The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

I just wanted to say hi! I just found your PTR and we are also going in May next year and it will be my sons first trip he will be 2 and half. I can't wait to follow your planning and hopefully trip report :-)

So, in this regard, we found on the first trip, that if we didn't go into stores they didn't even seem to realize that there were things to get. So, we limited our trips in stores. I also tried to "lead" them towards items that we couldn't get at say The Disney Store. The second time they were a little bigger and we gave them a limit of one thing at each park. We used the thinking that there was unique things at Hollywood Studios (toy story & star wars) than say Epcot with stuff in Japan or the world showcase. It seemed to work good, that they knew there limit.

My mom used to set limits like that when we were kids, and it totally works like a charm; you really consider "is this the one thing I want here?" You are so onto fewer stores, especially with a toddler; she touches everything! the stores are my favorite in WDW, I admit that I am the problem here... DH has already told me that we need to keep shopping to a limit (he means me, not the baby:rolleyes:)

I personally haven't had luck at Kohls' but I have heard they have Disney stuff. So does Old Navy. The first year I got them Cinderella Shirts from Old Navy. I do Disney Store on sale. I utilize the two for one sales and clearance. Dollar Store is good for glow sticks and little trinkets. Zulily will have Disney 'Sale' sometimes. I think I ordered Water Bottles off of Amazon. I get ALOT of stuff off Amazon anymore.

OLD NAVY! I never would have thought of that! I got my favorite Mickey sweatshirt there, but I would never have thought to go there for Disney clothes!

I can't wait to hear what you find and /or get! You have plenty of time to slowly collect the items. Which helps, too, you don't have to go out and get all of it once.

I will definately share what I fond. So far I have a few little things just thrown in our suit case (we rarely travel). But once I've got some stuff I'll post pics.:thumbsup2

Glad he participated! :dancer: I personally haven't went to either dinner show but 2 of my co-workers have done HDDR and highly recommended it to me. We just haven't found the time to squeeze it in. :confused3

I'm thinking HDDR is gonna be the winner. We will be so close staying at WL. I've read great things about it too; good food, good show, not too crazy. It's a first for me too; I've never done a dinner show at Disney, minus a trip to Arabian Knights in the 8th grade!:lmao:

I have always wanted to do HDDR! We stayed at Ft. Wilderness many times and never ate there. We don't have time/dining credits enough to eat there this trip, but maybe next trip we do that instead of CRT.

Credits will play a HUGE part in the decision process; if we don't end up checking in on Friday instead of Saturday we will likely not to a show. Well, that's assuming that HDDR is two credits... I need to do more research! I got so focused on the show and the food, I never actually looked at the credits/cost :confused3

I just wanted to say hi! I just found your PTR and we are also going in May next year and it will be my sons first trip he will be 2 and half. I can't wait to follow your planning and hopefully trip report :-)

:welcome: Thanks for following along! How funny that we'll be there the same times and our kiddos will be about the same age! It's a small world after all... :earboy2:

Do you plan on doing a PTR? I'd love to follow along!

Hi! I am following along :) We are going next May as well. It will be our 3rd May trip in 4 years. The reason we did not go this year is because I am currently 9 months pregnant. It will be my first trip with a stroller and all things a 10 month old would need :)

Hi Mary, joining in! We are planning a trip for next May as well. Not sure of exact dates yet but def. within the first two weeks of May. We like to be there over Cinco de Mayo . We head to Disney Springs as they always have an amazing salsa band and my son loves to dance! We usually always go at that time. It is my favorite time to visit. Decent crowds and not too hot yet. Our last trip was last May with our son Luca he was 17 months at the time. It was one of the most magical trips to date. This next trip we have a new addition my son Leo will be 14 months old. I usually start planning trips 5 months out so planning a trip this far in advance is kinda torture hahaha. I may have to start a PTR of my own. In the meantime we are going to do Disney family movie nights once a month. We are possibly thinking of POR but I am so indecisive!

Hi! I am following along :) We are going next May as well. It will be our 3rd May trip in 4 years. The reason we did not go this year is because I am currently 9 months pregnant. It will be my first trip with a stroller and all things a 10 month old would need :)

Hello and :welcome:

A May veteran?! Hope you'll share some secrets!

Being pregnant is a great reason to skip Disney; that why we skipped 2014 too! This is our first time going with a baby and all their accoutrements. I'm not even sure what they will consist of, at this point!

Hi Mary, joining in! We are planning a trip for next May as well. Not sure of exact dates yet but def. within the first two weeks of May. We like to be there over Cinco de Mayo . We head to Disney Springs as they always have an amazing salsa band and my son loves to dance! We usually always go at that time. It is my favorite time to visit. Decent crowds and not too hot yet. Our last trip was last May with our son Luca he was 17 months at the time. It was one of the most magical trips to date. This next trip we have a new addition my son Leo will be 14 months old. I usually start planning trips 5 months out so planning a trip this far in advance is kinda torture hahaha. I may have to start a PTR of my own. In the meantime we are going to do Disney family movie nights once a month. We are possibly thinking of POR but I am so indecisive!

Hi and:welcome: glad to have you along!

I bet Cinco de Mayo is fun in DS, especially with a little dancer!

Congrats on your newest edition! I love your children's names, by the way.

I'm such a a planner. I need at least
a year. I like the PTRs cause they're a great spot to get ideas, ask people with more experience, and just to share your Disney love!:tinker:

If you do start a PTR I hope you'll post a link; I'd love to follow.

And POR is wonderful. We loved it in 2015. It's clean, peaceful, and I felt very tucked away. It was nice to come home after busy resort days to a more quiet resort. I highly recommend it!

How did I miss this?? I'm here! So exciting and I fully support any and all planning to the tiniest detail, even a year away!

Did you decide on WL? It's a great choice, especially with 2 MK days. And if you go with HDDR, Fort Wilderness is only a quick boat ride away!

The packing list for when kids are along is massive! I do tend to pack quite a bit but we use almost all of what I bring at some point! The one thing I saw you mention was a bed rail - Disney has those for you to use so one thing off your packing list!

Excited to read about more plans!

Hi!! So happy to see that you're taking your little for the first time!!! I am too in a few months and its fun to read about everyone else doing the same thing!! May is a GREAT time to go!!

How did I miss this?? I'm here! So exciting and I fully support any and all planning to the tiniest detail, even a year away!

I'm so glad you're here! :welcome: Even with a year to plan stuff I feel like I'm behind!:scared: It's just so different with the baby!

Did you decide on WL? It's a great choice, especially with 2 MK days. And if you go with HDDR, Fort Wilderness is only a quick boat ride away!

It is WL this trip, which I'm glad for. Unless an amazing deal come out at the Poly... A girl can dream. HDDR is looking like a strong possibility, especially since the boat will take us right there!

The packing list for when kids are along is massive! I do tend to pack quite a bit but we use almost all of what I bring at some point! The one thing I saw you mention was a bed rail - Disney has those for you to use so one thing off your packing list!

My packing philosophy is "it's better than to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" I've already started a running list, might post it to see if you all find anything is missing...

Thank goodness! We are changing DD out of the crib and into the toddler bed next weekend. I'm glad to know I won't need to pack one on the trip.

Excited to read about more plans!

Thanks! I am so excited to be planning this trip!:goodvibes

Hi!! So happy to see that you're taking your little for the first time!!! I am too in a few months and its fun to read about everyone else doing the same thing!! May is a GREAT time to go!!

That's great! I saw your PTR in your signature, heading over now to catch up on your plans!:thumbsup2

Just joining in. I am planning a trip for March 2017 with my husband and baby that will be our first family vacation.

It's never a bad thing to have extra dining credits! Seems like a great plan. I'm glad your trial run at a dinner show was such a huge success. I've never done the Luau or HDDR, although both are high on my list of things I'd like to do sometime. I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you end up choosing.

Joining in! I'm planning a Spring 2017 trip too for DH's and mine first wedding anniversary! We got married April 16, but that's Easter this year, so there's no way we're going for the actual day. I had been looking at that week after Easter too (April 22-25ish), but I keep monitoring the crowd calendars to see if that's a good idea, or if we should switch to May. Our first WDW trip together was May 3-7, 2014, so partly during the cheerleading/dance competition, but the crowds weren't bad at all in the parks. We stayed at All Star Sports though, where a lot of them stayed, so there was A LOT of glitter everywhere. :)

It's never a bad thing to have extra dining credits! Seems like a great plan. I'm glad your trial run at a dinner show was such a huge success. I've never done the Luau or HDDR, although both are high on my list of things I'd like to do sometime. I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever one you end up choosing.

Thanks Andy! I'm leaning more towards HDDR at this point. I figure if we go on our non-park day it'll be a fun little boat excursion... Only time, and vague conversations with my partner, will tell. :rolleyes1Glad to see you here.:hug:

Joining in! I'm planning a Spring 2017 trip too for DH's and mine first wedding anniversary! We got married April 16, but that's Easter this year, so there's no way we're going for the actual day. I had been looking at that week after Easter too (April 22-25ish), but I keep monitoring the crowd calendars to see if that's a good idea, or if we should switch to May. Our first WDW trip together was May 3-7, 2014, so partly during the cheerleading/dance competition, but the crowds weren't bad at all in the parks. We stayed at All Star Sports though, where a lot of them stayed, so there was A LOT of glitter everywhere. :)

Hi! :welcome: Thanks for joining in! An anniversary trip, how sweet:love: Too bad it falls on Easter this year. But whenever you get to go will be so fun, don't forget to grab your Happily Ever After pins! I love those...

I can only imagine the amounts of glitter at an AllStar during the cheer summit! It must have been just everywhere! :eek:

:welcome: Thanks for following along! How funny that we'll be there the same times and our kiddos will be about the same age! It's a small world after all... :earboy2:

Do you plan on doing a PTR? I'd love to follow along!

I was super excited to see someone else with a little one planning! I am going to start one soon!

Hello and :welcome: glad to have you along!

What are your plans so far?!:)
So far I know we are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort, Springbreak March 2017. It will be a number of celebrations 5 yr anniversary, family reunions, birthdays and the major celebration will be celebrating my little one. My water broke at 25 weeks, I spent 3 weeks hospitalized and had an emergency C-Section in December and her due date was March 2016. She spent 7 long weeks in the NICU. Things are chaotic and I think for this first family trip I will get a travel agent.

Love your plans so far and I am looking forward to reading more.

So far I know we are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort, Springbreak March 2017. It will be a number of celebrations 5 yr anniversary, family reunions, birthdays and the major celebration will be celebrating my little one. My water broke at 25 weeks, I spent 3 weeks hospitalized and had an emergency C-Section in December and her due date was March 2016. She spent 7 long weeks in the NICU. Things are chaotic and I think for this first family trip I will get a travel agent.

What a miraculous story! Science is an amazing thing. I am so glad to hear your sweet baby is a happy healthy little one! I'm sure those 7 weeks were the longest of your life. But what fun to be able to celebrate so many wonderful things! And what better place to do so than in WDW!!!

Love your plans so far and I am looking forward to reading more.

Thanks! I'll have a bit more soon; we can book June 21st, as I'm sure you know. SO excited!!!

Let's do an update, shall we?
Well friends, it's been a while, and a lot has happened. But I felt I needed to pop in to say...

WE ARE BOOKED FOR OUR TRIP TO WDW!
Who am I kidding we booked the day 2017 prices were listed, but I've had zero time to get on here. After my birthday came my Father's Day, then my mom's birthday which took us to Orlando to go to Medieval Times. The show is so much fun! We booked it through a Groupon so the price was reasonable, the food is good, it was a little odd to not have utensils... But DD loved the horses, as did her Baba (my mom). It was rough being so close to WDW and not going, so we went to DS for dinner at Morimoto. You will never guess who we met...

I know it's a terrible photo but that's our family with Chef Morimoto himself!! It's a fantastic restaurant, kind of a once in a lifetime thing for us, but it was mom's birthday so we went! If you're able to go. You totally should.

Anywho, that trip my sis and I decided we needed a Disney trip. We figured we'd ditch the boys and go for a day or two. No parks, just an All Star and some swimming. Well mom got involved, of course, and now we are going for 4 days and 4 nights at AoA, doing Blizzard Beach and we leave on WEDNESDAY!!! I packed yesterday so DD and I are ready to roll!

I'm so excited I can hardly handle myself. Between my crazy boss, corporate visitors all month, all these trips, on top of planning DD's second birthday; a nod to her favorite princess Miss Tiana we are throwing a Bayou Birthday, I've really not had a second to do any planning for our May trip.

Ok, that's not totally true, I've done some shopping, but it's stuff we needed! I bought two of those waterproof phone pouches, our favorite sunscreen on clearance, a pop up hamper, and a few things from the dollar section at Target for DD to enjoy... Next year. Lol!

We did change one minor detail when we booked; we decided that we'd rather drive up Friday night instead of Saturday morning when we go next May. DD has not travelled much in her young life. While we were in Orlando in June she needed a full day to get settled before she was her usual happy self; she hardly ate or slept the first day we were there, and she was very clung to me, which isn't normal for her. Since we added the day I now have 7 dining credits to work with!! And may I just say I am LOVING the changes to the DDP; DH is a dessert guy, but at dinner, those extra snack credit will be perfect for getting DD a few sides of something when we go eat!

I've been working through some spreadsheets, but I've not even looked to see if the crowd calendars for May have been updated... I really need to start this! Our ADR day is 119 days away and I basically only have a rough idea of what we're doing... I could totally freak out right now. Or I could get on planning!!

TTFN friends, I hope all us well with you and yours!

Just seen as I was finishing up my reply on my PTR that you had a new post. Glad you are officially booked!:cheer2:

Anywho, that trip my sis and I decided we needed a Disney trip. We figured we'd ditch the boys and go for a day or two. No parks, just an All Star and some swimming. Well mom got involved, of course, and now we are going for 4 days and 4 nights at AoA, doing Blizzard Beach and we leave on WEDNESDAY!!! I packed yesterday so DD and I are ready to roll!
Fun!!! Even if you aren't doing the parks at least you are at Disney. It is great y'all live close enough to drive up for a weekend and enjoy DS.

We did change one minor detail when we booked; we decided that we'd rather drive up Friday night instead of Saturday morning when we go next May. DD has not travelled much in her young life. While we were in Orlando in June she needed a full day to get settled before she was her usual happy self; she hardly ate or slept the first day we were there, and she was very clung to me, which isn't normal for her. Since we added the day I now have 7 dining credits to work with!! And may I just say I am LOVING the changes to the DDP; DH is a dessert guy, but at dinner, those extra snack credit will be perfect for getting DD a few sides of something when we go eat!
Ahh I love when more nights=more dining credits! When we were looking at our 10 day vacation we couldn't get over having to book 10TS meals. :goodvibes It was almost overwhelming until we decided to put it off until fall. I am sure once we get back together we will start picking out dates and then be back in the same boat as what we were lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter