The towel animals stay at the resort....right??

ericandliz

Earning My Ears
All this towel animal business has me curious. We have received some over the years and think they are interesting, but then leave them in the room when we go home....you don't take them home, do you?? I never really thought about it but the way some poeple are talking , maybe it is very important to them. Not really something to put on your mantle and show folks.... " Here's one of those towels animals from Mousekeeping"- and these days you may need to add "that I paid a big tip for" or "that I had to accost a Mousekeeper in the hall for" or "that I scored off their cart one morning". :rotfl: It seems really important while you are there, but if you bring it home, it sort of loses it's magic real quick.

Thoughts?

Many people take them home (they are considered a gift to the guests) and many people leave them behind. I´m pretty sure that if we recieve any, my kids would like to take them home. If they want to, I will let them :)

We let our kids bring them home. They are sitting on a shelf in the playroom in the basement. People still comment on them two years later!!!

We had three different towel animals during our 11 night stay in August. They brought a really cute bunny, then they took her two days later and gave us a hippo and then a few days later took her and gave us something I still can't figure out. We left the last one because they didn't leave us the other two to keep, so we guessed we weren't supposed to keep any of them.

That said, back in 2006 we did keep the duck they left the last day we were there. Still have the dusty little guy. :)

I think they are cool looking. We did get some nice ones on the cruise. I had a nice one made for me back in April at the GF for our 25th Ann. Kept it! I took pic's of it to. I do think they are fun . But for me I wouldn't panic if I didn't get one . But everybody is different. People like what they like and want what they want. And if they want to take home they will. :)

Wow, not to stir up the pot, but if everyone takes their towels home, I wonder if the mousekeeper has to pay for those towels? It would make sense and would explain why not all guests get them.

Nope, they get certain washclothes/towels to make them from and they are written off once they´ve been made.

I have stayed in one WDW resort or another a dozen times. The only time I got a towel animal was when I was in Orlando on business. Never when my kids were young enough to appreciate but when on a solo business trip to the area! :confused3

I took a pic but left it behind.....

The last thing I need is more junk from Disney! I'm trying to get rid of some of the souvenirs we've accumulated, not acquire more.

We take pictures of them but leave them behind. Never really thought about taking them as I have never taken towels from any hotel.

I took a picture of the swan that was left for us but I left if there. I didn't think I was suppose to take it home with us.

I was told by a CM that we are allowed to take them home. We had loads on our two week holiday, brought 4 little ones home that sit in the bathroom window and 3 huge ones that we just had to leave behind.
IMG_5092-1.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

We left all of our towel animals behind. I would never have thought to bring them home, any more than I'd ever consider taking a regular towel home with me. I always figure that you never take any non-disposable item from the room (so toiletries, yes; towels, coffee makers, pillows, etc. no.)

Wow, not to stir up the pot, but if everyone takes their towels home, I wonder if the mousekeeper has to pay for those towels? It would make sense and would explain why not all guests get them.

Most of the towel animals we have gotten have stuff glued to them. I doubt the mousekeepers are gluing things on towels that are any good. The creations are allowed to be taken home. At the WL we got so many of them that we would have needed another suitcase to bring them all home! We let DD chose one that she liked the best to take home. At the Poly it is rare that she gets any but did get a great monkey hanging from the bed frame once. She took that home too. She has shelves in her room and they sit on that shelf.

Our DD9 got 3 last year, we never know we were allowed to take them and just took pics of them!!:guilty:
Never mind, now we know for next year!!

I never thought about keeping ours, so I took pictures. We usually put them in our room window if we get them. I assumed they passed them on, maybe they don't, I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter