• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Swan Hotel

3disneygirls

Earning My Ears
HI, We are visiting Disney World in October 2013. We are staying at the Swan Hotel in a Deluxe Alcove room. Has anyone stayed there and do they have any pertinent information to share about it? Thanks!

The topic of deluxe alcove rooms recently came up on the Swan/Dolphin Resort thread here, and there's a link to photos of the room here.

Not sure how many are in your traveling party, but it was plenty roomy for 2 adults. Having two separate sink vanities (one in the bathroom itself; one just outside of it) was definitely a plus.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them here, or you can pick the brains of the folks over on the S/D Resort thread. Obviously, we're big fans of the resort, and love to spread the world about how terrific the property is.

HI,
Thanks for your reply. We will actually have our three girls with us. I called the resort and they said it was enough room for all of us. They also said there would be no extra charge for the additional occupants. Do you think that is true?

My wife and I stayed in a deluxe alcove for our honeymoon and enjoyed it tremendously. Plenty of space, though we had a king sized bed. The only tradeoff was that we had a crummy view of the top of the roof of the Garden Grove restuarant. It didn't bother us though, the other window had a beautiful view of the Dolphin!

HI,
Thanks for your reply. We will actually have our three girls with us. I called the resort and they said it was enough room for all of us. They also said there would be no extra charge for the additional occupants. Do you think that is true?
I know the maximum occupancy for a standard room is 4 people, so I guess it's possible that the larger deluxe alcove room would accommodate an additional person.

Did they tell you what the configuration of the room is? Is it 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa, or will you have to request a rollaway bed?

It is a king bed and a pull our sofa. That works for my family. I just don't want to be charged for an extra person. Not sure if they charge for extra kids.

We stayed in a deluxe alcove a few years ago. We were a party of 5 (3 adults and 2 kids). It was fabulous. The pull out sofa was not comfortable, so we put the mattress on the floor. That was comfy. The roll away bed was super. I'm not sure if there was a charge for the roll away bed since we booked on points.

If you need to wash laundry, you have to go to the Dolphin. The up side to that is that the laundry room is right next to the door to the pool complex. The kids swam and the adults checked the laundry.

Quick service is also in Dolphin, but we only ate in the resorts once. We are usually in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter