the Tower of Terror

What a great story. My son's first trip was at age 13, and this too was his favorite ride. We rode it over and over again. This year my daughter and younger son (who will be 11 and 15) will ride it for the first time and I am hoping they have the same experience. Thank you for sharing your great memory.

Goofster-nice job with this & all of the narratives you've been posting about the attractions at WDW:thumbsup2 Very nice pics too:earsboy:

That is a great story. A true memory to treasure. This is also the "our ride" of my daughter and I. The first time I took her to WDW she was nervous about ToT and I told her if she rode it once, I would not ask her to again but I wanted her to ride it at least once as it was our first time at the world. After we rode it she didn't want to stop. We rode it over and over as well, for a grand total of 21 times. I must admit, even I got tired of riding it. I think she conquered her fear and wanted to show she was not afraid :thumbsup2. We rode it so many times in a row that the cms started referring to her. When someone seemed scared they pointed to her and explained she was nervous the first time and now we can't get her off the ride. :rotfl2: She wore that like a badge of honor. Now we ride it every time we are at the studios (but not so many times in a row).:rotfl:

I had a very similar experience with my daugher when she was 7. The first ride brought tears to her eyes as it scared her so bad. I thought we had messed up by having her ride it; however, as we were exiting the "elevator" she hollered "I want to ride it again" and we did quite a few rides that day...:love:

what a great story! my oldest DD was so excited to ride ToT...we went when she was 4 and was about an inch too short. She was so disappointed! When we went the this year she was exactly the right height! My DH said she loved it! I was pg so couldn't do it with her...I wish we had a picture of her face. I can't wait to ride with her when we go back net year!

Great story annd great pix too! Thanks for sharing. It is one of my favorite rides in all of WDW that I am always a little afraid of going on, but always do. Wish I could get my DW to go on it with me.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that ride!!!!!

And i just LOVE bringing on NEW VICTIMS with me! ;-D

Got my boyfriend to go on it for the first time last fall, and he also LOVED it! :-D

Great story! I absolutely love ToT as well - my favorite at Disney - but I've yet to find someone to ride it with me. Perhaps one day I can convince my BF to go on it with me.... Hahaha, yeah.

My first ride on ToT was similar to your son and wife's. :scared1:

...and it was caught on video. :blush:

DH DRAGGED me on it... I really didn't want to do it. I had watched it on youtube before the trip, so you can nervously hear me recite exactly what's going to happen. I'm the one screaming bloody murder :rotfl2:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VnfomXAawk

:lmao:

This was from our trip in 2008.

And honestly... we went on it again last trip (2010) and I :lovestruc:love::cloud9: it!!! It's now my favorite ride.... though you wouldn't know it from that video! :rotfl: My first time EVER on a dropping ride (EVER!) AAAAND we did it right after RnRC...which was my first time EVER on a looping coaster. :faint: The very first rides of our trip, to 'get them over with'. And I'm glad I did!! :woohoo: I'm a WIMP, prone to motion sickness. And I did fine! :goodvibes

Love LOVE the atmosphere of this ride.

Think they should do something similar to the castle... have one or two rooms where somehow, people could choose (or win) a night in the Hollywood Hotel. DH and I would do it in a heartbeat.

My DD and I went on this ride once- ONCE - and I certainly don't remember any bar to hold onto. We both said the worst thing about this ride was that there WASN'T anything to hold onto! Just our fabric-seat belts, or, in the case of my DD, a mother's arm to sink your fingernails into.

I was on the end, near the wall, so I had some little metal thing to grab onto on the wall, but nobody else in our row had anything remotely resembling a bar.

If they have installed bars since then, please let me know and maybe I'll give this one another try.

Really enjoyed reading this story, only if I could get my Dad to ride it. And my wife seems to scared of it to ride...

Love LOVE the atmosphere of this ride.

Think they should do something similar to the castle... have one or two rooms where somehow, people could choose (or win) a night in the Hollywood Hotel. DH and I would do it in a heartbeat.

GENIUS idea!!!! We would looooooove that!!!!!:thumbsup2

dhs238.jpg

Alright... where did you take this picture at? It's great!

Fantastic story! Brings back great memories of all the times I've ridden. I'm not sure whats worse, the anticipation or the drop. When I rode last week, I think they bounced us up and down 5 times!

I like this ride as well but my only complain is the elevator feels so cramped and packed in there like we're being herded in like cattle sheep. I wish I had a little more "breathing" room.

My DD and I went on this ride once- ONCE - and I certainly don't remember any bar to hold onto. We both said the worst thing about this ride was that there WASN'T anything to hold onto! Just our fabric-seat belts, or, in the case of my DD, a mother's arm to sink your fingernails into.

I was on the end, near the wall, so I had some little metal thing to grab onto on the wall, but nobody else in our row had anything remotely resembling a bar.

If they have installed bars since then, please let me know and maybe I'll give this one another try.

In between every seat is a metal handle located above the seat belt hook, this is what ppl are reffering to when they say "bar."

When I rode it back in November of last year I shot footage of the entire ride with my iPhone. When I got to the photo pickup area you could see me holding the phone up; hilarious stuff.

I might have to throw it up on youtube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter