• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Three Musketeers do Disney (10/25 to 11/03) *Pre-Trip Planning and Information*

*Wish*Upon*A*Star*

Mommy of an Angel
Well, this is my first attempt at a trip report and I didn't take any notes, so here goes:

Cast of Characters:

Marsha ~ *ME!* ~ 23 years old, trip planner, 4th trip to Disney World
Alex ~ *DH* ~ Turned 24 years old on trip, 3rd trip to Disney World
JR ~ *My Brother-in-law, Alex's brother* ~ 18 years old, 1st (real) trip to Disney World

Special Appearances by:

Carol ~ *my Mom* ~ age withheld, 3rd trip to Disney World
Bob ~ *my Dad* ~ age also withheld, 3rd trip to Disney World

*Pre-Trip Planning and Information*

Well, this trip has been in the works since November 2nd of last year… :wave: that is the exact day we left the magic of Disney to come back to reality. And, we knew that we needed to go back. And, so it was decided. We would go back to Disney to celebrate Alex’s birthday (and, it seems like it will be an annual tradition :bounce: ). Anyway, I called around to different travel Agents, WDTC, the Disney Club, etc., and then, finally settled on Dreams Unlimited Travel. (And I am so glad I went with them). We booked the trip in February for 9 nights at the All Star Music Resort. We had decided to go with the Discovery Magic Package- not because it was the most cost effective package for us, but simply because it allows us to budget better for our vacation- with meals, etc. So, it was settled. Or so I thought…

I started talking to my brother-in-law, who was 17 years old at the time, about how we had booked our trip and we were really excited about it, and he just smiled. And, after I thought a while, I decided- why not ask him to join us? Sure, it won’t be as romantic if he comes with us, but who cares? We don’t have any children (yet), and I love my brother-in-law very much, so why not? He has only had the chance to go to Disney World once, when he was only 7 or so, and it was one of those “teaser” :tongue: visits- where his parents took him only to MGM for one day, and then they went and visited Gatorland or something else. So, we told him that we would take him as a late birthday (his birthday is in May), early Christmas present… and he was very excited, too. It was so cute to watch him search the Internet for information about Pleasure Island and the clubs, etc. My husband and I have been together (as a couple) for 8 years, so I have watched JR grow up. I feel so old now that he is so grown up!

For a few days during our trip, my parents will be staying at Port Orleans- Riverside, and we will try to meet up with them for a few meals and rides and that. They celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary on October 30th in Disney World, which is where they honeymooned
:earsgirl: :earsboy: . Isn’t that sweet? After their visit at Disney, they will head down to Ft Lauderdale to spend a few days checking out all of the yachts and cruise ships (my dad is a huge boat freak :crazy: ).

Well as our trip grew closer and closer, we began to get more and more excited, but then there were the terrorist attacks on September 11th and we were hesitant to travel at all, especially by air. However, after talking (and talking and talking... ;) ) about everything, we decided to go as planned. After all, we had been looking forward to this trip for a year now, and why should we let the terrorists ruin our vacation? :mad:

Also, since we were celebrating two special occasions, I had (secretly) planned to have some gifts sent to both rooms upon check in. I utilized the services of Cindy Barnes at Pixie Gifts, and I must say she did a fabulous job!! I will post more about the gifts further into the trip report...

I would also like to say that if you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask!! I would love to help in any way that I can :)

Go to Day One- Airport, Magic Kingdom, and Chef Mickeys
Go toDay Two- Epcot, Garden Grill, and Rose & Crown Pub

Sounds like the trip is going to be great! And that is so sweet to take your brother in law....Looking forward to reading the trip report.

Beth

What a wonderful "new" tradition I can't think of a better thing to do once a year! Your trip report is going really good! I can't wait to read about your suprises!!! ;)

You're so nice to take your young BIL along for your trip to WDW.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip :)

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter