The Trip Where Nothing Went Wrong...Well, Almost! A September TR--Final update, 11/20

Sorry to see your trip come to and end! :upsidedow

But pleased to see you have a new trip to count down too! :cool1:

Emma princess: x

I love your picture between the pumpkins with the castle in between! That spot was always so crowded, so we didn't get a chance to go there! Good thing you were so lucky! Don't you just love when that happens?

You sure were able to get into a lot of rides fairly quickly that night! I sure do love late night extra magic hours! Even though I totally get that it didn't match your style. I think your Epcot idea sounds just charming...it does get really hard in the MK to just soak it all in and hang out. I have done it before, and it was AMAZING, but it does get a bit crowded.

HOORAY!! I'm SO HAPPY you booked a bounce back offer. It really eases the pain of leaving but getting right into another countdown. YAY!

OMG you had ME drama too when you were leaving? Ours was no good either. I'm JUST like you when it comes to punctuality. Earlier is better than late and I feel like I don't know anyone who gives a hoot about it either. I am ALWAYS the first person places and it irritates me/amazes me (in a bad way) that so many grown adults can't figure out how long it takes them to get ready and to drive places. Of course, Garret could also care less about being on time, so I'm always freaking out with stress and he's just remembering to shave. :rotfl:

I'm so sad your TR is pretty much over. Can't wait for the final post!

Ya know... I totally get the leaving the park early on your last night. On our last trip, DH and I bailed early from MK on our last night and went to Kona for dinner - and it was AWESOME. My mom and I will linger in MK and watch the fireworks and revert back to children, but I think DH is more like you - he'd rather have a nice dinner and wander.

So don't feel weird for skipping Wishes! I get it!

I'm sad your TR is over :( I really enjoyed reading it (tho I couldn't see any pictures because work is dumb!). I think we are going to skip Disney next year but I'm getting the itch to go so maybe just a short trip for my birthday in October. I wonder if I can talk Kris into it. ;)

Awww! I'm so sad it's over already! But SUPER excited that you guys are going back again! Hooray for Bounceback offers!

The wilderness lodge is gorgeous!! Yay for bounce back !!!

Ugh I feel the same way!! I'm always really and hate being late!!! I would have been going crazy and very anxious being so late to the airport!!!! LoL

Such a great TR!!!! :)
I love that hotel!! I think it's the prettiest of any WDW resorts!
I really appreciate people who hate being late-- I just think it's so inconsiderate when people are late all the time. And I'm sure something happened that made it impossible for ME to be on time, but that doesn't mean I wasn't shaking in my boots!!

Sorry to see your trip come to and end! :upsidedow

But pleased to see you have a new trip to count down too! :cool1:

Emma princess: x
I am sooo happy I have another trip to look forward to!

I love your picture between the pumpkins with the castle in between! That spot was always so crowded, so we didn't get a chance to go there! Good thing you were so lucky! Don't you just love when that happens?

You sure were able to get into a lot of rides fairly quickly that night! I sure do love late night extra magic hours! Even though I totally get that it didn't match your style. I think your Epcot idea sounds just charming...it does get really hard in the MK to just soak it all in and hang out. I have done it before, and it was AMAZING, but it does get a bit crowded.

HOORAY!! I'm SO HAPPY you booked a bounce back offer. It really eases the pain of leaving but getting right into another countdown. YAY!

OMG you had ME drama too when you were leaving? Ours was no good either. I'm JUST like you when it comes to punctuality. Earlier is better than late and I feel like I don't know anyone who gives a hoot about it either. I am ALWAYS the first person places and it irritates me/amazes me (in a bad way) that so many grown adults can't figure out how long it takes them to get ready and to drive places. Of course, Garret could also care less about being on time, so I'm always freaking out with stress and he's just remembering to shave. :rotfl:

I'm so sad your TR is pretty much over. Can't wait for the final post!
We got super lucky that we hoped in the line for those pumpkin shots just as the PP photographer arrived!
I don't think the leisurely hanging out in Epcot thing is for everyone, but definitely fits us!
Omggg girl, you're preaching to the choir. I am the most punctual person I know and it angers me to no end when I have to wait on people!

Ya know... I totally get the leaving the park early on your last night. On our last trip, DH and I bailed early from MK on our last night and went to Kona for dinner - and it was AWESOME. My mom and I will linger in MK and watch the fireworks and revert back to children, but I think DH is more like you - he'd rather have a nice dinner and wander.

So don't feel weird for skipping Wishes! I get it!
We just were not feeling the crowds that night-- a relaxing dinner, like you had with your DH, sounds perfect!

I'm sad your TR is over :( I really enjoyed reading it (tho I couldn't see any pictures because work is dumb!). I think we are going to skip Disney next year but I'm getting the itch to go so maybe just a short trip for my birthday in October. I wonder if I can talk Kris into it. ;)
I haven't skipped a year since 2008! I hope you get to go next year :)

Awww! I'm so sad it's over already! But SUPER excited that you guys are going back again! Hooray for Bounceback offers!
Thanks for reading! Yes, once I decided we needed to go in 2014, that was it haha.

I really enjoyed your whole report! I followed along with the DR at he same time. :)
Thanks-- glad you liked both!! :thumbsup2

Okay, now I really am doing my trip wrap-up. I decided to do this in a highs/lows format, with tidbits sprinkled in on how wed like to do our next trip. Everything is pretty random and jumbled together, topic wise.

High: The Wilderness Lodge in general. This hotel was perfect for us. The location, transportation options, theme, and amenities were everything we dreamed of.

Low: Territory Lounge. A lack of the much-hyped donuts and rude service made us not really want to return.

High: Trout Pass Bar. The bartenders were fun (especially Stewart and Carrie) and made great drinks. I loved stopping here right before dinner and next trip, would like to relax here during our afternoon breaks, too.

Low: Lack of food options at Roaring Fork. Im definitely used to having more choices at POR. This was only really an issue when we returned from Universal after our not great meal at Margaritaville. I was pretty hungry, and once I found out there was nothing really at Territory Lounge I wanted to eat, I would have killed for PORs amazing create your own pasta bar!

High: Taking the boat back to the WL from the MK. What a peaceful ride this is. I love passing by the contemporary and seeing the train station all lit up from afar.

Low: DME being late for our return pick-up. This was a nail biter for sure! I was so nervous about missing our flight!

High: Our room. 4102 was the best! I loved our woods view and we were super close to the front desk, gift shop, Roaring Fork, and transportation. If we could request and receive this exact room next year, Id be over the moon!

Low: PhotoPass pictures. With a few exceptions, I didnt really love a lot of our pictures! Some of them are just SO unflattering and others have weird lighting. I like the idea of PhotoPass+ and getting all of our ride photos, so we may try that next trip. If we get mostly bad photos two years in a row, however, 2014 would definitely be the last year of PP!! Heres one I actually loved:

High: New Test Track! While we did have some technology glitches (i.e. the custom car NEVER working for us), I love the new modern look of this ride.

Low: No Wishes :-( We never got to watch Wishes head-on, with the castle as the background this trip. I did do that in June, which was wonderful. And Zach likes Wishes, but not enough to battle the crowds for a viewing point. Next trip we will DEFINITELY be doing the Dessert Party. Even if we dont get our moneys worth with the desserts, the view/lack of stress will be totally worth it. This is from June (ignore the pole!):

High: IllumiNations! We got to see this as we strolled out of the park, delicious drinks in hand. Even though it may not seem like it, this was a totally relaxing and enjoyable way to see this show. Id like to do this next year the same way.

Low: Lack of service at a few restaurants. Our waitress at Yachtsman was definitely the worst, but the server at Tonys was also a bit weird. Zach and I are not high maintenance at all, but poor service is really unacceptable to me.

High: Delicious food. At both CS and TS restaurants, we really struck it lucky. Most of our meals were awesome, with only a few things that were just okay. I practically drool when I think about the Dalkey Duo at Raglan and truffle mac and cheese at Yachtsman!

Low: Crazy EMH at DHS. This got me so (unnecessarily) stressed! I still cant believe how crowded it was. I think well stick to regular hours from now on!

High: The weather. We rarely got stuck in any rain. It was hot and sunny, which is the way I love my Disney!

High: The buses. We had such luck with the buses this trip, rarely waiting at all. It was awesome.

High: Awesome souvenirs. I absolutely love my Disney D&B! Ive switched to a different purse for late fall/winter, but I love how lightweight and fun my D&B is. Ill definitely use it in the real world, and at Disney, too! I want a wristlet next. I use my bottle of Laila all the time, and wear my Ariel raglan-style sweatshirt lounging around the house often.

High: Our day trip to Universal. I went to Universal a lot growing up and really love it. I think the rides and theming are on-par with Disney. Seeing the HP expansion coming along was incredible. I cannot wait to go next fall and check it all out. We are thinking of doing six nights in Disney and then tacking on two at Universal at the end of our trip. I really like Royal Pacific, the hotel we stay at in Universal, and would love to spend more time there. Plus, with more time, we could not only do the new HP land but all of the minor rides/shows that we typically skip when were cramming two parks into one day. I know Zach would love Disaster and probably the horror make-up show, too.

High: Seeing friends we rarely see. Even though our friends vacation styles dont really match up with ours, it was definitely fun spending time with them this trip.

High: Walking from DHS to Epcot. This was such a peaceful walk. I love the hustle and bustle of Disney, but sometimes you just need a break from the craziness. Checking out the Boardwalk Inn was cool, and I liked showing Zach where I stayed for my business trip in June (The Dolphin). He had never been on the Boardwalk before and thought it was classy. Weve discussed possibly doing a night at JellyRolls our next trip. I had some amazing meals at the Swalphin and althought theyre not on the DDP, Id definitely spring for an OOP meal at Shulas, Il Mulino, or bluezoo and a night at JellyRolls next trip!

High: Spending time with my Zach! Even though we live together, we both have lots of commitments and are frequently busy. Our vacations are a time to just spend with each other, and in Disney, in the most magical bubble of happiness! Some of my favorite memories of us are from our WDW trips. I know well go there together for the rest of our lives <3

Clearly there were many more highs than lows-- this was one awesome trip!

I am finally done with this report! I dont want to call it a labor of love, because it truly wasnt laborious to write! I enjoyed writing every word and sharing my trip with you all. I also love that I now have a permanent record of my wonderful vacation.
Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I will most likely being doing a PTR for my 2014 trip, so stay tuned. I cant wait to follow along with all of your trips, so please keep me in the loop if you start a TR that I dont find for some reason :) Thanks again!

Great wrap up!!! :)

That truffle Mac n cheese is making me hungry- so good!!!!!!

Agreed-I dislike when others are late and/or things happen to make me late. I hate being rushed to get somewhere!!! Stresses one out!!

I knew you'd love Wilderness Lodge. That is by far my favorite Disney resort! I'm dying to go back but I'm making myself try new resorts after staying at Pop so many times. It's my goal to stay in every Disney resort.

Loved your TR!

I think we may do a long weekend trip to Universal next year if we can swing it. I really want to see all the Harry Potter stuff. I'm ok with not going to Disney if we can take a trip to Universal!

Great wrap up!!! :)

That truffle Mac n cheese is making me hungry- so good!!!!!!

Agreed-I dislike when others are late and/or things happen to make me late. I hate being rushed to get somewhere!!! Stresses one out!!
I seriously have to scroll past that mac and cheese so I don't see it and want to eat right now!!
Thanks for reading!!! And congratulations :hug:

I knew you'd love Wilderness Lodge. That is by far my favorite Disney resort! I'm dying to go back but I'm making myself try new resorts after staying at Pop so many times. It's my goal to stay in every Disney resort.

Loved your TR!

I think we may do a long weekend trip to Universal next year if we can swing it. I really want to see all the Harry Potter stuff. I'm ok with not going to Disney if we can take a trip to Universal!
I am usually all about switching it up, but Zach is such a creature of habit. He sees no reason to swap resorts now that we found one we both love. My dream is an October F&W trip staying at the Boardwalk or Dolphin, but October is my crazy busy month at work :-( I'd probably have to switch jobs before I could do that.
I have proposed the long weekend at Universal multiple times! With the new HP land, I think 3 or 4 nights would be perfect.

Catching up again... wow, life has really gotten busy!

I'm glad you enjoyed Be Our Guest. Sorry to hear the food wasn't super impressive - we loved it when we ate there! But the atmosphere is so incredible, I think it's probably now my favorite Disney restaurant.

I totally see why you would stay at Universal for a night, because that Express pass is great. Especially if it's a busy season. We've gone to Universal a few times but without a fastpass we ended up waiting forever for things, or just not doing rides we wanted to do because we didn't feel like waiting.

Your wristlet idea at US sounds like a good one. I hate having to shove my stuff in a locker every time I want to ride something, so when he go to Universal I wear my "boy shorts"  literally a pair of shorts I bought in the boys section for the big pockets!

Your day at US sounds really fun. Even though Ive been there a bunch of times, Ive only visited IOA. I havent actually been to the Studios since I think 2005, so a lot has changed! We definitely plan to visit once the new Harry Potter section opens though! I know what you mean about TS in Citywalk. I havent found a great place there yet either. The only memorable meal I had at Universal was at Mythos. The food was good though not outstanding, but the service that I had was excellent.

Ugh, I feel your pain about the crowds at TSM. I wouldve been grumpy too! I really like the new Test Track as well. I love being able to design a car. Although weve had similar problems with it not recognizing our design on the actual ride. Its confusing, and the CMs are not really helping at all.

I loved L'Artisan! What flavor of ice cream did you get there?

Im so glad you have a 2014 trip planned :) Thats something to look forward to, and Ill certainly be following along with that one as well! Your TR has really made me want to stay at Wilderness Lodge!

Kylie what a great wrap up and even better that you already booked your bounce-back at WL! It's great to look forward to the next trip at Disney.

That photo of you and Zach with the ToT in the back ground was awesome! It sounds like it was the perfect trip for you two.

I look forward to seeing your PTR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter