The Theme Parks, the Dining & Compeed..nailed it! (4/10) Life Update

Yuck on the time it took but yay on the surprise! Can't wait to hear about it!

Have a wonderful time!! I can't wait to hear the "something special" that happened to you guys :goodvibes

I am leaning towards starting a new trip report but 14 days is such a long trip report and I'm only half way through the last one! Saying that the surprise was on our first full day so would get to quickly.

Fell behind. Peter looks very nice all dressed up for his prom. Co9ngrats on Hannah and her play.

Thanks!

I managed to get my pounds right before the exchange was halted, literally. The machines went down 75 seconds after my order went through. I got a very good rate for my dollars to pounds. My mom missed it and I'm not sure she was able to get her pounds yet.

Enjoy your trip. Sixteen days and I leave for Scotland.

It's a great time to come to the UK in terms of exchange rate. We really felt the difference on this trip and things felt much more expensive. We had a really good trip. Not too long before you arrive here. We had our hottest day this year today at 30 degrees centigrade today (high 80s F) but it is not due to last.

That seemed so quick...though I know it wasn't. Sorry it's over and sorry you are delayed. Safe travels! Can't wait to read all about it!

We finally took off at 8:40pm so we were at the airport for about 7 hours. I kept thinking about all the good things I could have been doing with that day especially given we still had park tickets. We arrived into Glasgow at 9:15am. We have decided to stay up to try and get back into UK time. We have been awake for 36 hours now but don't actually feel tired anymore.

We finally took off at 8:40pm so we were at the airport for about 7 hours. I kept thinking about all the good things I could have been doing with that day especially given we still had park tickets. We arrived into Glasgow at 9:15am. We have decided to stay up to try and get back into UK time. We have been awake for 36 hours now but don't actually feel tired anymore.
Eek! Staying up 36 hours?? Are you a zombie at that point?

And I totally get you on thinking about all the stuff you could've been doing. I'd probably be a little depressed!

Eek! Staying up 36 hours?? Are you a zombie at that point?

I don't think I was active enough to be a zombie. I hadn't exactly expended much energy in all those hours... particularly given how active I'd been for the past 2 weeks.

And I totally get you on thinking about all the stuff you could've been doing. I'd probably be a little depressed!

Saying that the weather was so severe that it probably would have curtailed park plans. I managed to catch up with my cousin and her family who were in Orlando the same time as us. They were on the other flight back to Glasgow.

It seems like we missed you by just a few days!! DH and I were there 22-26. I'm heading over to your new TR now too!

It seems like we missed you by just a few days!! DH and I were there 22-26. I'm heading over to your new TR now too!

It will be interesting to hear about your most recent visit. As you say we just missed each other. I plan to come back and finish this trip report. I just wanted to get started on our most recent trip while it is still relatively fresh in my memory. I'll see you there!

I've enjoyed spending some time this evening reading over this trip report. Although Hannah and Peter have aged a few years it is interesting to see that their interests haven't really changed. Just popping in with a quick update on life in Scotland. It has been so long now since we have been in Disney.

Life Update: April 2018

Here's hoping Winter is finally behind us.

We certainly had a lot more snow this year. We even had snow days at school which is unheard of for us.

Hannah got the fun of playing Thing One in her Youth Theatre's production of Seussical the Musical.

Alfie has been with us for a year now and has mastered the art of relaxation.

This afternoon Peter and I went to an open training session for the rugby team we support. It was a really good afternoon.

We got to meet the players after the training session.

Just for good measure I will include an American player. He certainly is of good measure - 6ft 7. Peter has a bit of catching up to do.

Sorry Canadian friends - I was hoping we would meet DTH our recently re-signed Canadian but he didn't appear at the end. Maybe Pete will have better luck after the match this weekend.

My apologies for being missing in action. Life just now is revolving around Hannah studying for her exams in May. These are the ones that count in terms of entrance requirements for university. Unfortunately, my photos are all stored on the laptop she is using. I will do my best to get an update at some stage. We did let her have the day off last week to celebrate her 17th birthday! Can't say fairer than that!

Just popping in with a quick update on life in Scotland.
Good to hear from you!

Hannah got the fun of playing Thing One in her Youth Theatre's production of Seussical the Musical.

How fun!

Alfie has been with us for a year now and has mastered the art of relaxation.

Awww...beautiful dog!!

Life just now is revolving around Hannah studying for her exams in May. These are the ones that count in terms of entrance requirements for university.
Good luck to Hannah!

We did let her have the day off last week to celebrate her 17th birthday!
Happy Birthday to her!

Good to hear from you!

Thanks - thought I should check in with everyone!

It looked a really fun character to play.

Awww...beautiful dog!!

Poor Alfie - we went to the vet yesterday as he had a sore bit on his paw and he came home with the cone of shame. He looks so depressed!

Good luck to Hannah!
Thanks - I will pass on to Hannah.

Happy Birthday to her!
Thanks. I can't believe I have a 17 year old. When did that happen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter