DB - Chris

Day 1 Link
Day 2 Link
Day 3 Link
Day 4 Link
Day 5 Link
Day 6 Link

Wednesday 12th May - SeaWorld & International Drive

It was still with me :sick: I'd only had one sachet of medicine though, so I took another before joining the others at the ASSp food court for breakfast. I opted for a fruit bowl to be on the safe side and quite enjoyed the melon selection I had :) The others tucked into hot breakfasts to keep them going for the rest of the morning.

We jumped into the car, I drove despite it all, I found it took my mind off it as I had to really concentrate on what I was doing on the road :lmao: We set off for SeaWorld and arrived around 9.30am and the car park was still empty :scared1: We headed straight in using our Discovery Cove passes and was hit by the very impressive Manta :yay: At this point, I was told by Simon that I WOULD be removing my engagement ring before riding these bigger rides!! It didn't fit properly, so he was rather stressed that I'd loose it on a ride if I let go at any point! :eek: It was safely stored in my bag, checked and double checked!!!

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

We hurried around to the entrance to see what the wait time showed, as we'd never ridden Manta before! We were pleased to see that the wait time was only showing 25 minutes so Simon, Christopher and I all jumped into the queue. Now, my Mum and Dad had never ridden the 'larger' rollercoasters so it was a big shock when suddenly my Dad appeared alongside us in the queue :scared1: He'd gone on about trying them, but I honestly didn't expect him too when it came down to it :lmao: Amazingly, the queue time was wrong and we only queued for 10 minutes before boarding! :thumbsup2 All I can say is - brilliant! I loved this ride, it was so much better than Air at Alton Towers. I got off Manta and I had serious 'jelly legs' going on, but I really didn't care, it was fantastic! :cloud9:

After Manta we decided to have a moment and head across to see the penguins, as they're my favourites.

DSC04534.jpg

Crazy little things they are, so much fun to watch. We spent a good 20 minutes in there just watching them play and feed before heading around to the shark encounter and across to the first showing of Believe.

DSC04542.jpg

We were early for the show, but we decided to hang around to make sure we got into this showing. They let us into Shamu stadium and we took our seats and happily watched the trainers and the whales back stage whenever we could see them. The show began and I decided it was time to put my sunglasses on, as I always cry when watching :rolleyes:

DSC_0311-1.jpg

DSC04545.jpg

It was very noticeable that the trainers were not in the water with the whales and honestly it just wasn't the same when watching. I understand why they're not in there and I do agree with it, but it simply took away some of the magic of the show. Not that I take anything away from the whales, they're amazing creatures just on their own, but I was so used to seeing the trainers in there with them showing their love for them. It was odd.

We came out of the show and I had my photo taken with 'Shamu and the baby' :)

DSC04570.jpg

We headed from the stadium and across to Kraken :eek: We'd bought the photo package so I had no option but to ride :laughing:

DSC_0315-1.jpg

Again, my Dad was still being brave, so we left the baggage with my Mum and all rode the Kraken! Phew, I'd forgot how huge that thing is and it finished me off for the day! :rotfl: We took some time out after that one and headed off for some lunch.

Cont...

Cont...

On our way across to the Whale and Dolphin show after our lunch, Simon found a friend! :) He was extremely tame and took the remains of a strawberry from Simon no problem before heading off up a tree with it!

DSC04556.jpg

After the dolphin show, we backtracked a little and headed back to ride The Wild Arctic and check out the polar bear and beluga whales.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

We took the option to ride the simulator and I swear, I was worse after that than when I'd done Manta and Kraken! :headache: I recovered once I got into see the polar bear - even though he was fast asleep! Didn't wake up once, cheeky thing! ;)

We finished up in the Arctic and it was time for my favourite SeaWorld show - Clyde and Seamore!

DSC04585.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Honestly, in my opinion, it's by far the funniest show at SeaWorld. The trainers in there work very hard to keep the animals from being naughtier than they already are, they're so mischievous! :lovestruc

We headed out of the show and to the viewing area for the sealions, it was feeding time and they were brilliant to watch :thumbsup2

DSC04590.jpg

We caught Journey to Atlantis at the right time, we literally walked onto it and yet again - I got soaked!! I swear it must wait for me to get on, as I manage to come off every single water ride drenched! :rotfl2: We headed towards the exit, stopping off at the Manatee enclosure before leaving, as they're my Mum's favourites!

DSC04621.jpg

We left SeaWorld and drove across to International Drive to attempt what we tried on the previous night - to have a walk around and look in some of the shops. We found the sports shop and couldn't resist a photo with the 'Go Magic' banner! :thumbsup2

DSC_0144.jpg

I bought myself an Orlando Magic vest top and we carried on down I-drive until we decided we'd walked far enough and headed back to the car and back to the resort. We'd called at an off-licence and picked up some bottles of beer and a cool box, so we set that up and then ordered a pizza to the room and all chilled out with a Bud and a slice of pizza :thumbsup2

Hopefully tomorrow - day 8!

Great day! The weather looks good too!

The bottom picture reminds me of times when the only reason I went to Orlando was to go in Sports Dominator.....how times have changed!!!

I am really enjoying reading your reviews

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday :goodvibes

Manta has become one of our favourite rides since we rode it last year. Kraken is OK but reminds me of the Hulk in that it goes on for a few turns too long.
And don't feel paranoid - we also get very wet on Altlantis :goodvibes

I love Kraken.

I love Believe too, not sure i'm looking forward to seeing it again after what you've said about it. I agree with them not getting in the water now but I may just choose to remember it how it was.

Awesome photos again! The rides look really good.
I'm scared of going on Kracken and Manta but I don't want to leave my DF on his own :scared1: :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter