• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Unofficial Golf at Disney FAQ Thread

deej696

They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime,
Since we have a new golf thread just about every day, I figured I would put together some information to help serve as a one stop shop for any questions, reviews, etc. on all things related to golf at Disney. Enjoy, and hit ‘em straight.:thumbsup2

The Walt Disney World resort is home to four championship golf courses; Magnolia, Palm, Lake Buena Vista, and Osprey Ridge, as well as Oak Trail a nine hole executive style course.

Tee Times

Tee times are required and WDW resort guests can book 90 days in advance online at www.disneygolf.com or by calling 407-WDW-GOLF. For those last minute rounds after arrival at WDW, your resort concierge can also assist with booking tee times. Tee times for non-resort guests can be reserved 60 days in advance.

Green Fees

Rates valid thru October 4th, 2010

All Disney courses now have the same rate, but rates vary depending on day of week and time of day played. Rates are as follows:

Resort Guest Monday-Friday - $89 Saturday/Sunday - $99
Day Guest Monday - Friday - $104 Saturday/Sunday $114
Twilight (After 3pm)Monday - Friday - $59 Saturday/Sunday - $69

Oak Trail: Adults - $38, Juniors - $20 (17 and under)

9 Hole Lake Buena Vista Rate (Before 11am) $55

Disney's "Two Round Pass"

Resort Guest- $145
Day Guest - $180

* Rates include required cart rental.
* Oak Trail is walking only.

Summer Price Slice is available through October 4th, 2010 for all tee times between 10am-3pm. Green fee is $59 and includes cart and range balls.

Equipment Rental

Men’s Clubs (Titleist or Cobra) - $55
Women’s Clubs (Cobra) - $55
Junior Clubs – No Charge
Shoe Rental - $10 per pair
Range Balls - $7 per bucket
Partial Set of Clubs - $15*
Pull Carts - $6*

*Oak Trail only.

Course Information

Magnolia and Palm

Two of the original courses at WDW, Magnolia and its neighbor Palm play host to the PGA tour ever fall. At nearly 7200 yards from the blue tees, Magnolia is also the longest course at WDW. Try to stay out of the signature “Mickey head” bunker on #6.
O-WADM-2.JPG

While it’s not as long as Magnolia, the Palm is equally challenging and both courses offer beautiful scenery often in the form of creeks, ponds, and strategically placed bunkers. Keep it straight off the tee, or you may find yourself spending much of the day looking for balls in a swamp.

Lake Buena Vista

Formerly part of the annual PGA tour stop, Lake Buena Vista offers a challenging round, while winding through Disney’s Saratoga Springs and Old Key West resorts. LBV is the shortest course at WDW, and some would argue it’s also the easiest. While its enjoyable playing throughout the resorts, the downside is that balconies are out of bounds.

Osprey Ridge

Designed by Tom Fazio, Osprey Ridge offers perhaps the most picturesque round of golf at WDW. As is often the case with great courses, beauty also translates into added difficulty, and Osprey Ridge is certainly no exception.

Oak Trail

Perfect for families and golfers of all skill levels, Oak Trail is a par 36 nine hole course adjacent to Magnolia. Oak Trail is great for someone looking to squeeze in a few holes without committing the full day to a round of golf. Walking is required at Oak Trail, and pull carts are available for rent.

Transportation

Transportation is provided at no charge (via taxi) to and from WDW resorts for guests playing at any of the Disney courses. Simply visit the valet desk or bell services for assistance with a taxi.

Food Options at Course

The Sand Trap Grill at Osprey Ridge is available for after round beverages, and offers a full menu for breakfast and lunch also. There is also a snack bar at the turn on the Magnolia course. While on the course, sandwiches, hot dogs, snacks, and beverages are available at various times during your round.

Discounts and Memberships

Annual Pass holders receive a 30% discount for up to 4 people.

Florida Resident and DVC Golf Membership - Florida Residents and DVC members may purchase a golf membership discount card for $50 plus tax, valid for one year from purchase date. The membership entitles the member and up to 3 guests discounted rates on one round of golf per day. The discounted rates range from $39-$109, depending on what time of day and season you are playing.

Lessons

Lessons are available from the Disney golf staff at a rate of $75 for adults and $50 for juniors 17 and under. Lessons are 45 minutes and advance reservations are required.

If anyone has info that I may have missed or that is helpful, please feel free to add on.:thumbsup2

Great thread. My DS16 and DH will be golfing at Disney for the first time in June. Not golfing for the first but golf at Disney for the first time. They will play the Oak Trail and one other. My DS wants Magnolia and hubby wants LBV since we are staying at OKW. I'll pass your information on to them. We still have a while before we can make tee times.

Well they cant go wrong with either course, as they are both great. Hope they enjoy their round:thumbsup2

O-WADM-2.JPG

LOL......I remember that Par 3. My tee shot went into Mickey's right ear! :earsboy:

for the taxi, it is important to note that the voucher given for the ride includes gratuity.

Where is the Oak Trail course located? Can you use the AP discount at the Oak Trail course? I thought I read that you could not, but when I talked to a reservationist she said if I called within 2 weeks of my tee time that I could use the discount. I am confused.

for the taxi, it is important to note that the voucher given for the ride includes gratuity.

Excellent point! Thanks for adding:)

Where is the Oak Trail course located? Can you use the AP discount at the Oak Trail course? I thought I read that you could not, but when I talked to a reservationist she said if I called within 2 weeks of my tee time that I could use the discount. I am confused.

Oak trail is located at Shades of Green which is also where Palm/magnolia are located. I don't see anything that says Oak Trail is excluded from AP discount, but the 14 day booking window is correct. The discount only applies to the full day rate, not the twilight rate etc. I will say that I have forgotten to say I was ap and just told the cm when I showed up and got the discount no problem.

Do Disney have Cast members who teach people to play from the very basics?

I'll be a cast member myself from July and while i'm at WDW, I'd like to learn to play, especially as we get it at a heavily discounted rate

Do Disney have Cast members who teach people to play from the very basics?

I'll be a cast member myself from July and while i'm at WDW, I'd like to learn to play, especially as we get it at a heavily discounted rate

Yes lessons are available from the golf staff for $75 adults, $50 for juniors 17 and under. Lessons last 45 minutes and appointments are required. My guess is there would be some sort of CM discount for this. To book an appointment, contact the master starter at 407-WDW-GOLF:thumbsup2

Thank You so much.

It's something i really want to do there and if the price is cheap enough that i can afford to do it then i will.

Jotted the details down in my Disney cast member notebook :thumbsup2

Since Disney added golf to the fun and what ever add on.....Oak Trail is over run! It is a short 9 hole walking only course that could be nice, but is now getting "play" by many who have no idea how to play. We played in January and my DH and DS, both single digit handicaps, could drive many of the par 4's. My DH and DS really like the Osprey Ridge and LBV. They say the Palms and Magnolia get lots of play-just more well known.

Since Disney added golf to the fun and what ever add on.....Oak Trail is over run! It is a short 9 hole walking only course that could be nice, but is now getting "play" by many who have no idea how to play. We played in January and my DH and DS, both single digit handicaps, could drive many of the par 4's. My DH and DS really like the Osprey Ridge and LBV. They say the Palms and Magnolia get lots of play-just more well known.

Interesting to hear the feedback on Oak Trail. I'm not suprised it is getting a lot more play now with it being added to the tickets. It was definitely under utilized before, so on the one hand I'm glad its getting used, but not if it comes at the expense of the quality of the course. I've only played it once, and that was enough for me for the same reasons as your family, as I'm a 4 handicap. All of the Disney courses get a LOT of play, but the main 4 are clearly better maintained than Oak Trail..

Can the extras on the older plus tickets be used for free admission on the Oak Trail Walking Course? We are going in June and have old tickets that we haven't used the plus options on. Thanks. Debby

Not sure on that one. Being that Oak Trail was not part of that ticket at the time, I'm thinking probably not.

Also, I saw your question on another thread about which course has the least water off the tee. I've played all the courses many times, and I cant think of any one course that stands out as having less water by the tee, especially the forward tees. If I had to guess, I would probably say LBV has the least amount of water overall. Magnolia and Palm have several holes where water comes into place off the tee, but the placement of the forward tees may mean you dont have to carry over water...

I've played them all (even Eagle Pines). It's funny. I think my best scores are on Osprey Ridge, but I've never played Magnolia well. I always think that OR is n't as narrow or punative.

Thats funny, my low score is also on Osprey, and its the one I think is the hardest. For a while there, my low score at Disney was the same at all 4 courses. I must have had a mental block about going any lower or something;)

Speaking of Osprey, has anyone played there in the last few months? Curious how the constuction of the Four Seasons is impacting the course....

Hi...

I'm looking to play golf at Disney when we go in April and I'm wondering which course is best. I'm a fair player...about at 14 handicap. Looking to play 18 holes at either Palm or LBV? But do you think that paying the extra $20 to play Magnolia or Osprey Ridge is worth it?

Also, would you take your clubs with you or rent? I'm flying with United....Bring my clubs is an option but I'm just wondering which is cheapest.....

Thanks!
H

Subscribing

DH loved the fact that he could get in a quick game at Oaktrail instead of going to BB with us (and we didn't have to hear him complain about being cold all day :thumbsup2 )

The course was definitely not over-run while we were there. We had no problem changing tee times the week before President's Day. We never thought about him bringing golf balls, so he had to buy some.

The only problem was with the taxi service. The first driver took him to the wrong course. He had to give the second driver directions (which he got from the first golf course) So...even if you are taking a taxi from your resort, it is best to know how to get there yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter