The Theme Parks, the Dining & Compeed..nailed it! (4/10) Life Update

Loving the report so far! Thank you for sharing. We Honeymooned in 2002 at Universal and considered going for a day to see the HP area, but it does not seem it will be cost effective. Tell your DH we can totally relate to not wanting to leave the Disney bubble, it is really tough.

Loving the report so far! Thank you for sharing. We Honeymooned in 2002 at Universal and considered going for a day to see the HP area, but it does not seem it will be cost effective. Tell your DH we can totally relate to not wanting to leave the Disney bubble, it is really tough.

Thank you. Alan is happy that other people understand. It maybe wasn't the best idea to put him on Rip Ride Rockit so early on. Keep reading to see what we needed to do to help him relax after his traumatic first experience.

I'm in!!! What a great start!! :banana:

Good heavens, that's a BIG plane and a LONG flight! :faint: Here I complain about our 2 hours and 20 minutes in the air :blush: . You guys must have been totally exhausted when you finally got out of the airport. Travel days are so incredibly taxing, and that time difference has to be a killer.

Indeed we did enjoy the Ale House on our May trip! (we went to the Lake Buena Vista location, but the menus look pretty much identical). Did you guys like the food? Your pics look super yummy.

I am totally envious that you got to meet Edith and Agnes at Despicable Me!! I hope I'm that lucky in October!

I am in! Your family is so sweet! I have a daughter named Hannah, she is 12. We haven't done Universal yet, so I am enjoying your trip report and taking notes. I would love to spend a couple of days at Universal then heading back to Disney bubble. Maybe next year.

I'm in!!! What a great start!! :banana:

Good heavens, that's a BIG plane and a LONG flight! :faint: Here I complain about our 2 hours and 20 minutes in the air :blush: . You guys must have been totally exhausted when you finally got out of the airport. Travel days are so incredibly taxing, and that time difference has to be a killer.

Indeed we did enjoy the Ale House on our May trip! (we went to the Lake Buena Vista location, but the menus look pretty much identical). Did you guys like the food? Your pics look super yummy.

I am totally envious that you got to meet Edith and Agnes at Despicable Me!! I hope I'm that lucky in October!

Thanks Gina! Great to have you along. It is a big plane - the science of how a big plane with so many passengers can stay up in the sky still bamboozles me. Lots of people in the UK fly indirect to save money and lots of Scots fly from English airports. England and Scotland have different school holiday periods. We did enjoy the food. Hannah and Peter were planning to have fajitas at Confisco Grille so were happy to get some elsewhere.

It was great meeting Edith and Agnes. I would have liked to have met Margo too as I think Hannah and Margo are look-a-likes! Hopefully you'll get to meet them in October.

I am in! Your family is so sweet! I have a daughter named Hannah, she is 12. We haven't done Universal yet, so I am enjoying your trip report and taking notes. I would love to spend a couple of days at Universal then heading back to Disney bubble. Maybe next year.

That's great you can join us. Great choice of name for your daughter! Sweet isn't a word I would normally use for my family. Hopefully you will get some tips for the future - feel free to ask any questions.

Great pictures!! Looks like an amazing trip :)

Thanks - We did have a great trip!

Day Two Part Two: 'Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!'

Saturday 4th July 2015

We headed round to ‘Springfield’ to go on The Simpsons Ride, which is one of Alan’s favourites and we felt it best to indulge him given his recent ‘trauma’. Before going on the ride, we stopped off at Marge and Homer’s living room to have our photographs taken. The green screen photos worked out well and the team member taking them was friendly and chatty.

Our Express Passes ensured that we moved quickly to the pre-ride loading area. The simulator ride was just as much fun as we remembered it. Alan then mentioned that he would really like to go and see the Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue so we headed round for the 11am show. This show was light-hearted and upbeat with some talented performers.

By this stage Peter was desperate to get onto another ride. We headed to The Mummy. Alan had clearly begun to recover as he scooped up Hannah and Peter directing me to wait with the bags. They quickly returned and I took Hannah and Peter on another expedition. The second photo is not in our account but I do at least have proof that Alan did go on a coaster at Universal.

There go those Minions again!

I’d read before going that there weren’t very many Freestyle machines. We certainly never struggled in Universal and there were lots of quiet places to sit.

It seemed like Alan had returned to his usual self. In this photo he seems to be doing a Sam the Eagle impression:

The plan for the afternoon was to get a quick bite to eat and tackle the wet rides at Islands of Adventure before heading back to Hard Rock Hotel. Off to King’s Cross Station we go.

20052321179_2a14dea59f_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there! Really enjoying your report so far, we head to Universal in a few weeks for our first family trip! DH and I were there 15 years ago and I remember the Beetlejuice show - loved it - wondering if it's changed at all lol!

Excellent pictures! Love the characters at Universal as much as WDW. Long flights are not my idea of fun. After 3 movies, I'm ready to get off. And yeah, airline food is not the best, but mostly edible, and it gives you something to do.

Following along.

LOL did you notice the guy on the Rip Ride Rockit ride flipping off the camera? I'm surprised Universal gives the photos out to people. When I was on Splash Mountain an idiot kid behind us took his shirt off and they erased the picture. Couldn't even see it. The CM got us on the next boat to ride again...this time no nudity :)

Joining in! Can't wait to read more

:welcome: Plenty more to come.

Hi there! Really enjoying your report so far, we head to Universal in a few weeks for our first family trip! DH and I were there 15 years ago and I remember the Beetlejuice show - loved it - wondering if it's changed at all lol!

Hi! Glad you are enjoying the trip report. Hope you have a fantastic trip. You'll see a lot of changes from 15 years ago. The Beetlejuice revue was updated in 2014 and added in some new characters such as Cleopatra and Phantasia. I think they also made it a bit more family friendly. The only thing is you might not be able to get some of the songs out of your head. My two are still singing 'Annie are you OK?' at regular intervals.

Excellent pictures! Love the characters at Universal as much as WDW. Long flights are not my idea of fun. After 3 movies, I'm ready to get off. And yeah, airline food is not the best, but mostly edible, and it gives you something to do.

Following along.

Thanks. There are some great characters at Universal...more to follow. The flight wasn't too bad it was just the extra hours added on at Orlando airport that was the real pain.

Great report so far! That was one long plane ride.

Thank you. Unfortunately that is the quickest way for us to get to the US otherwise I'd be there much more often.

LOL did you notice the guy on the Rip Ride Rockit ride flipping off the camera? I'm surprised Universal gives the photos out to people. When I was on Splash Mountain an idiot kid behind us took his shirt off and they erased the picture. Couldn't even see it. The CM got us on the next boat to ride again...this time no nudity :)

Well, that is disappointing! Don't you worry I'll sort out that cheeky chappie with a well positioned border! At least it wasn't one of mine. Can you imagine here I am on Rip Ride Rockit with my children. You did what?

We would all be like "Hey! Those boys are doing backwards peace signs! How adorable"

I'm a bit like that when Hannah's on instagram. What sign is that girl making in that mirror selfie?

Great repot so far!! Great shot of the minions-too bad there wasn't a photographer, was that because it was so early? Or is that more typical?

We will be checking in to HRH early, as you did, and heading directly to the parks too. So, glad to hear it was a smooth process.

We have the photopass so would love to hear more about how that worked on each ride. Did you have to stop and get a code each time, and then do you enter the numbers that night? On a website? What is the purpose of the card on your lanyard then? Sorry for all the questions:guilty:.

Thanks for the link over on Universal boards.....would never have found you otherwise :thumbsup2

There is something special about the Virgin Jumbo's isn't there!! We fly from Manchester usually and the last couple of years have been the A330's......I like 4 engines for a 9 hour flight!!! And the flight passes fairly quickly I find.....by the time you watch a couple of movies and they feed you twice.......you're there!!

Glad you enjoyed Universal............look forward to reading more. we are the opposite of your DH......we never want to leave our Universal bubble .....lol......

Nice pictures.....and lovely family.........:)

Awesome pics once again!! We missed the Beetlejuice show and now I'm kicking myself. Its on the agenda for October for sure :thumbsup2 .

I love, LOVE the Simpsons photos.....so fun! I love that whole area of the park, to be honest. Nothing like strolling down the streets of Springfield, dancing to "Do the Bart Man" :dancer:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter