The Top Three Meet Dis-nee (CMO Contest, Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad idea! I'm guessing I could even find a way to inflict harm on myself while folding towels or painting faces!

yes, perhaps you should wear gloves in case the towel detergent or paint induce an allergic reaction to your skin.

you never can be too careful....i'll be certain to follow you around with some antibacterial soap and bandages :)

love,
meggin

Note Don't take me wrong -- I love the contest and I love Disney and have used Careerbuilder in the past. But I think there was just a lot that went awry with this contest so far...Thinking positively: they can certainly use our thread to help with their "Lessons Learned" meeting! :rotfl:

DITTO! (Well, except that Careerbuilder part. I haven't yet had the opportunity to use it!)

Have you seen the show "The Drousy Chaperone"?? It's a very funny musical and it has a number titled "I'm an Accident Waiting to Happen". Funny stuff!

oh, we've seen it! ronnie and i loved it!

goodnight to you!!

love,
meggin

I would like to extend a warm welcome to TankFatale, Suz D, and KigerKat. We're always glad to add more to the DISnee family.

Thanks for the welcome -though it should be welcome back...I've been with the thread since Feb.8th. Just been very busy lately and only able to lurk from time to time.;)

Okay, everyone...drum roll please...

Both biological parents signed over their rights before we went into the courtroom. It was sad and hard. Lots of tears from all of us. They both wanted so much to raise her, but really and truly, she would not have been safe with them. In addition, she's developmentally delayed in speech and physical tasks, and neither parent would have realized that and been able to get her the help she needed. We're not perfect parents by any stretch of the imagination, but she will be safe and we'll provide every opportunity for her to reach her full potential. Besides that, she's in our hearts and we love her so much. We are now free to start adoption proceedings which will hopefully be completed by sometime this summer. Had I known that the prayers and pixie dust from this group would have produced such immediate and astonishing results, I would have asked for them long ago! Thanks to you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

I'm sorry to bring out the family photos, but I just can't resist one more. She's almost our little girl now.

RSCN4245-1.jpg

Wow! I'm so happy for your family! :goodvibes (Your post gives me goosebumps!)

And, feel free to keep the photos coming! ;)

Many people were bashing on Tripp about Magic(al) and the SPONSORS can't even describe their own contest???

"2008 CareerBuilder.com Magic Job Contest"

Oh, I didn't even see that the first time I looked at it! Hilarious!!! Somehow Magic Job just doesn't sound as good as Dream CMO!

Okay, everyone...drum roll please...

Congratulations!! This is wonderful news and she is so blessed to have your and your DH as foster parents (and soon to eliminate the foster part legally!)

Can I get a "SHENANIGANS"?

SHENANIGANS!

Marshay, I would like your list too if you don't mind. We talked to someone last year at DTD about joining. We were scheduled to go on a tour but decided not to. Even though we were offered free kid-sitting and Fast Passes for going, we didn't want to miss any time in the parks. We might try it again this year when we go in September. We have a rest day scheduled in and I think I could find enough time to go on a tour. For our three trips to WDW, I figured we will have spent over $10,000 by the end of our trip this year. That would have been a real good start on a DVC membership!!

I'll probably just post on here so all can see! I'll go back and review again before posting.

And yes, the $10K would be about 1/3 to 1/2 of your costs for DVC points!!:rotfl:

I am going to play as well...
Although, I have nothing from school photos.
BUT!!!
This was taken in 1983, my last year of high school, grade 13 at that time, which we no longer have.

1983John.jpg

Where did all that hair go....????:confused3

Fun! (Hey: What's the logo on your turtleneck? At first I was guessing Wave Riding Vehicles, 'cuz WRV uses a dolphin "swirl"...)

Okay, I have yet to scrounge up a high-school photo, but I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to post it anyway. (I'll have to scan it, and DH -- my tech support guy -- already is asleep.)

still, i truly am grateful to find so much support from friends and family--both here and in my non-virtual life. i'm very happy to be part of the disboard family--thanks for having me!

Meggin: You're such a class act! We're so glad that you've joined us! :grouphug:

Someone (swwake or circusgirl???) asked about overview for DVC membership. Here is the condensed version -- remember there are loads of details and my numbers are not exact and there are exceptions to the rules (ie., based on availability, etc) but here are the basics...

1. Buy minimum 165 points at a particular DVC for approx $100/pt (going through Disney is more; going through resale is less).

2. Use your points yearly to go to any DVC or 500 other world-wide destinations (or save/borrow points to go every 2-3 years).
Weekends "cost" more points than Sunday - Thursday.​
Beach Club "costs" more points than Old Key West.​
1BR "costs" more points than studio.​
A Boardwalk view costs more than the parking lot view​
Going in July costs more than going in September​

So to extend your points, go Sun-Thurs to OKW in a studio in September or May...you'll be able to do this for several vacations (3? 4+?) in one year!

To use up your points quickly, get a 2BR Boardwalk view on the weekend ... or better yet: a Grand Villa for one night at Christmas ... and you'll be able to do this one time every 3 years!:lmao:

3. Pay annual dues (approx $3-4 per point)

The trick is to buy enough points so you can vacation as you want to without wasting points ... or going in debt .. or always needing to cut your vacations short b/c you never have enough points ... in which case you "add-on" (buy) more points!

Ok, I'll send my other DVC Candidate post tomorrow...got to get to bed!

Oh, I didn't even see that the first time I looked at it! Hilarious!!! Somehow Magic Job just doesn't sound as good as Dream CMO!

Congratulations!! This is wonderful news and she is so blessed to have your and your DH as foster parents (and soon to eliminate the foster part legally!)

SHENANIGANS!

I'll probably just post on here so all can see! I'll go back and review again before posting.

And yes, the $10K would be about 1/3 to 1/2 of your costs for DVC points!!:rotfl:

We have also been debating DVC since Dec 07...
But thats another story.
Would love to see your article and will add any info I have that I have collected (read "pack rat") over the last few months to help in any decision making (I hope).
Geez now the DISboard mods are going to have to move this thread to the DVC threads :lmao::lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fun! (Hey: What's the logo on your turtleneck? At first I was guessing Wave Riding Vehicles, 'cuz WRV uses a dolphin "swirl"...)

Okay, I have yet to scrounge up a high-school photo, but I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to post it anyway. (I'll have to scan it, and DH -- my tech support guy -- already is asleep.)

Well, being 25 years ago, I dont remember, but looking at it I think it may say "Whistler"

Hey all! I was just wondering. Has anyone else but me noticed that posting occurs on this thread nearly 24 hrs a day. Since the 1st thread was started back on 1/23/08, we've gone thru 3 threads, 585 pages, and 8751 posts. If my math is correct, that adds up to about 112 posts a day or 7.5 pages a day. Just in the last 5 days, we've gone thru 92 pages and 1368 posts ( 18 pgs./day and 273 posts/day.) I bet we're the busiest thread on the DIS boards!!!

While I was crunching the numbers, I came up with what I thought was a pretty cool idea. I noticed how our locations go from east to west, north to south and everywhere in between. If each of you wouldn't mind, if you would send me where you're located, I would like to map them all. I thought it would be cool for all of us to see how spread out this DISnee family is even though were are so close.

So, if you want to participate, just post what city you're in and I'll map it out and send everyone a copy. You don't have to be too specific if you don't want to. A general area would be fine just as long it's something I could map.

You can post your info, pm it to me or email it to me at madbrad76@cathie1.com. Which ever you feel comfortable with.

Hey all! I was just wondering. Has anyone else but me noticed that posting occurs on this thread nearly 24 hrs a day. Since the 1st thread was started back on 1/23/08, we've gone thru 3 threads, 585 pages, and 8751 posts. If my math is correct, that adds up to about 112 posts a day or 7.5 pages a day. Just in the last 5 days, we've gone thru 92 pages and 1368 posts ( 18 pgs./day and 273 posts/day.) I bet we're the busiest thread on the DIS boards!!!

While I was crunching the numbers, I came up with what I thought was a pretty cool idea. I noticed how our locations go from east to west, north to south and everywhere in between. If each of you wouldn't mind, if you would send me where you're located, I would like to map them all. I thought it would be cool for all of us to see how spread out this DISnee family is even though were are so close.

So, if you want to participate, just post what city you're in and I'll map it out and send everyone a copy. You don't have to be too specific if you don't want to. A general area would be fine just as long it's something I could map.

You can post your info, pm it to me or email it to me at madbrad76@cathie1.com. Which ever you feel comfortable with.

Done!

Not a bad idea! I'm guessing I could even find a way to inflict harm on myself while folding towels or painting faces!

As long as you're harming yourself -- and not others. ('Not that we want you to do either, of course! :eek: ) I'm just thinking that bloody face-paintings might not go over too well with the crowds. KWIM?

First -- let me say it's 2am and I'm not usually up this late...so I'll double-check this post in the morning and may amend then...or Tripp and whomever else has DVC, please chip (or chirp) in!

------------------------------
My guide, Jeff Jarosz: 800/827-1759. He is an official Disney guide and will tell you all about the program. Also ask for the great DREAM book (it's a coffee table type book with all the info). Right now Disney is selling Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom primarily, but they also have inventory at the other villas, too.

Remember you can purchase at any and stay at any resort. You just have a 4 month advantage in making your ressie (reservation) at your 'home' villa (11 months in advance you make a ressie at the one you own, then at 7 months prior to your trip you can change to any resort with availability).

You can purchase through Disney or through Resale. Two recommended sites for resales are (note: remove the spaces in the addresses below)
http://www. dvc-resales . com
http://www. dvc by resale . com

You can go to these sites to see what others are offering. The prices are generally cheaper than what Disney can offer but there are some negatives about doing this.

==================================================
Am I a Candidate for DVC??

If you can say yes to most/ALL of these questions, then what are you waiting for??!!??

1. Will you go to Disney every 1-3 years?
Remember you can go anywhere in the world but the best use of your points is through Disney. There are also "extra discounts" that are only useful if you go to Disney, like the 30% discount on Annual Passes...​

2. Do you really only want to stay in Deluxe resorts?
If you only stay in values and are happy, then DVC is not right for you. If you think a room while at Disney is just a place to lay your head and take a shower, then DVC is not right for you (maybe go to All Stars Family Suites or the Cabins in FW)

If you enjoy the luxury of the Deluxe resorts and, more importantly, are used to spending the money for a Deluxe, your timeshare will pay for itself quicker.​

3. Do you need/want the extra space?

Do you want your kids in the same room as yourself?​

'Nuff Said :rolleyes1 :hug: :rolleyes1

4. Do you want a kitchen/WD?
In the studio you just have a kitchenette (microwave, dorm fridge, dishwasher) but in the other units you have a FULL kitchen. You could cook all/some of your meals and save tons of money. Personally, we like having the regular refrigerator (say ice!) and toaster and usually ate all our breakfasts in the room. But if we wanted to make some slice and bake cookies or store our "mike's hard lemonade! next to our gazillion bottles of water", we could!

Then there is the free Washer and Dryer in the 1BR+ (not in-room if geting a studio). So besides saving $1/load or whatever it is, you no longer have to plan a day just to do laundry. We'd put a load of wash in and go to the parks. Come back for a nap/swim and put it in the dryer. Less clothes to pack on the plane, more time in the parks.​

5. Can you afford the extra costs? Initial, Maintenance
Fees and costs for tickets, air, etc?

DVC is definitely worth it if you have the money to pay it up front without borrowing and paying interest. Sell some stock, use your inheritance, etc :goodvibes (please note I am not a financial planner!!)

Just because you no longer have to pay for a room at Disney again, doesn't mean that you will be saving money overall!! In fact, it can now cost you more! More vacations = more costs.

Your rooms will be free (or just the cost of the annual maintenance fee) but now what about food, air, rental car, tickets, souvenirs, etc?

The costs for annual maintenance fee have also increased. However, we all know the costs for rooms at Disney are also increasing.

Let's say you pay $800 in maintenance fees in one year for about 200 points. Could you get a room at Disney at a Deluxe resort for 8 nights for $800?? I think not!

That room at the Yacht Club would cost $2,500 to 3500+!! Yet you only paid $800. (This isn't an exact math b/c you obviously paid $20K for the initial investment...but over the life of the contract (SSR and AKV contracts expire in less than 50 years) it works out to very inexpensive rates.​

6. Can you plan your vacations in advance?
To use your points, you must plan in advance. There are restrictions about how/when you can "reserve" a room.

Also, if you own Saratoga Springs and want to stay at Beach Club, you can't reserve BC until 7 months in advance. However, if you own SSR and want to stay at SSR, you can reserve it 11 months in advance. If you wait too long to make your vacation, you might not get a room at all.​

7. Can you track/organize your points?
You have to do a bit of planning because your points expire. However, you can borrow next year's allotment of points so you have twice as many points to use this year. But you have to spend a bit of time knowing when your points expire, knowing how many points you'll use for each vacation, etc.​

I hope this helps!

And if you do contact DVC or Jeff, please tell them I sent you (I can give you my real name) b/c they usually have a small referral bonus for me!

I'm Northern Virginia, near Dulles Airport (west of Washington, DC)...not sure how specific you wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter