The Theme Parks, the Dining & Compeed..nailed it! (4/10) Life Update

We've never done either of the Disney water parks, even though my boys enjoy the big local water park here. I'm just not a water park person, and like @ArielSRL, I just can't take time away from the main parks :goodvibes I did promise the boys that the next time we go during a hot month I'll give in and we'll do one of the water parks, so it'll just be a matter or choosing.

We don't have Water Parks in Scotland - not really the best climate! We do have some flumes in leisure centre pools (see Scottish Interlude). Our favourite Water Park is actually Aquatica. Peter has badgered me into getting tickets for Aquatica this trip even though the Disney Water Parks are already included in our tickets.

If we had two weeks, I can definitely see us doing a water park!
So much to do so little time! Some Brits actually do 3 week trips.

Real Life Update

We have reached the end of term. My school finished up today. Ok, Alan hasn’t yet, he is still in Monday and Tuesday. I’ll need to go back in next week to get some things finished.

Last week I was at Hannah and Peter’s school for 4 nights. On Tuesday there was a senior school induction evening for Peter. On Wednesday Peter was performing in the Prep school music concert. On Thursday it was the Finalists’ performance in the school singing competition. Hannah did a lovely solo performance of “On My Own”. Then Friday was the P7 Prom.

Peter really enjoyed his P7 Prom. There are just over 100 pupils in Pete’s year. It was lovely to see them all dressed up for the occasion. It was strange to think that Peter has reached the end of his primary school years. It has come round so quickly. Here are a couple of photos of him.

I have lots of lovely photos of his friends and girlfriend. Good times!

The Pipes and Drums lent a great atmosphere to the occasion.

This week Hannah had her directing debut with the performance of a short play she had written. She was also acting in the plays for the other members of her class. I was actually a bit taken aback with the quality of her work – her subject was stillbirth and it was clear that she had researched well to give a sensitive and moving performance.

I have been so busy recently that I haven’t really paid too much attention to the fact that there was a referendum about to happen on whether the United Kingdom should remain in the European Union. I did go out to vote yesterday. I was shocked this morning to discover that the UK had voted to leave the EU. It was a close thing with 51.9% voting to leave. Scotland voted in favour of the UK staying in the EU by 62% to 38% but we only make up a small proportion of the UK population. It will open up the independence debate again in Scotland. Our Prime Minister has resigned and just after that Donald Trump arrives in his helicopter in Scotland declaring “Brexit a great thing”. I’m not going to make any political comment but I do wish I had got more dollars before the pound plummeted this morning. >:(

Handsome young man and very talented daughter!

I'm not hugely political nor do I keep up much with World news so it was a surprise to me when I read about it on FB. I'm sorry to say I don't know how all that will effect you.

How are things in Scotland today?

I must have been working on my update when you posted this. Hope I answered this. On the whole Scots aren't happy as they voted to remain in EU but will have to leave.

Handsome young man and very talented daughter!

I'm not hugely political nor do I keep up much with World news so it was a surprise to me when I read about it on FB. I'm sorry to say I don't know how all that will effect you.

Thanks - they obviously take after their mother! ;)

I'm sure you get more than enough politics in the US at the moment!

Love the pictures of Peter all dressed up! Now remind me again how old he is...........the school system is so different over there. "Prom" here is for seniors, as in their last year of school at age 17/18. Ricky just finished "middle school" or Jr. High at age 14 so has 4 years left, in high school.
Fantastic about Hannah and her play on stillbirth. A very serious subject that one would need lots of compassion about to put on a performance that would be touching and not upsetting. Kudos to her!
And :cheer2: for your single digit dance, I'm very jealous! Now don't go forgetting about us over here reading your TR!!!

Love the pictures of Peter all dressed up! Now remind me again how old he is...........the school system is so different over there. "Prom" here is for seniors, as in their last year of school at age 17/18. Ricky just finished "middle school" or Jr. High at age 14 so has 4 years left, in high school.
Fantastic about Hannah and her play on stillbirth. A very serious subject that one would need lots of compassion about to put on a performance that would be touching and not upsetting. Kudos to her!
And :cheer2: for your single digit dance, I'm very jealous! Now don't go forgetting about us over here reading your TR!!!

He scrubs up quite well! He's 11. The Scottish school system has children do 7 years at primary school and 4-6 years at secondary school. Children born between March of a given year and February of the following year are in the same year group. Children starting primary school will be age between 4.5 and 5.5 years. Most young people stay to the end of 6th year at secondary school (High School). Prom at the end of High School is celebrated here now - not so when I was at school. It has now also crept into the end of primary school. The question of who they were taking to Prom? has been big for over a year now amongst Peter's year group.

Hannah did well helped by fabulous acting by her classmates she had chosen for the parts. They had to write from the stimulus "Can you talk about it?" and select an area that people had difficulty discussing. There were definitely some tears in the audience.

How could I forget about my readers?

Congrats to Peter and Hannah!
YAY FOR SINGLE DIGITS!!!

:welcome: and :thanks:. In disbelief that we are going so soon in that I need to get organised.

I hope you got some good sleep last night!

Thanks. We did get a good sleep. It took us nearly an hour and a half to get out the car park and to our hotel. The parking lot was carnage. We were up at 6am so we could get to Magic Kingdom. We got a pleasant surprise at Magic Kingdom where something special happened to us.

Thanks. We did get a good sleep. It took us nearly an hour and a half to get out the car park and to our hotel. The parking lot was carnage. We were up at 6am so we could get to Magic Kingdom. We got a pleasant surprise at Magic Kingdom where something special happened to us.
Yuck on the time it took but yay on the surprise! Can't wait to hear about it!

Have a wonderful time!! I can't wait to hear the "something special" that happened to you guys :goodvibes

Fell behind. Peter looks very nice all dressed up for his prom. Co9ngrats on Hannah and her play.

I managed to get my pounds right before the exchange was halted, literally. The machines went down 75 seconds after my order went through. I got a very good rate for my dollars to pounds. My mom missed it and I'm not sure she was able to get her pounds yet.

Enjoy your trip. Sixteen days and I leave for Scotland.

Well that's this trip all over! :sad: We are currently sitting at our gate at MCO. We were due to be flying out at 5:35pm but our flight has been delayed. We are currently due to depart at 7:15pm. Our flight will be 8 hours 15 minutes and will arrive into Glasgow airport tomorrow morning. The runway is currently closed due to severe weather (thunderstorms) so don't think anyone will be going anywhere anytime soon!

That seemed so quick...though I know it wasn't. Sorry it's over and sorry you are delayed. Safe travels! Can't wait to read all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter