) or far (Paris, Tokyo, DCL, etc.) provides experiences that are well worth the "investment". As a newbie, the fact that I can resell my points for a reasonable sum 10 to 20 years down the line when my son is grown just makes it that much sweeter!!!
Bang on. Time is a currency and we must spend it wisely. The value of DVC is in its experiences and happiness it creates. Anything on top of that is an excellent bonus.

i mean, it's a bit of an echo chamber in here, but i think it's a great investment for a timeshare, possibly better than sitting in cash, but you're not gonna retire off it (obviously).

DCL and disney destinations etc are a poor use of points. they could be decent options in an emergency where you have points to burn, but normally you would do much better renting your points out.

I just did the virtual notary and it was a breeze. I think DVC is making it way too easy to buy LOL
I’m still waiting on that phone call. Bought them yesterday and waiting on pretty much everything. No movement since they took my credit card number.

I’m still waiting on that phone call. Bought them yesterday and waiting on pretty much everything. No movement since they took my credit card number.
I’m glad to hear that I’m not alone in this!! I actually bought on 3/30, but there was a cc hiccup that delayed progress until 3/31… and even though I was told it would be processed “asap”- it’s been crickets ever since 🙄

I’m glad to hear that I’m not alone in this!! I actually bought on 3/30, but there was a cc hiccup that delayed progress until 3/31… and even though I was told it would be processed “asap”- it’s been crickets ever since 🙄
Our guide told us that QA team is understaffed but doing everything they can but it is going to take a few days longer than normal, particularly with what sounds like a huge influx of purchases by new members on 3/31. He said while they typically call you next day, it might be best to call them and try to speak to them or even leave a message. We got a callback a few hours after leaving a message on Friday to start the contract amendment when I discovered they left the title insurance on.

Our guide told us that QA team is understaffed but doing everything they can but it is going to take a few days longer than normal, particularly with what sounds like a huge influx of purchases by new members on 3/31. He said while they typically call you next day, it might be best to call them and try to speak to them or even leave a message. We got a callback a few hours after leaving a message on Friday to start the contract amendment when I discovered they left the title insurance on.
Also, they are working from home.

Who did you call? Was it someone other than your guide?

Who did you call? Was it someone other than your guide?
It was the quality assurance group’s phone number you would get from your guide. They will normally call you (based on what my guide said), but these days reaching out to them can help get a response faster given that they are behind with all the new volume and understaffing. I’m basing this off very limited experience as this is our first purchase, other veterans may know more and be able to add some color.

It was the quality assurance group’s phone number you would get from your guide. They will normally call you (based on what my guide said), but these days reaching out to them can help get a response faster given that they are behind with all the new volume and understaffing. I’m basing this off very limited experience as this is our first purchase, other veterans may know more and be able to add some color.
The is actually my 2nd direct purchase. Our first one was in 2017 & was lightning fast!! But I’ve never heard of the QA group… hmmm…

Maybe I got the confusion ball rolling when I replied to a statement about waiting for a call. The more I think of it, they were responding to someone who talked about needing a notary. I think a notary is only needed in financed (or international) purchases. Does the QA group have to do with financing too?? Sorry- I don’t know. We chose to pay “cash” (using a credit card for the perks, of course).

The is actually my 2nd direct purchase. Our first one was in 2017 & was lightning fast!! But I’ve never heard of the QA group… hmmm…

Maybe I got the confusion ball rolling when I replied to a statement about waiting for a call. The more I think of it, they were responding to someone who talked about needing a notary. I think a notary is only needed in financed (or international) purchases. Does the QA group have to do with financing too?? Sorry- I don’t know. We chose to pay “cash” (using a credit card for the perks, of course).
Near as I can tell the QA folks are the paperwork people. I paid cash but called them twice, first when I had questions about the numbers in the contract - the whole developers credit thing confused the heck out of me & during that call it turns out they also had a typo in my son’s email address so his papers had bounced back & we got that corrected. The second time was when they wanted my son to notarize his identity because his DL had his middle name & his name in our membership did not - they decided he didn’t need to do that.

Quality Assurance are the ones who actually send the Docusigns and assist you with the contracts. Their number is actually on the Docusign emails as well, at the very bottom. Nothing necessarily to do with financing as we are cash only as well.

Quality Assurance are the ones who actually send the Docusigns and assist you with the contracts. Their number is actually on the Docusign emails as well, at the very bottom. Nothing necessarily to do with financing as we are cash only as well.
Gotcha!! Last time, I’m pretty sure we were given the points right away, and the paperwork showed up in the mail a few days later ?!? So, the DocuSign process feels new to me… but maybe I’m just forgetting 😂

I haven’t gotten any paperwork or emails from anyone but my guide yet. 🙄

Never got a call from QA. Bought add-on in early March with first "crush". Maybe they don't call DVC "vets". We've been members since 1999.

We made our first add on purchase in March and I only talked to QA because we had a question regarding the first payment amount and not receiving an email for the military discount. We made the appointment online for the virtual notary when we received our documents to sign. If we had not had any questions we would not have needed to talk to QA.

My guide called yesterday morning and explained that part of the issue (for us) was that the extra discount hadn’t loaded properly on the contract, and so he had to prove that I’d spoken to him prior to the initial incentives expiring (thank goodness I had emailed a few times with details!).

I never got a phone call from QA (agree that it must be for first-timers), but got the DocuSign email yesterday while we were on the phone, and points were loaded before we even had a chance to sign!! That’s more like it ☺️😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter