• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Timekeeper's Replacement

DisneyWorldExpert

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the c
I have some bad news to fans of the Timekeeper attraction. WDW has replaced it with a Monsters, Inc. attraction called "The Laugh Floor Comedy Club." This attraction is somewhat similar to EPCOT's "Turtle Talk with Crush." The attraction is scheduled to open in January 2007. I don't see why they need another attraction similar to another one in a different theme park. :confused3

Timekeeper seemed to be closed more then opened so at least it's and area not going to wait.

I don't see why they need another attraction similar to another one in a different theme park.

Because Turtle Talk is a massive hit, probably.

DisneyWorldExpert said:
I don't see why they need another attraction similar to another one in a different theme park.

Using that logic, they would never have built O Canada! or Reflections of China at Epcot, since they already had a Circlevision movie at MK. Or, they would never have built MuppetVision 3D, It's Tough to Be a Bug, or Mickey's PhilharMagic, since they already had Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and didn't need more than 1 3D movie.

While I enjoyed Timekeeper, and thought the addition of Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman were inspired casting, the attraction was virtually empty the last few times I saw it, and the film was getting a little worn in places. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Monsters Inc. club is like!

I think you need to give it a chance. Guests may enjoy the new attraction. At least it will be open more than Time Keeper.

I remember the Timekeeper was kinda cool when I was there last. Its to bad its gone now but this new attraction sounds really cool! :artist:

Loved the Timekeeper, I'll miss it, don't remember Rhea Perlman in the film though.

What type of Monsters Inc. "club" ride is it going to be? An actual ride, 3D movie, or like the timekeeper just a different film? And When will the refurbishment be offically done and the ride is open? :confused3

Daryl said:
Loved the Timekeeper, I'll miss it, don't remember Rhea Perlman in the film though.

She wasnt in the film but the voice of the flying camera robot thing IIRC.

PrincessKally said:
What type of Monsters Inc. "club" ride is it going to be? An actual ride, 3D movie, or like the timekeeper just a different film? And When will the refurbishment be offically done and the ride is open? :confused3

I believe it's going to be similar to Turtle Talk with Crush but on a bigger scale. Might be more fun for the entire family. I like this idea and am looking forward to seeing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter