The time has come

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Ok gang the time has come for me to overcome being nervous about starting scrapbook poages and just jump in!!! I have 2 WDW trips to scrap and we go back in OCTOBER!!! Ok so as soon as I get my craft room cleaned in a couple weeks I need to at least start!!!! But where do I begin????? I have never scrapbooked but hav3e been collecting things for a little over a year to start!!!

Starting an album is always hard for me. When I first got started a freind was a Creative Memories consultant and helped me through the first few pages. After that I used idea books to get me going.
First, I'd decide on a title page. I've used titling and some stickers or journalling and a couple of pictures for title pages.
Second, I like to coordinate background paper and mats to the colors of the photos. Then add stickers or whatever embellishments will enhance the page. My advice is to go easy onthe embellishments to start. You don't want to get overwhelmed in the beginning.

As I journal I like to think about my family is looking at the album in 25-50 years and the kids asking "Who is that? Where were we?" so I try to answer those kinds of questions with my journalling.
It also helps to get a little photo keeper/file box and put the photos together like you want them in the book. For example, I usually scrap in chronological order. But for WDW trips where we bounce from park to park I prefer to scrap each park in its' own section. Does that make sense?
This is a great hobby. Have fun and come back here often with questions! :)

I've been scrapping on and off for a year now but still need to go back and journal on my finished pages. We went to Disney in May and I just had to say how inspired I am by your layouts. I loved the background pages you used, esp. the main street page. But most importantly, you seemed to have had a magical trip and really got to experince a variety of things! Thanks for sharing!

I've been scrapping on and off for a year now but still need to go back and journal on my finished pages. We went to Disney in May and I just had to say how inspired I am by your layouts. I loved the background pages you used, esp. the main street page. But most importantly, you seemed to have had a magical trip and really got to experince a variety of things! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks....Ive been having a blast doing these pages. Im not quite done yet, I still have some misc pics to work on. Then I need to get some pocket pages done and all my journaling.
I am planning to write a trip report and print that out as the majority of my journaling. I figure by the time the album is done I will be packing for my next trip (March 2004)

Hey Holly!! I am so happy to see you over here!! :):) Jump right in and ask away, these expert scrapbookers can give you all kinds of advice on anything!! :):)

I love your pages!!! They are wonderful. Very Disney without being over the top cutesy! I love the Dopey Background paper.....we dont have kids yet, but even still I sometimes feel the need to "over-disney" my pages! YOu have the best balance!

Originally posted by poohbear1029
I love your pages!!! They are wonderful. Very Disney without being over the top cutesy! I love the Dopey Background paper.....we dont have kids yet, but even still I sometimes feel the need to "over-disney" my pages! YOu have the best balance!

Aww, thanks. Im pretty proud of the way things have been turning out.
I bought all sorts of Disney themed paper, but most of the time my pics just didnt look right on that paper.
The Dopey paper is from Club Scrap. You dont find too much paper that has purple and lime green that will also match with a kid in jeans and a red shirt. This stuff was absolutely perfect colorwise. I was thrilled when I found it in my stash of paper.
Thanks again for the wonderful compliments.

well, first I would go thru my pics and decide how I wanted to organize the album...by park, by character, etc. THEN (and this is MY FAVORITE part) I would go buy some paper!!!!! PAPER PAPER PAPER!! i LOVE Paper!

There's lots of fabulous Disney-themed things out there and even more stuff that's workable with Disney. For example, there's Jungle Leaves font that would go great with AK pics, Jungle Cruise. There are ideas books themed specifically to Disney with papers, cutouts included. Be sure to buy some plain cardstock, too, in coordinating colors-especially the reds, blacks, and white to go with the paper.

I also agree w/bananiem, I would purchase extras sparingly at first...I have yet to use a punch, corner rounder, embossing or rubber stamp. Only a few fibers and a couple charms. All you really need at first is paper and glue.

If you haven't been to twopeasinabucket.com you might want to check out the Peanut Gallery....hundreds and hundreds of fabulous layouts posted for inspiration. Read a few SB mags, too, like Creating Keepsakes, Making Memories, etc.--more ideas & inspiration. Pretty soon the SB supplies will start 'talking' to you when you go shopping. You'll start to get a feel for what you want. Don't let yourself feel overwhelmed...if you read the twopeas message board, you will see that there is no 'right' way and everybody scraps differently.

Actually, I lied...the first thing I would do (if I knew then what I know now) is ask myself if I really WANT another obsession! LOL:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter