The Tenth Honeymoon is the Best One of Them All! - May '14 TR - COMPLETED 4/19

Thank you so much for an amazing trip report! I have read many here, but this is the first time I've felt compelled to comment on one. I really like your writing style!
Thanks! That's a huge compliment! Glad you enjoyed it. And put up with how long it took me to finish it :)
Thank you so much for including all the pictures -- I am waiting not-patiently for meals at a few of the restaurants you went to, like BoG, Sci-Fi and Artist Point. Your pictures made me want to go even worse! We are staying at WL, so I especially appreciated those photos.
All three are really good! Of course, we didn't enjoy AP like we could have due to the family squabble, but the food was delicious. Great beer selection, too. Sci-Fi isn't very highly regarded by some, but we think it's a lot of fun, and the food is good, too, for how non-fancy it is.

I LOVE BoG, and am sad we'll miss it in June. Not sure what I'd give up for it, even if we could get an ADR, though. This is a good problem!
We, too, are going in the *GASP* summer, I know what you mean about those pesky school days getting in the way. We went on two trips previously in early December when we just had elementary school to deal with, but now have two middle-schoolers and a high-schooler, so gone are the school-year trips. I was incredibly jealous of all your low-crowd photos. Gonna be a lot different in June!
HUGE difference in the attitude between elementary schools and middle/high schools! We wanted to pull Dylan again this year (it's his last year before high school), but he protested, since the teachers gave him a REALLY hard time about it the last two years. Standardized testing is getting in the way, too. June will certainly be an adjustment. We've been in parks on busy days before, but not consistently.

Thank you again, for entertaining me all morning!
Sure thing, and happy to be able to do it! I had a lot of fun writing this.

The binge candy-buying on the last day, to use up even more snack credits
  • The story of Dylan jumping out of his seat on our nighttime ride on the Jungle Cruise, due to a very large bug making its way down the bench. It was like the entire right side of the boat was doing the wave on that one.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That must have been hysterical!

We LOVE FastPass+ and the Magic Bands. It just made things so much easier. Sure, it requires planning, but we do that anyway, and it was a lot of fun booking and moving around FP+ reservations. Here's hoping they work out some of the kinks (booking FPs online for 2015 was much less bug-prone), and maximize the potential of the new system. It stinks we just missed the Mine Train grand opening, but that gives us something to look forward do this year.

We just missed Mine Train last May as well, but fortunately I have been back a couple times since than and I've ridden it. It's cute. It's not BTMMR, but its cute. AND - because its so wildly popular the lines for Space and BTMMR were reduced. That was a bonus!

I like the FP+ as well. It really works on those days that you don't want to start rides exactly at 9am. Oh, but wait - you guys don't have those days. :rotfl2:

Innnnnn Summmmmmmerrrrrrrrrr!

That's when we're going :)

June 8-19, to be specific. Stupid middle school! It's shaping up to be an exciting trip so far, though. So exciting, it requires even more bullet points:

• Staying at Caribbean Beach for the first time.
  • Seeing La Nouba, also for the first time.
  • A return to Le Cellier
  • Heat!
  • Crowds!
  • THE MINE TRAIN!

Can't wait. We're officially 7 weeks out now, but oddly enough, don't have a countdown on the refrigerator. That's because Kristin has given away most of our homemade number magnets, so I'll need to make more before we can get that going :)

Just wait until high school, if you think middle school is bad. :faint: Just kidding - it will be the same deal. I'm pretty sure my brother's family will be there the same time. We were originally planning June, but my oldest son has to start an internship as soon as his semester ends, so we had to switch everything to August, which was more points. Boo!

Anyway - You are going to love La Nouba. It is fantastic. And I also hope you love CBR. It's a really pretty resort. Enjoy!

I'm fashionably late to comment but I followed along for the entirety of your TR ( if I'm accurate, a half entirety since I stumbled upon it halfway through) and wanted to leave a quick note to say how much I liked your writing style! It had me cracking up (Dylan on the Jungle Cruise with the bug is hysterical!) and made me even more pumped for our own May trip. Looking forward to the June TR!

We just missed Mine Train last May as well, but fortunately I have been back a couple times since than and I've ridden it. It's cute. It's not BTMMR, but its cute. AND - because its so wildly popular the lines for Space and BTMMR were reduced. That was a bonus!

Nice! Here's hoping that continues into the Summer!

I like the FP+ as well. It really works on those days that you don't want to start rides exactly at 9am. Oh, but wait - you guys don't have those days. :rotfl2:

We don't hit rope drop as much as we used to, but do still tend to get to the parks fairly early. Last year, Kristin said she planned to stay at the resort until mid-afternoon rather than going to the park early. I said I was going to the park. She changed her mind after both kids decided to come with me :)

Anyway - You are going to love La Nouba. It is fantastic. And I also hope you love CBR. It's a really pretty resort. Enjoy!

I'm VERY excited about this! We didn't originally intend to see it, but since we didn't plan on hitting DisneyQuest this year, I figured this would be a great time to actually do it. We're seeing the early show, then following it up with Raglan Road.

I'm fashionably late to comment but I followed along for the entirety of your TR ( if I'm accurate, a half entirety since I stumbled upon it halfway through) and wanted to leave a quick note to say how much I liked your writing style! It had me cracking up (Dylan on the Jungle Cruise with the bug is hysterical!) and made me even more pumped for our own May trip. Looking forward to the June TR!

Thanks!

The bug thing was crazy, because we were about to yell at him for trying to emulate that famous graphic of the people dancing in their seats with the red slash across it. You know the graphic. Turns out, he had a legitimate excuse :)

Jealous of your May trip!

Jon, I leave for Florida in four days. I just wanted to ask you to PM me when you do your next TR so I don't miss it.

Jon, I leave for Florida in four days. I just wanted to ask you to PM me when you do your next TR so I don't miss it.

Absolutely! Have a GREAT time! Let me know when you start yours, too. One problem I have is a arrive too late and can't catch up. The other is that I don't keep up. The second one is on me!

Well, it took reading at odd hours for a day or so, but I finished your trip report. ;) What a terrific sense of humor you have and you all are such a lovely family! :D Can't wait for your next TR or PTR-if you do those!

Well, it took reading at odd hours for a day or so, but I finished your trip report. ;) What a terrific sense of humor you have and you all are such a lovely family! :D Can't wait for your next TR or PTR-if you do those!

I was getting alerts when you would "like" one of my posts in this TR, so I could tell exactly where you were in the TR at any given point in time :) I'm up at odd hours, too, and for no good reason.

Glad you enjoyed it! My mind is basically an index of TV and movie references and most-ridiculous-case scenarios that I can apply to just about any situation, and apparently, that comes through in my writing. Listening to the Axis of Awesome and watching The Simpsons, Family Guy, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia while writing contributes, too. Happy you appreciate it. It's certainly not for everyone ;)

I tried writing a PTR once, but abandoned it because it really wasn't that interesting. My PTR is essentially the first few posts of the TR now.

And speaking of, I have most of that written for our upcoming trip in June, so there will definitely be a TR again this year! No repeats of 2013. That was embarrassing. Especially since that was the year Kristin had the broken foot, so the story WAS interesting. Let's hope this year's trip is less "interesting"! No more stomach bugs, please.

Thanks for reading!

I was getting alerts when you would "like" one of my posts in this TR, so I could tell exactly where you were in the TR at any given point in time :) I'm up at odd hours, too, and for no good reason.

Glad you enjoyed it! My mind is basically an index of TV and movie references and most-ridiculous-case scenarios that I can apply to just about any situation, and apparently, that comes through in my writing. Listening to the Axis of Awesome and watching The Simpsons, Family Guy, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia while writing contributes, too. Happy you appreciate it. It's certainly not for everyone ;)

I tried writing a PTR once, but abandoned it because it really wasn't that interesting. My PTR is essentially the first few posts of the TR now.

And speaking of, I have most of that written for our upcoming trip in June, so there will definitely be a TR again this year! No repeats of 2013. That was embarrassing. Especially since that was the year Kristin had the broken foot, so the story WAS interesting. Let's hope this year's trip is less "interesting"! No more stomach bugs, please.

Thanks for reading!

As a new lurker on the board I discovered your TR's and really enjoyed reading them. Like many others, I am also waiting for a new report and wondering how you will like CBR. I think you may have sold us on trying CSR on our next trip. Hope you and your family have a great trip in June.

As a new lurker on the board I discovered your TR's and really enjoyed reading them. Like many others, I am also waiting for a new report and wondering how you will like CBR. I think you may have sold us on trying CSR on our next trip. Hope you and your family have a great trip in June.

Thank you, and hope these TRs assist in your decision! KatMark's posts were largely instrumental in us trying CSR, and we certainly don't regret it.

BTW, I am honored to be the recipient of your very first DISboards post! Welcome!

I read several trip reports before our first trip to WDW in 2010, but I don't recall any as entertaining as yours. Read your report to prepare for this year's trip. Thanks so much for sharing! You are a great ambassador for CSR too....It is so beautiful in your pictures.

Ooooh! I forgot to add, we also got the Orange Bird and Hitchhiking Ghost (that glows in the dark!) antennae toppers. They have not been stolen. We also got about 8 other ones, including Mickey in a rain poncho, the castle, and Jack Skellington. We can't stop buying them. I hope all of yours remain in your possession!

I read several trip reports before our first trip to WDW in 2010, but I don't recall any as entertaining as yours. Read your report to prepare for this year's trip. Thanks so much for sharing! You are a great ambassador for CSR too....It is so beautiful in your pictures.

Thanks! Maybe, one day, Disney will start paying me :)

I've had several people on the DISboards tell me they went with CSR because of my TRs. That makes me all warm and happy inside :)

Ooooh! I forgot to add, we also got the Orange Bird and Hitchhiking Ghost (that glows in the dark!) antennae toppers. They have not been stolen. We also got about 8 other ones, including Mickey in a rain poncho, the castle, and Jack Skellington. We can't stop buying them. I hope all of yours remain in your possession!

The Orange Bird and Hitchhiking Ghost are still in my possession, as is the Mickey that was once superhero Mickey, until his cape fell off. I still have the Nemo one I got two years ago. Lost the Test Track one, which I loved, the Mickey Ice Cream Bar, and Jack Skellington, among others.

Perhaps the thieves had their fill!

OK, this trip report train has probably already left the station but......
I just had to come back to say WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD THIS YEAR!!! (after all). :yay: We aren't going in October - we're going in August (16-20) the week before Emily starts college. I've never been to WDW in August - should be interesting compared to October!

It's one of those things were all the stars aligned just right. I'll be getting 50,000 in Southwest Rewards Points this month so the airfare will be covered. Then I got an awesome TA rate at the Polynesian with discounted tickets. It's fate I tell ya!

OK, off to make some dining reservations......yeah!

OK, this trip report train has probably already left the station but......
I just had to come back to say WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD THIS YEAR!!! (after all). :yay: We aren't going in October - we're going in August (16-20) the week before Emily starts college. I've never been to WDW in August - should be interesting compared to October!

It's one of those things were all the stars aligned just right. I'll be getting 50,000 in Southwest Rewards Points this month so the airfare will be covered. Then I got an awesome TA rate at the Polynesian with discounted tickets. It's fate I tell ya!

OK, off to make some dining reservations......yeah!

Awesome news! Our trip is innnnn summerrrrrrrr this year, too (4 weeks to the day, to be exact - woo hoo!), and it will definitely be an adjustment!

Glad to hear it. Hope you get all your ADRs!

Awesome Trip Report!!!!!
I'm so glad that you finished, and that I was able to read the rest as well! I must say Tutto Italia looks delicious, and that I think I'll get the family to try that next trip!
I hope that you guys have a fantastic trip this year, and that you successfully become a CBR convert. haha!!
Thanks for sharing, and you better come back with a new TR this year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter