• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Twelve Days of Swinter: From Castaway 'Key' to a Partridge in a Palm Tree!

Thanks! We did have a great cruise. I've been swamped since I got back though with all the 'back to the real world' stuff. :worried: But the cruise was sooooooo much better than last time and we are all looking forward to going back! We rebooked while on board! :goodvibes

Jen, I know you are still on vacation, but I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you guys! My very first Dis meet was a great one! And thank you so much for the FE gift you gave DD. We listened to the CD all the way home and loved it! And that bandana was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Thank you so much, it was very nice of you!! :flower3:

I thought it was a great meet, and you were so patient with my coming off a major panic of all the craziness my family had that morning. Good thing my room was close to the lobby! LOL.
We did have the stingray adventure, which made Claire very happy, but we also add the jet skis at your suggestion and that was fun too.
I loved your family. You are just as you are on Dis and your DH looks like a lot of fun too. He was so friendly. I wish the girls would've talked more, but we didn't have enough time for them to warm up to each other and make the move on to talking. :rotfl2: Claire got better as the trip went on and we met up with Tim and Juliana and Joy and her DD Maddie. We also met up with Carey and Kadance a few more times too.
I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Welcome home! Glad to hear the cruise was super! I can not wait to hear all about the room and verandah! Congrates on booking another cruise.

Thanks! The verandah was soooo awesome! We rebooked that exact same room for next year! I spent a lot of time out there. I will never cruise again without a balcony! :thumbsup2

Welcome home!! Can't wait to hear about the trip/cruise.

Thank you! I am just now getting all the real life junk caught up after our trip. The week after vacation always stinks! :crazy2:

I'm soooooo happy to hear that the second cruise was a lot better than the first. I don't know if you read that portion of my trip report but we were not in the best of moods when we left our first cruise. However, now that time has passed, we are considering booking another in 2014.

I know that it's hard to get back into the real world vibe but I hope that you can start on your trip report soon!

The second cruise was so so so much better. I think you should give it another shot. And I know what you mean about being in a bad mood and that messing up some of your trip. I think that's what happened to the first part of our trip this time. We had a very bad start and it just spilled over into the first few days of the trip. It stinks, but that's life. :upsidedow But I was really dreading the cruise because the last one didn't go so well, but it ended up being the highlight of the trip. I cannot wait to go back!! Seasickness patches and a verandah are like manna from Heaven!!!!!!! :littleangel:

Welcome home, I look forward to your new trip report.:surfweb:

Thanks! I wish I was still on CC though. :sad1:

Welcome home!!! Glad to read the cruise was better this time!! :thumbsup2

It was the verandah. I cannont even tell you what a difference that made for me. Heavenly!!!! That and the seasickness patches!! LOVE THEM!! ::yes::

Glad to hear the cruise went better this go around! Did the balcony make a big difference? I know it does for me.

YES YES YES!! The balcony is a must from now on! I won't sail again without one! You guys were totally right about that and I was 100% wrong! You have that in writing! :upsidedow

Welcome back!

Creepy: I saw you. I was in the MK on Friday the 26th and you were just ahead of me in the queue for Big Thunder! I didn't recognize you all until it was too late, but I did try to look for you all after I got off the ride.

Looking forward to reading your newest report!

Aw, that's too bad that we just missed each other. I kept looking around during the whole trip thinking that I might see a fellow Disser but I never did.

Welcome home Rinky!! Glad you had a good trip! :thumbsup2
I'm also looking forward to hearing about it - but don't worry. We'll still be here (patiently) waiting until that "real world" stuff gets taken care of. We know how it is!
popcorn::

Yes, the real world stuff has been no fun this year. As soon as we got home, DH had to go to NY for work because of hurricane Sandy. I hadn't even unpacked our bags yet and I had to turn right around and repack them!!! I was NOT happy! :headache: I barely had time to wash the clothes before he had to go. So this last week has literally been a blur. I'm just so thankful that things are back to normal now and he is back home. And in comparison to what the people in NY are going through, this was nothing. I do know that... even though I am complaining. :rolleyes1

Welcome back Rinky! :goodvibes

Thanks Shelly!!

Rebooked - yay! :dance3:

A Disney CD? One of the best gifts/souvenirs ever! :cool1:

Ok Memom... I ran the recon mission for you and I give the aft balcony rooms the all clear! They are made with the calustrophobe in mind! I think you would do well! :thumbsup2 It made a HUGE difference for me and I really enjoyed this cruise!

Yes, the Disney CD was great and it had lots of tropical music on it too which I just LOVE!

Hope you had a magical trip!!! Hope you can write all about it soon!!:)

We did! It was a great trip! It's funny though how last year the cruise has some bumps in the road and this year was the exact opposite! Our Disney portion this year was not the best. Still a great trip overall and I can't wait to cruise again!

Are you home Rinky? Do you have the Disney blues like me? :(

Unfortunatley, yes, I am home. :sad: And yes, it stinks. :sad:

How was your trip? Did you like the resort?

Kelli!! How was your trip?!! :cool1:

Yes, we want details!

I got to see her on Nov 4th after her cruise and she had a good time.

I thought it was a great meet, and you were so patient with my coming off a major panic of all the craziness my family had that morning. Good thing my room was close to the lobby! LOL.
We did have the stingray adventure, which made Claire very happy, but we also add the jet skis at your suggestion and that was fun too.
I loved your family. You are just as you are on Dis and your DH looks like a lot of fun too. He was so friendly. I wish the girls would've talked more, but we didn't have enough time for them to warm up to each other and make the move on to talking. :rotfl2: Claire got better as the trip went on and we met up with Tim and Juliana and Joy and her DD Maddie. We also met up with Carey and Kadance a few more times too.
I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Oh I understand how it is to be the one to have to juggle and remember 1,000things on vacation! It can definitely make you crazy!

I'm glad you got to do the stingray adventure. They seem to be really fast about getting things fixed. When we were there, one of the 'walls' was down on the fenced in area. And like I said, I think they were trapped in the family beach area b/c they were hanging around us everywhere. It kind of freaked us out! :rotfl:

I'm glad you liked the jet skis. We thought they were fun although I was ALWAYS at the very back of the pack! I am such a chicken! :rotfl2: Did they take you out on that sandbar! OH MY GOSH! That was so beautiful! The water was only about 1-2 feet deep and soooo clear. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! We could see whole huge conch shells and sand dollars on the bottom. I've got a picture somewhere that I need to post. It won't do it justice though. Just gorgeous!

My DH is a NUT. He is always the jokester and life of any party! And don't feel bad about Claire being so shy. DD didn't even want to go into the hotel with me! :rotfl: Kids are just like that. I think they would've hit it off if we had been on the ship together.

And speaking of... how was your cruise? Did you have good weather? I hope the weather we had hung around for you b/c it was perfect!

It was really great meeting your family! :thumbsup2

Ok Memom... I ran the recon mission for you and I give the aft balcony rooms the all clear! They are made with the calustrophobe in mind! I think you would do well! :thumbsup2 It made a HUGE difference for me and I really enjoyed this cruise!

Yes, the Disney CD was great and it had lots of tropical music on it too which I just LOVE!

I'm listening. Will have to see more evidence, but I am listening. :laughing:

Details of the CD, please. I need to send the next cruiser some money to buy me one for me.

So thankful that your husband could be a helper after the storms and that you guys were not among the ones who needed the help. ::yes::

I'm listening. Will have to see more evidence, but I am listening. :laughing:

Details of the CD, please. I need to send the next cruiser some money to buy me one for me.

So thankful that your husband could be a helper after the storms and that you guys were not among the ones who needed the help. ::yes::

I will have to go through my pictures and videos and see what I have of the room and balcony. I know I took some just for you, but I haven't had time to look at any of them yet. But I will tell you that the balcony is BIG. I mean BIG! :thumbsup2 I spent so much time out there. It was great during the day and at night. So worth the money! I still think the inside cabins are good for people who are on a short cruise and their frist cruise and want to be on the go all time seeing everything. They just don't work if you are claustrophobic. The balcony room was perfect though since we had cruised before and new what we wanted to do and what we wanted to skip. We thought we would be spending a lot more time in our room, and we did. Instead of standing with hoards of people at the Sail Away party and Pirate Party, we watched the sail away and the fireworks from our balcony. It was so nice! Definitely a must do from now on. I will post some pics/videos as soon as I have some time.

I hate to tell you this but the CD is one that Jenseib made. :worried: She burned it on her computer I guess. It has all the sea themed Disney music plus calypso style music. It is a great CD though! I think people would buy it! Too bad she can't sell it! :laughing:

DH was glad he could help out too. He said he didn't want to go, but it ended up being pretty rewarding. Things are still really bad there. Lots of people he works with are still there and probably won't be home in time for Thanksgiving. He said he couldn't imagine that a Cat. 1 storm could do that much damage. Around here, there just isn't that much property (or people) at the coast, so our damage from a Cat. 1 would be far less. He said it looked like a bomb had been dropped in some places. Very sad for so many up there.

He did have a few funny experiences though. That was his first time going to NY. He had never been north of Virginia before that trip! :rotfl: Anyway, he ordered 'sweet tea' at a restaurant while he was there and the waitress brought him a cup of hot water, with a tea bag, sugar packets and milk!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Needless to say, he didn't order tea anymore! :laughing:

Memom, I think I have the CD music still on my computer. If you want to PM me your addresss I can make one for you and send it. I tried to have a bunch of different things for all sorts of people, A little bit of country, calypso, Disney and sailing type music. Music that would make you think of beaches or parties on beaches or sailing.

Rinky, we had really nice weather too. Only really one cold day during the whole trip and that was the day we got off the ship. One day at WDW it rained for about 4.5 seconds.

I remembered you had said the jet skis were a little scary and I had read on other TR's that they go kind of fast, so I was worried a bit how well I would keep up. Well I used to have a boyfriend who had jet skis, though much older modles and we would go almost every week with Michael and Paige when they were little...and I had no worries. They were much smoother jet skis and actually my BIL and I commented on how we wish we could've opened them wide out and just gone on our own. We were at the front of the pack and the ones in the back were WAY back there.:goodvibes Claire loved it. It was her first time and I kept hearing giggles and shreiks behind me.

Merry_disney_christmas_wallpaper_31_zps4e094ddf.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter