The 'This-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' TRIP REPORT! Sept/Oct 2012

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
We are home! :sad1:

We arrived back last Monday (8th October) and what a MAGICAL time we had, we just both cannot believe how quickly those 14 days went... :confused3

So to bring back that Disney magic, I am looking forward to sharing our holiday and memories with you all, so lets begin...!

Quick overview:

The Cast:

Me - I am Kat, I'm 25 and this is only my SECOND trip to WDW (I know, I know). My first trip was in 2000 with my parents and I barely went on anything so this trip will be like my first time at WDW.

6a3af781.jpg

My DBF Karl. He is 26 and this is his FIRST trip to The World! (I am so excited for him :hyper:)

fe12fe0a.jpg

When & where:

23 September 2012 - 7 October 2012

Staying at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando.

The (original) plan:

24/9 Epcot (possibly Illuminations)
25/9 Magic Kingdom
26/9 Animal Kingdom
27/9 Lazy Day
28/9 Universal Studios
29/9 Hollywood Studios
30/9 Lazy Day

1/10 I.O.A
2/10 Universal Studios
3/10 Lazy Day followed by Magic Kingdom @ 8 for Electrical Parade and then Wishes
4/10 Epcot for Food & Wine Festival (possibly Illuminations)
5/10 I.O.A
6/10 Sea World and then Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic.

So thats pretty much it! :thumbsup2
For my full pre-trippy see here

So lets begin...! Enjoy pixiedust:

pixiedust: Contents page.
I Will be listing in date order to make it easier to read :thumbsup2

22/09 - Final preparations...!
23/09 - Travel day!!! Planes, maps and turbulence!

24/09 Day 1 - First park: Epcot! Characters, rides & dancing with Chip! (Part 1)
Day 1: Epcot! Characters, rides & dancing with Chip! (Part 2)
Day 1: Epcot! Characters, rides & dancing with Chip! (Part 3)

25/09 Day 2: Magic Kingdom! Tears, magic and memories! (Part 1)
Day 2: Magic Kingdom! Tears, magic and memories! (Part 2)
Day2: Magic Kingdom! Tears, magic and memories! (Part 3)
Day 2: Magic Kingdom! Tears, magic and memories! (Part 4)

26/9 Day 3: Animal Kingdom! Bugs, soaking shorts and a Yeti! (Part 1)
Day 3: Animal Kingdom! Bugs, soaking shorts and a Yeti! (Part 2)
Day 3: Animal Kingdom! Bugs, soaking shorts and a Yeti! (Part 3)
Day 3: Animal Kingdom! Bugs, soaking shorts and a Yeti! (Part 4)

27/9 Day 4: Lazy day, lightening and tears!

28/09 Day 5: Universal Studios! No camera=no photographs! OH NO!

29/09 Day 6: Hollywood Studios! Lights, Camera and...lift shafts?! (Part 1)
Day 6: Hollywood Studios! Lights, Camera and...lift shafts?! (Part 2)
Day 6: Hollywood Studios! Lights, Camera and...lift shafts?! (Part 3)
Day 6: Hollywood Studios! Lights, Camera and...lift shafts?! (Part 4)

30/09 Day 7: Sunburn, swimming and Hard Rocking!!

01/10 Day 8: Islands of Adventure! Dinosaurs, rain and Wizards! (Part 1)
Day 8: Islands of Adventure! Dinosaurs, rain and Wizards! (Part 2)
Day 8: Islands of Adventure! Dinosaurs, rain and Wizards! (Part 3)

02/10 Day 9: Universal Studios! Camera=Photographs and a trip to the Movies! (Part 1)
Day 9: Universal Studios! Camera=Photographs and a trip to the Movies! (Part 2)
Day 9: Universal Studios! Camera=photographs and a trip to the Movies! (Part 3)

03/10 Day 10: Rain, rain and more rain with a slight chance of a parade. (Part 1)
Day 10: Rain, rain and more rain with a slight chance of a parade. (Part 2) *Picture heavy*

04/10 Day 11: Around the world in 80 bites and a rainy IllumiNations. (Part 1)
Day 11: Around the world in 80 bites and a rainy IllumiNations. (Part 2)

05/10 Day 12: Sea monsters, dolphins and an Arctic helicopter ride from hell...! (Part 1)
05/10 Day 12: Sea monsters, dolphins and an Arctic helicopter ride from hell...! (Part 2)
05/10 Day 12: Sea monsters, dolphins and an Arctic helicopter ride from hell...! (Part 3)

06/10 Day 13: Our last full day...

07/10 Day 14: Flying home and dreaming of our memories.

Final word from us...

I've just caught up on yout TR so far and have really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more!! I got teary eyed when you wrote about crying at rope drop at MK, that is SO me!!! :) Glad you enjoyed your trip, you're making me really excited about ours now :goodvibes

Wills Mom said:
I've just caught up on yout TR so far and have really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more!! I got teary eyed when you wrote about crying at rope drop at MK, that is SO me!!! :) Glad you enjoyed your trip, you're making me really excited about ours now :goodvibes

Aww thanks :) I was so upset but it was happy crying :)
I hope you have a great time! When do you go?

Thats the thing about WDW - it always makes me cry happy tears! From the first time we were there I just fell in love! We got engaged there, had our honeymoon there and brought back the ultimate pixie dust - our DS :) We're bringing him back for his first trip (of many I hope!) in May :goodvibes Reading your TR has been excellent, thank you for sharing and I can't wait to read the rest :)

Wills Mom said:
Thats the thing about WDW - it always makes me cry happy tears! From the first time we were there I just fell in love! We got engaged there, had our honeymoon there and brought back the ultimate pixie dust - our DS :) We're bringing him back for his first trip (of many I hope!) in May :goodvibes Reading your TR has been excellent, thank you for sharing and I can't wait to read the rest :)

I hope you all have a wonderful time (I'm so jealous!) :)

I will be adding some more today! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful time (I'm so jealous!) :)

I will be adding some more today! :)

Thank you :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to it now! 172 days and counting :lmao: Really looking forward to the rest of your report! I think I'm obsessed with reading them and re-living WDW through other guests eyes! :rotfl2:

Thank you :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to it now! 172 days and counting :lmao: Really looking forward to the rest of your report! I think I'm obsessed with reading them and re-living WDW through other guests eyes! :rotfl2:

I wish I was going again! Maybe in a few years! :sad:

I LOVED reading them before we went. It kind of gave me an idea of things not to miss etc!

Are you going to write one? ::yes::

Day 2 is now all finished people! Sorry its been so long!

Next day is Animal Kingdom which I shall start shortly!

:cool1:

Hello everyone! I am sorry I haven't updated my report for so long! I have been having major Disney blues and have stayed away from the Dis! :(

I will be updating it next week! Thank you everyone for reading! :) x

Just wanted to say that I loved your report! Looked like you had an awesome time! Loved the pictures of the animal kingdom. I haven't been to disney for nearly ten years but Hopfully may visit this year! So reading your report gave me a good disney fix!
Excited to read the rest of your report.

Gazzzwilliams said:
Just wanted to say that I loved your report! Looked like you had an awesome time! Loved the pictures of the animal kingdom. I haven't been to disney for nearly ten years but Hopfully may visit this year! So reading your report gave me a good disney fix!
Excited to read the rest of your report.

Thank you very much :) That means a lot! I am determined to carry on with it soon I just haven't wanted to come on here as it makes me sound! Sounds silly doesn't it! :)

Thank you for reading

Hi - this is the first post I have ever written on here - just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your trip report. I am going in September and am going to have to copy your nails they are so cute.

pinkcardigan said:
Hi - this is the first post I have ever written on here - just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed your trip report. I am going in September and am going to have to copy your nails they are so cute.

Aww thank you! My nails drew a lot of attention when we were over there! :)

Hello people :wave2:

Again, I am sorry it's been a while! Been very busy and also Karl and I got engaged in January so been planning things! :love:

I have started to write again now so some more should be popping up on here! PLEASE keep reading, I know it's a lot but I have been putting my heart in to these and it brings back wonderful memories for us!

Thank you for reading :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your engagement!!

I've been a lurker on your TR but thought I'd come out of the woodwork hehe! Xx

Congratulations on your engagement!!

I've been a lurker on your TR but thought I'd come out of the woodwork hehe! Xx

Thank you and also thanks for reading! I know it's LOADS to read but it makes me so happy writing it and sharing my memories and there is just so much to tell, haha! :)

Thank you for baring with me while I write it! :)

kittykitty87 said:
Thank you and also thanks for reading! I know it's LOADS to read but it makes me so happy writing it and sharing my memories and there is just so much to tell, haha! :)

Thank you for baring with me while I write it! :)

I was like that with my TR, and my holiday videos on YouTube! It wss like a form of therapy, getting over the Disney blues and reminiscing! Looking forward to hearing more :-) xx

I was like that with my TR, and my holiday videos on YouTube! It wss like a form of therapy, getting over the Disney blues and reminiscing! Looking forward to hearing more :-) xx

That is sooooo true! I have been thinking about it a lot lately and about how I cant wait to go back again in few years (fingers crossed) :hyper:

I keep trying to get Karl to consider a Disneymoon but I haven't quite convinced him yet...I'm working on it though...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter