The 'this-was-supposed-to-be-a-holiday-to-Mexico' PTR!

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone :wave2: and :welcome: to my PTR.

I have left it a little late but now I am making a start :cheer2:. Only 2 weeks to go and panicking to the max but here goes.

The Cast:

Me - I am Kat, I'm 25 and this is only my SECOND trip to WDW :scared1: (I know, I know). My first trip was in 2000 with my parents and I barely went on anything so this trip will be like my first time at WDW :goodvibes.

6a3af781.jpg

I am a little crazy and quite loud which comes in useful as I am part of a pantomime group called The Eccumaniacs. Last year our show was 'Puss In Boots' and this year it is 'Snow White'. As I type this I am nervous about the auditions tomorrow. I am going for the Evil Queen so keep your fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

My favourite Disney film is...ooooh...hang on, this is a tough one :confused3...I have to say...Aladdin...Lion King...oh I cant decided. I love them all!

I have been the planner of this trip and I am uber excited :hyper: as is...

My DBF Karl. He is 26 and this is his FIRST trip to The World! (I am so excited for him :goodvibes)

fe12fe0a.jpg

He is a little crazy just like me and has been very patient with me whilst I have been talking about WDW non-stop, panicking, planning etc etc! :love: He loves Disney too and his favourite Disney film is Aladdin and Pixar film is Cars (he wishes Cars Land was in Florida).

As mentioned above, he has never been to WDW before so this will be a whole new experience for him. He is also designated driver :drive: for the 2 weeks (which I don't think he is too excited about! :worried:) As some of you might have seen on here, he recently surprised me by upgrading us to First Class on our flight there and back :dance3: How magical pixiedust:.

The background:

So, back in October 2011, we decided to take a trip into First Choice and look at holidays. We had been discussing going to Mexico (hence the title of this PTR) and as we were looking at the brochures in the shop Karl and I had a conversation that went something like this:

Me: "How about we go to Florida?"
Karl: "Ok!"

and it was as easy as that :rotfl:! Never in a million years did I think that a) he would go for it and b) that I would ever get to go back and after nearly and hour talking to the agent, Karl said those magic words: "We will take it!" (cue me running to toilet and bursting in to tears :sad:).

So here we are nearly a year later and we are both VERY excited...:yay:.

The Plan:

Well to be honest there is no plan! "WHAT??" :scared1: I hear you cry! You heard me right. All we have planned is the best park to go to on what day. We aren't planning what order to do rides, where exactly we are going to eat we haven't even booked any ADR's :crazy2:. (I imagine I have just lost a lot of readers!) Rookie mistake?...maybe, but we are planning on doing it our own way and having an amazing time :cheer2:.

We are flying from Bristol on 23 September and staying for 2 weeks. We're staying at The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando on IDrive (not onsite I know!), we have car hire, 14 day unlimited passes for Disney and 2 park unlimited passes for Universal Studios and I.O.A.

24/9 Epcot (possibly Illuminations)
25/9 Magic Kingdom
26/9 Animal Kingdom
27/9 Lazy Day
28/9 Universal Studios
29/9 Hollywood Studios
30/9 Lazy Day

1/10 I.O.A
2/10 Universal Studios
3/10 Lazy Day followed by Magic Kingdom @ 8 for Electrical Parade and then Wishes
4/10 Epcot for Food & Wine Festival (possibly Illuminations)
5/10 I.O.A
6/10 Sea World and then Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic.

This is just a rough guide and allows room for change if needs be!

So, there we have it. I am pretty sure we will need a holiday when we get back :rotfl2:. I hope you have enjoyed it so far and I look forward to updating you all on our most magical vacation...! pixiedust:

Great start :thumbsup2 good luck tomorrow with the audition pixiedust:

Thank you very much :thumbsup2 It's the first time I have written one so I'm quite excited about writing the TR when we get back too :cheer2:

Thanks for the support about the audition :thumbsup2 Nervous about it, but hopefully I'll get it :maleficen. Im hoping some Disney magic might be with me pixiedust:

Sounds awesome! We aren't staying on site either but I actually like International drive.

We go on the 17th and we are discussing our next trip already. I've made some ADRs so we have an excuse to have a nose around some of the Disney hotels.

Have a magical holiday and good luck for your audition.

I should really do a PTR. I'm just a bit lazy lol.

Littlenemo said:
Sounds awesome! We aren't staying on site either but I actually like International drive.

We go on the 17th and we are discussing our next trip already. I've made some ADRs so we have an excuse to have a nose around some of the Disney hotels.

Have a magical holiday and good luck for your audition.

I should really do a PTR. I'm just a bit lazy lol.

I hope you have a brilliant time too :)

I would love to have a nose around them, can you go in to them randomly or do you have to be staying/eating there?

It was a bit of a mission typing my PTR however I enjoyed it :)

kittykitty87 said:
I hope you have a brilliant time too :)

I would love to have a nose around them, can you go in to them randomly or do you have to be staying/eating there?

It was a bit of a mission typing my PTR however I enjoyed it :)

I think you can. If you are driving in and they ask, just say you want to shop/eat there even if you aren't.

:)

Littlenemo said:
I think you can. If you are driving in and they ask, just say you want to shop/eat there even if you aren't.

:)

Ha, cool! Might try that then! Hopefully one day I will get to stay on site but until then, I will make do with having a nose around :)

great start!! looking forward to reading the rest :)

we have been twice and never planned, going again this christmas and guess what there is no plan :)

great start!! looking forward to reading the rest :)

we have been twice and never planned, going again this christmas and guess what there is no plan :)

Thank you :thumbsup2

I just didn't want us to be restricted to anything and I know DBF wouldn't have been keen on planning everything anyway :crazy2: I am happy we haven't planned and I thought I was the only person on here that didn't plan :rotfl2:

kittykitty87 said:
Thank you :thumbsup2

I just didn't want us to be restricted to anything and I know DBF wouldn't have been keen on planning everything anyway :crazy2: I am happy we haven't planned and I thought I was the only person on here that didn't plan :rotfl2:

I don't know what I'd do without a plan lol! My OH doesn't get involved and is used to my ways. He gets a bit of say but he is never even bothered lol.

Hope you have a great holiday! I have one more day at work then I'm off til I go on Monday!

I started writing a PTR but to be honest doubt I'll do it now. haha. I just like reading other people's. :)

I don't know what I'd do without a plan lol! My OH doesn't get involved and is used to my ways. He gets a bit of say but he is never even bothered lol.

Hope you have a great holiday! I have one more day at work then I'm off til I go on Monday!

I started writing a PTR but to be honest doubt I'll do it now. haha. I just like reading other people's. :)

Oooooh I hope you have a great time! :thumbsup2

You should write it! ::yes:: I have always been a bit of lurker reading LOADS of TR's on here...(I say read, more like look at the pictures:rolleyes1) I'm sure not that many people have read my PTR but I just thought I would do it anyway :goodvibes

Yay! I'm so excited to hear more!! :) You two will have an absolute ball!! ::yes:: We never planned, just plan what day is best according to touring plans ;) and we'vr always enjoyed it! Its getting sooooooo close!!!!! :)

Yay! I'm so excited to hear more!! :) You two will have an absolute ball!! ::yes:: We never planned, just plan what day is best according to touring plans ;) and we'vr always enjoyed it! Its getting sooooooo close!!!!! :)

That's good to know! I'm glad people have success without planning! Didn't want to think I was the only one who didn't plan :rotfl2:

It is getting REALLY close! Eeeeeeeek :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter