• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Tale of the Grow Walk ….Hunh?

Loved the fairies.

Hello Prince Phillip.

I really watched the dragon….waiting for that fire breathing moment….. Come on Phillip….Go fight her!

She’s lifting her head! Surely she’s about to blow!

Nope! Nothing at all.

I was so disappointed that she didn’t blow fire. I texted Janet to let her know and we both hoped that it wasn’t something that was only done for the debut parade or special occasions.
Another odd thing is that Aurora is not in this parade at all. I have heard a few people think they have seen her, but no, she is not in this parade anywhere. I have watched it online, watched it at the parks twice (I will be watching it the next day as well), and gone over all my pictures…she is not in this parade. Now there is a theory and though it’s not confirmed in any way, I am betting it might be right or on the right path. We, meaning all my cohorts who like to talk Disney…..think that she was supposed to be on the first float with the Princesses, but then Frozen took off and Disney wasn’t prepared for it and they replaced her with Anna and Elsa. I can’t say this is true, but this parade was in the works long before Frozen came out and I am guessing they never intended to originally have Anna and Elsa on the float.
That’s my theory and I am sticking to it!

Next!

Thanks Jiminey for this pose!

I know I have said it over and over…but I just loved all the wild costumes.

Donald and Daisy.

Pluto!

These girls costumes are supposed to represent the “Big Top” circus theme, but for some reason, I keep thinking they look like Mad Hatters…and I call the Hatter girls. LOL.

Look over here Mickey!

And with that, it was over.
I think I covered it for you all fairly nicely…only missing a few things…..

So what did we think of the parade? AWESOME!!!!!!! It’s my new favorite at the parks….of course there are not many parades left at the parks anymore. Spectro is still my all-time favorite, but that is NOT coming back. And the Animal Kingdom parade is still 2nd, but again, that has now ended, but this one ranked up there with them. We were chattering away about it as we waked away….quickly…because little Miss Claire needed a bathroom break…and fast!

After the bathroom break we took a few minute to decide what to do next and of course I was trying to conquer the app that only worked some of the time.
There was this dog across from us and I asked how they were allowed to bring a dog in…..she’s a service dog! How cute is she? She had her official patch on and everything. I am not sure what kind of service she does as she’s not very big at all, but I am sure no one has told her that.

I did ask if I could take her picture.

AWESOME parade pics! I agree 100%, those costumes are incredible. So much detail, so colorful - they did a great job. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I took so many parade pictures....but it was neat to be able to be there when it was so new!

Jen, your parade pictures are soooooo good! I had forgotten about the new parade so we only caught a glimpse of it when we were on the train. It looked awesome even from where we were. After looking at your pictures, I know that we simply must see it next trip.

Jen, your parade pictures are soooooo good! I had forgotten about the new parade so we only caught a glimpse of it when we were on the train. It looked awesome even from where we were. After looking at your pictures, I know that we simply must see it next trip.

Oh no!!!! It was a top must do for us this trip. I had been following a long for a while and even had a preview glimpse of one float so I just had to see it for myself and get pictures. We saw it twice this trip and we just loved it.

That parade really looks amazing and well done on getting a great spot. What a shame that the dragon did not breathe fire.

Corinna

Terrific parade pictures, Jen.

I know I read somewhere why Aurora wasn't in the parade but for the life of me I cannot remember.

The parade pictures really have me anxious to see it now...those costumes are fabulous.

I am going to try to change one of my FP+ selections and get preferred parade seating. Mark will definitely want to see this next month.

If I don't get back here, enjoy your short trip.

Loving the TR so far!! :)

Pics of FoF came out GREAT! When my family was down there about a week after it opened they were picked to be the grand marshalls! Of course it would happen while I wasn't there with them!! :(

You have such amazing pics of the parade! I remember seeing them on fb and was Wowed! I like how a lot of the performers kept posing for you. I think the face characters are probably the best I've ever seen in a parade. They look like their having so much fun. I hope we get to see this parade on our upcoming trip. I hate to have to stay in a good spot for a while, but it looks like it'd be worth it.

I think the little service dogs are for emotional therapy or something for people with disorders.

That parade really looks amazing and well done on getting a great spot. What a shame that the dragon did not breathe fire.

Corinna

It is really amazing! I was bummed, but not the end of the world with the dragon. ;)

Terrific parade pictures, Jen.

I know I read somewhere why Aurora wasn't in the parade but for the life of me I cannot remember.

The parade pictures really have me anxious to see it now...those costumes are fabulous.

I am going to try to change one of my FP+ selections and get preferred parade seating. Mark will definitely want to see this next month.

If I don't get back here, enjoy your short trip.

Oh gosh, if you remember what you heard....let me know. It just seems odd that they have the whole big dragon part and she isn't in the parade at all.

Loving the TR so far!! :)

Pics of FoF came out GREAT! When my family was down there about a week after it opened they were picked to be the grand marshalls! Of course it would happen while I wasn't there with them!! :(

OH no!!!! I would've been so mad. :headache:

Following along :surfweb:
Your parade photos turned out fantastic. The characters were animated and costuming was vibrant. You had a great location.
Can't wait to read more:thumbsup2

FANTASTIC parade pics Jen!! :thumbsup2 We missed this parade back in June. I've got to make time to see it after looking at your pics! Great, great TR!!

Following along :surfweb:
Your parade photos turned out fantastic. The characters were animated and costuming was vibrant. You had a great location.
Can't wait to read more:thumbsup2

Thanks for joining!
I loved taking pictures of it. It was such a great parade!

FANTASTIC parade pics Jen!! :thumbsup2 We missed this parade back in June. I've got to make time to see it after looking at your pics! Great, great TR!!

Thanks! You do need to go see it at least once.

We thought about a Dole Whip Float, but the line was just way to long so we moved on. We were a little bit hungry and we knew were weren’t going to make it till our ADR, which I think was around 7PM, so we went in search of something to help take care of that need.

We ended up just going in Pecos Bills for some food. The lines were long everywhere and we just sucked it up and got in one here. I swear this is one of the slowest serving places though….good thing I like the food here.

My small snack turned into a meal.

We shared the fries, but Claire got some chili.

The burgers here are so good….and I am craving one right now.

We had a few friends in the area while we ate.

With our bellies now full we moved on again.

It was time for our next Fastpass of the day…Peter Pan.

I tried to get a picture of the screen the CM’s look at when they scan your band.

It’s just too dark on Peter Pan, so I pretty much have given up on taking pictures, but we enjoyed the ride, even though it is way too short.

They had been repainting the peaks on the castle and it was neat to see the changes throughout the week. I had seen pictures before we had arrived and all the turrets were stripped and then grey for a few days and slowly, one by one, they were turning back to blue.

Hello Mr. Bird.

It was just so crowded and everything had a long wait, so I mentioned to Claire that maybe we should’ve just taken a longer cruise and maybe in the future, if we come at this time of year, we’ll just skip the parks. She had a look of horror on her face. She said we could NEVER skip the parks. LOL. Well it was good the crowds weren’t getting her down.

We decided to get in line for Dumbo now.

When we got to the waiting room area, I told the CM we did not want to go in there, he said I didn’t have a choice. Ugh. Last time we were given a choice and we chose not to. As we walked in, Claire told me I better not force her to play on anything in there. LOL……I won’t. It’s extremely on the babyish side. We walked to the far left corner and sat on a bench away from everyone else and I handed Claire the beeper.

Funny....Pecos Bills is the only CS we won't eat at when we are at the MK. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your pictures are so vibrant.

I agree with you...Peter Pan is too short and why we don't ride it every year...just not worth the long wait and I hate using a FP for it.

We have never had to wait in the "play" area at Dumbo...it must have really been crowded for you. And :yay::yay::yay: Claire not wanting to give up the parks.

Yummmmmm, Pecos Bill's! We love that place and the liquid cheese. Do you know that we still haven't ridden Dumbo since they moved it? Poor Miss Claire, she didn't want anything to do with all that baby/kid stuff while waiting to ride.

Love the pictures on Splash!

CM's were riding Mine Train when I was there, but it never opened in time for my May visit. BUT - I do have a FP for October, so YAY! :cool1:

Great shot of the water flowing into Gaston's mug!

It was crazy to see the moat drained when we were there in March!

Love this pic! What a cool costume!

Your parade pictures are GREAT! I really think Tink stole the show. She is too cute!

I want this costume for Halloween! So cute!

That service dog is so cute. Maybe a seizure dog? :confused3

Sorry the crowds were getting so annoying. Good thing Claire didn't mind!

Your "snack" looks great. I made the mistake to read this update just before dinner. What a shame that they made you wait in the waiting area. I can understand that Claire wanted nothing to do with this.

Corinna

Funny....Pecos Bills is the only CS we won't eat at when we are at the MK. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your pictures are so vibrant.

I agree with you...Peter Pan is too short and why we don't ride it every year...just not worth the long wait and I hate using a FP for it.

We have never had to wait in the "play" area at Dumbo...it must have really been crowded for you. And :yay::yay::yay: Claire not wanting to give up the parks.

We hadn't gone there for years,...though I think I ate there many years ago when my older 2 were little....then we rediscovered it a few years ago and just love it. I love the toppings bar for the burgers...and I love the burgers there. I have heard some people say they have gotten some bad burgers, so maybe I have just lucked out.
Peter Pan is way too short, but such a nice classic, but you are right, it really sucks to use a FP on it. If I didn't though, Claire would've insisted waiting in line. She won't wait in line for many things, but thats one she will for some odd reason.
I was not happy about having to stay in the play area....but it was extremely busy that week. I had a friend go the week after us and she said things were much more managable. I think I just had the worst spring break week this year.

Yummmmmm, Pecos Bill's! We love that place and the liquid cheese. Do you know that we still haven't ridden Dumbo since they moved it? Poor Miss Claire, she didn't want anything to do with all that baby/kid stuff while waiting to ride.

We however did not make a toppings bar leftover salad like John does. :lmao:
Claire loves chili, so that worked out well for her. She is so picky...I know you know how it is with Hunter...so when she branches out from pizza, hot dogs, or chicken nuggets I am always happy.
Dumbo is a lot easier to get on these days with the 2nd one added. The play area really is geared for very little kids though.
They need some adult activities in there too.

Love the pictures on Splash!

thanks

CM's were riding Mine Train when I was there, but it never opened in time for my May visit. BUT - I do have a FP for October, so YAY! :cool1:

There is a chance......slight chance I will be riding it this weekend after all. I was talking to a friend....who has a friend....who has a friend type of thing.

It was crazy to see the moat drained when we were there in March!

Wasn't is odd?

Love this pic! What a cool costume!

Your parade pictures are GREAT! I really think Tink stole the show. She is too cute!

I loved the costumes. I heard a few people say they thought they were crazy, but I really thought that were great.

And yes, Tink was REALLY good!!!

I want this costume for Halloween! So cute!

I know a fabulous seamstress who could probably whip that right up for you!

That service dog is so cute. Maybe a seizure dog? :confused3

Sorry the crowds were getting so annoying. Good thing Claire didn't mind!

Oh that could be. When I think service dogs I think mainly blind, but it was obvious this lady wasn't blind....and I wasn't about to ask what her issues were. :rotfl:

Claire was a trooper, which really helps..had she been a rotten kid, the whole trip would've been different.

Your "snack" looks great. I made the mistake to read this update just before dinner. What a shame that they made you wait in the waiting area. I can understand that Claire wanted nothing to do with this.

Corinna

I'm on vacation....so a snack can be a meal. :rotfl2:
Luckily we didn't have to wait too long and we found a nice spot in a corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter