The Top Three Meet Dis-nee (CMO Contest, Part Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Justin!!!

I know I congratulated everyone in a single post a few :-)lmao: ) pages back,
BUT!!!
Now that you are here at the same time I want to congratulate you in person....welll sort of, you know.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey thanks! yeah, I'm actually here when someone else is online. YAY! I normally have this habit of sweeping in, responding to a half a dozen posts in a row and then having to leave before I can interact with anyone.

So, GLAD YOU'RE HERE!

Thanks for the congrats (and the dancing bananas!)

OOOH, someone took me up on it!! i'm in!! i would be honored to be your unofficial running mate :)

sorry, tripp....

love,
meggin

Of course I took you up on it! ;) Glad to hear you're game for it!

Meggin,

I think we'd all be worried about you if you were NOT disappointed! Nothing to apologize for there!

And for the record . . . no one on this site is a "small part" of this contest! With all of these posts, laughs, contests, awards, votes, ideas, wacky pictures, etc, etc, etc, this contest really is about YOU (in the big, general, everyone here kind of way!)

I know you've made my dreams come true, and we've all been a part of sharing so many wonderful things that for me, this kind of community is the essence of what it's all about!

So, smile proudly, Ms. Meggin! No one on this board would be the same without you and you made this contest something truly special!

aw, shucks.....:hug: thanks, justin!

do you need a cup of coffee, pixie dust, wrist guard, or anything? as well as being unofficial vice-CMO, i can also be your personal assistant.

love,
meggin

While Im at it Meggin, I am sorry to hear the news.
Im not good at this type of thing......
Loss for words....
Ummmm....

:confused3

aw, shucks.....:hug: thanks, justin!

do you need a cup of coffee, pixie dust, wrist guard, or anything? as well as being unofficial vice-CMO, i can also be your personal assistant.

love,
meggin

Ha! That's a dangerous job you're volunteering for there, Meg. You're talking to the guy who sprained his neck jumping rope as a kid and who threw his shoulder all out of whack conducting a church orchestra... You might have your hands full!

Pixie dust is always welcome though!

Okay, everyone...drum roll please...

Both biological parents signed over their rights before we went into the courtroom. It was sad and hard. Lots of tears from all of us. They both wanted so much to raise her, but really and truly, she would not have been safe with them. In addition, she's developmentally delayed in speech and physical tasks, and neither parent would have realized that and been able to get her the help she needed. We're not perfect parents by any stretch of the imagination, but she will be safe and we'll provide every opportunity for her to reach her full potential. Besides that, she's in our hearts and we love her so much. We are now free to start adoption proceedings which will hopefully be completed by sometime this summer. Had I known that the prayers and pixie dust from this group would have produced such immediate and astonishing results, I would have asked for them long ago! Thanks to you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

I'm sorry to bring out the family photos, but I just can't resist one more. She's almost our little girl now.

RSCN4245-1.jpg

i'm sure this was really difficult, especially because the heartache came from witnessing so much love on the part of everyone involved.

i'm so glad that your prayers were answered. she's a lucky (and beautiful) little girl!

love,
meggin

While Im at it Meggin, I am sorry to hear the news.
Im not good at this type of thing......
Loss for words....
Ummmm....

:confused3

*clears throat* um, so how's that weather?

oh, and thanks for the sentiment--i mean, that was cool and stuff. yeah.

*clears throat* wow, so, about that weather...

love,
meggin

Ha! That's a dangerous job you're volunteering for there, Meg. You're talking to the guy who sprained his neck jumping rope as a kid and who threw his shoulder all out of whack conducting a church orchestra... You might have your hands full!

i might suggest wearing the helmet full-time, mr. muchoney, sir.

love,
meggin

Don't know if this was pointed out already, but do you see a similarity between the Top 10 Rejection email...

And the Top 20 Rejection email...

They even both have the same typo: "we regret to inform you that have not been selected..."

Yikes! (It was either a typo, or someone meant for "you" to read "y'all. ...Sort of a blanket statement to the masses: "We regret to inform you folks who have not been selected..." More personalized "love" to soften the blow. :rolleyes: )

After we launch our own contest-fulfillment company (threeguysandagal suggested the name "CONTESTS 'R US"), we should publish a book entitled "Everybody Needs an Editor: A Cautionary Tale" ;)

oh, we really have TOO MUCH in common. i am an accident waiting to happen--you should ask my friends about how often i fall down. it's a thing with me. i also almost cut off the tip of my finger in a show once. yep, that's me :) i'm trip-er-iffic.

love,
meggin

*clears throat* um, so how's that weather?

oh, and thanks for the sentiment--i mean, that was cool and stuff. yeah.

*clears throat* wow, so, about that weather...

love,
meggin

Yeah....Yeah...the weathers been ....ahhh......weatherly type weather....

OH Heck!!!
You got robbed girl!!!!

After we launch our own contest-fulfillment company (threeguysandagal suggested the name "CONTESTS 'R US"), we should publish a book entitled "Everybody Needs an Editor: A Cautionary Tale" ;)

that made me laugh out loud--i sometimes work as an editor, and you wouldn't BELIEVE the things that writers don't catch. i'm constantly reading websites and programs and finding errors. of course, sometimes i type too fast on the boards, and i've been guilty of some atrocious errors myself.....

love,
meggin

Yeah....Yeah...the weathers been ....ahhh......weatherly type weather....

OH Heck!!!
You got robbed girl!!!!

aw, that's sweet! i appreciate the compliment, but it obviously wasn't meant to be....

i need to find another disney dream to chase....

love,
meggin

I seem to have to write that book every time I log on to this thread
:rolleyes1

i might suggest wearing the helmet full-time, mr. muchoney, sir.

love,
meggin

Not a bad idea! I'm guessing I could even find a way to inflict harm on myself while folding towels or painting faces!

well, goodnight sweet princes and princesses...i have to be up in a few hours with enough energy to chase after the children at the gym...thank goodness for dunkin donuts coffee....

love,
meggin

oh, we really have TOO MUCH in common. i am an accident waiting to happen--you should ask my friends about how often i fall down. it's a thing with me. i also almost cut off the tip of my finger in a show once. yep, that's me :) i'm trip-er-iffic.

love,
meggin

Have you seen the show "The Drousy Chaperone"?? It's a very funny musical and it has a number titled "I'm an Accident Waiting to Happen". Funny stuff!

Yikes! (It was either a typo, or someone meant for "you" to read "y'all. ...Sort of a blanket statement to the masses: "We regret to inform you folks who have not been selected..." More personalized "love" to soften the blow. :rolleyes: )

As always, you're making me laugh, DISgeeks!

well, goodnight sweet princes and princesses...i have to be up in a few hours with enough energy to chase after the children at the gym...thank goodness for dunkin donuts coffee....

love,
meggin

Goodnight Meggin! Have a great day tomorrow!

I think I'm going to have to check out too. . .

Goodnight gang! Catch you all again tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter