• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The unit # in your deed...

Thank you for that. It was very helpful and helped me navigate a bit more. I am looking at foreclosures, and they only list the ownership as a particular percentage of a unit with no reference to the amount of points. Have you ever looked into this with foreclosures/auctions? It's a headache for sure.
You should be able to look up other deeds based on the unit number. Most deeds list the number of points.

Thank you for that. It was very helpful and helped me navigate a bit more. I am looking at foreclosures, and they only list the ownership as a particular percentage of a unit with no reference to the amount of points. Have you ever looked into this with foreclosures/auctions? It's a headache for sure.
Yes, I am familiar with what you are trying to do. The legal description of a DVC deed undergoing foreclosure will show the percentage of real estate interest in a Residential Unit number, but not the underlying points. So, it might show "0.8147% real estate interest in Bay Lake Tower Unit 19A" and you have to figure out the number of points.

To find the number of points, the best thing to do is to find the owner's original deed by searching the Orange County Comptroller's website (see http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp). The original deed will show the number of points for that deed. Enter the owner's name in the Grantee field and search for Record type = Deed (there is a pull down list of record types on the right side of the search screen). If the owner's name is common, then you might get many hits. You can limit the search by entering Disney in the Grantor field. If, however, the owner did not buy the deed direct from Disney, then you won't find the record you want.

You should be able to look up other deeds based on the unit number. Most deeds list the number of points.
Yes, I am familiar with what you are trying to do. The legal description of a DVC deed undergoing foreclosure will show the percentage of real estate interest in a Residential Unit number, but not the underlying points. So, it might show "0.8147% real estate interest in Bay Lake Tower Unit 19A" and you have to figure out the number of points.

To find the number of points, the best thing to do is to find the owner's original deed by searching the Orange County Comptroller's website (see http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp). The original deed will show the number of points for that deed. Enter the owner's name in the Grantee field and search for Record type = Deed (there is a pull down list of record types on the right side of the search screen). If the owner's name is common, then you might get many hits. You can limit the search by entering Disney in the Grantor field. If, however, the owner did not buy the deed direct from Disney, then you won't find the record you want.

Thank you to both for the information. I looked up the deed this morning, but did not scroll further than the percentage to look for the number of points. :\ Wow! Haha. Thanks again! I'm trying to decide if I want to go up against the big bad Mouse for some points. Hmmm...

Thanks for the input and help again!

OCC recently changed its methods and Unit is no longer part of the Legal description on the header record. Thus, the Unit field cannot be used as a search criteria for records filed after late February 2017.

Is there any way to see how many points are in the foreclosed contract for a particular UY? As in x for 2016, y for 2017, z for 2018, etc?

Is there any way to see how many points are in the foreclosed contract for a particular UY? As in x for 2016, y for 2017, z for 2018, etc?
Nope. Only Disney has that information.

On the one hand, someone who's entering foreclosure might try to rent out all their points to get some cash. But, on the other hand, they're likely to be so far behind on dues that their account gets locked down. So, I don't think you'll find a loaded contract, and you'll likely have some expiring points to deal with.

Ugh. I think I may just go the regular resale route after I read wdrl's tale of the person who bought an AKV foreclosure only to find out that it didn't have clear title on DVCNews. Sounds like a nightmare. Since there aren't a ton of savings, I don't think the risk is worth it. Thanks for all the help though. Interesting process for sure.

Ugh. I think I may just go the regular resale route after I read wdrl's tale of the person who bought an AKV foreclosure only to find out that it didn't have clear title on DVCNews. Sounds like a nightmare. Since there aren't a ton of savings, I don't think the risk is worth it. Thanks for all the help though. Interesting process for sure.
I'm confused. Wouldn't the foreclosure process clear the title?

I'm confused. Wouldn't the foreclosure process clear the title?

Only liens "junior" to the one foreclosed are wiped out. The most senior is the taxes since they're statutory. (They are imposed prior to the contract being signed.) Then, maintenance fees are part of the contract and thus "senior" to a bank loan. So if the bank forecloses, the outstanding maintenance fees and taxes would survive.

The one that I read about stated that the contract was quit claimed by the original owners to a trust, so they couldn't get clear title. Disney's company foreclosed on the individuals and not the trust, so the new owner didn't have clear title on the trust, and the court and Disney wouldn't go back and change it. Wdrl posted this in his comments of the article about foreclosures on DVC units. I'm sure he has some more insight into this than I do considering he was the one that found it. :)

The one that I read about stated that the contract was quit claimed by the original owners to a trust, so they couldn't get clear title. Disney's company foreclosed on the individuals and not the trust, so the new owner didn't have clear title on the trust, and the court and Disney wouldn't go back and change it. Wdrl posted this in his comments of the article about foreclosures on DVC units. I'm sure he has some more insight into this than I do considering he was the one that found it. :)
I think we'd call that a "clouded" title. Quit claims can wreak havoc. It sounds like they tried to transfer title with out outstanding lien, which wouldn't be legal. I've had to deal with that in the past, and it's difficult to unwind.

Since you asked. . .

The information is available from records filed by Disney Vacation Development with the Orange County Comptroller. Since they are public records, they can be viewed and downloaded free of charge from the OCC website. Each time DVD declares more Units for a DVC resort, it files a Condo Related document that contains floor plans of the phases being declared. Once you find the right Condo Related for the resort that you want, then you match up the floor plans with a good map of the resort.

There are multiple Condo Related documents for each resort. The first AKV declaration was in January 2007 and there have been 32 declarations since then. The 32nd Declaration was recorded on May 17, 2013. Usually, but not always, the last declaration contains a list showing the dates of the previous declarations and the Phases/Units that were declared in each. If I'm looking for Unit 106A, I check for the Declaration that contains Phase 106. I then search the OCC database for a Condo Related about the time that that Declaration was filed.

OKW is easy to identify the Unit because each Unit number corresponds to an OKW Building Number. AKV, BLT, and VGF and pretty easy for me to find the Units because the Condo Recordings are easy to read. Aulani is extremely easy because the Aulani Master Declaration has a complete listing of each Unit showing Villa numbers, floors, view category, and even Building (wing). I wish DVD would do that for every DVC resort!

BWV is one of the toughest resorts for me to deal with because I'm not familiar with the layout of the resort. There are so many twists and turns in BWV's layout that I'm never sure if I'm in the right hallway.

If you really want to play around with these condo related documents, I can give you some more detailed information about working with the databases. But for most people watching paint dry can be a lot more entertaining.
This is a super old thread, but I found it and it helped me look up my drawing on the OC Comptroller site. Thank you! It was super easy once you gave me the AKV declaration dates for an easy range to search!

Last edited:
Could someone tell me what unit 68C is at AKL? Bedrooms, floor, savanna, kidani or jambo. Please and thank you so much.

Could someone tell me what unit 68C is at AKL? Bedrooms, floor, savanna, kidani or jambo. Please and thank you so much.
Taking a quick look I believe unit 68C is a dedicated 2 BR and a lock off 2 BR located on the 2nd floor of Kidani. Rooms 7226 (Savannah View Dedicated 2BR) and 7222-7224 (Savannah View Lock Off 2 BR).

Screenshot_20210811-202108_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-202128_Gallery.jpg

I’ve been trying to figure out the Comptroller website to find out our 3 units but it’s defeating me. so can anyone help with
0.2737% of 127B SSR. 125 points
0.1642% of 19B SSr 100 points
0.2535% of unit 50 Polynesian 100 points

We keep telling people we own 3 bricks at Disney, but it would be good to see what exactly we do own.😀

Which resort and Unit number do you have? I have a list of all the Units for every DVC resort, including VGF, except for Villas at Grand California. VGC is the only resort I have not mapped out.

Do you have VGF Unit #12 details?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter