The Summer of Disney - Two trips in two months! June & July, 2010

Your wish is my command! :rotfl:

Here's Smudge at 10 weeks! :goodvibes

sonogram36-23.jpg

Little Smudge how cute:cloud9::goodvibes

Getting caught up! Love the WL pics so far. I miss it there that's for sure!

Aw, Smudge! Are you going to tell him/her when they get older of this name that you have for them? :laughing:

What a cute sonogram picture! Are you going to find out if you have a girl or boy Smudge?

Getting caught up! Love the WL pics so far. I miss it there that's for sure!

Aw, Smudge! Are you going to tell him/her when they get older of this name that you have for them? :laughing:

LOL, we haven't even discussed that! Although, trying to come up with names is so hard, Smudge might end up being the name on the birth certificate! :rotfl: (j/k... I hope!!!)

Looks more like John than you!

LOL, I'll tell John you said that!

What a cute sonogram picture! Are you going to find out if you have a girl or boy Smudge?

Thanks! Yes, we hope to find out (I'm actually hoping for a guess at my next u/s, even though I know it'll be too early to tell definitively). We're not sure if we'll share that news with family/friends (lots of reasons as to why), but I'll definitely fill you in, as I'm going to want you to pick up some baby gear at WDW on your October trip! ;)

Aww, Smudge is so cute!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Joining in! WL is a favorite resort, we hope to DVC there someday! Congrats on the baby, your trips will be much different in years to come but so fun!

So you all said you may be going in March?? Any chance I can get you to repeat your dates? I'm still scheming a disney trip, even if it kills me! :lmao:

Smudge is adorable :) My sister is due Feb. 9th!

Joining in! WL is a favorite resort, we hope to DVC there someday! Congrats on the baby, your trips will be much different in years to come but so fun!

Glad to have you along, Laura! We really liked WL, our favorite DVC so far! Thanks for the congrats, we're really excited!

Jumping in! Congratulations on Smudge!! It sounds like you have an exciting summer planned!

Welcome, and thanks! It's a busy summer for sure!

So you all said you may be going in March?? Any chance I can get you to repeat your dates? I'm still scheming a disney trip, even if it kills me! :lmao:

Smudge is adorable :) My sister is due Feb. 9th!

Our March dates are almost the same (trip has been booked since 11 months out, the earliest we can make DVC ressies) - it's March 12-18 right now. We might drop the first night, depending on when Smudge makes his/her appearance - if I'm still on maternity leave, we'll go ahead and get there on Saturday, March 12, but if I go back to work before Spring Break, we'll probably change our arrival date to March 13.

Wow, I seem to be falling way behind on this TR... time to kick it into gear, because I leave for NY on Friday, and then for Disney trip #2 almost as soon as we get back from the NY trip... so here we go...

Chapter 2: Our first park of the trip!

After finishing up the turkey sandwich at Roaring Forks, we decided it was time to head out to a park. Since we were staying at VWL, the boat launch to MK seemed like the best bet, so that's what we did! It's a short walk from WL to the boat launch, right past the pool area, so we arrived quickly at the dock... and luckily, there was a boat pulling up as we arrived.

P6060044.jpg

looking at the Villas from the boat dock...

P6060049.jpg

passing the Contemporary

P6060051.jpg

Space Mtn from the boat

P6060054.jpg

The Grand Floridian from the boat

After a short (maybe 10 minute?) ride, we arrived at MK! The lines for bag check were short, and soon we were entering the park. For a Sunday afternoon in June, the crowds seemed REALLY light... in fact, I think these were the smallest crowds we've ever been able to experience at WDW!

P6060055.jpg

And soon, our first view of my castle:
P6060056.jpg

We decided to head first to
P6060058.jpg

where we rode
P6060059.jpg

with a
P6060060.jpg

After Jungle Cruise, I believe we rode POTC although I don't seem to have picture evidence to support that idea, and then we headed over to grab FPs for Splash Mountain, the only mountain I felt comfortable riding with Smudge on board. After grabbing the FPs, we decided it was snack time, so we took the train back around to the Main Street station.

P6060069.jpg

And headed to the Main Street Bakery to try the amazing ice cream sandwiches we'd heard so much about:
P6060063.jpg

This was sooooo rich and sweet, we were barely able to finish it even though we shared!

Since we still had time before our FPs could be used, we decided to go on
P6060064.jpg

P6060065.jpg

The wait was not anywhere near 15 minutes, though - it was more like walk-on! I think we may have ridden it twice since the wait was so short!

P6060066.jpg

After our trips on Buzz, we headed over to use our FPs. I :love: having a waterproof camera, because I can get great pictures on the water rides without being afraid of messing up the camera!

P6060072.jpg

P6060073.jpg

P6060075.jpg

P6060076.jpg

P6060078.jpg

After Splash, we'd pretty much exhausted everything I was comfortable riding with Smudge, except for Fantasyland... and we had an early morning breakfast ressie planned, and figured we'd hit Fantasyland that day, so we decided it was time for an afternoon break. We took the boat back to VWL, and arrived just in time to see the geyser!

P6060080.jpg

I snapped a picture of WL as we headed back inside for our afternoon nap:
P6060082.jpg

Where would we go after our rest?

I can't believe the low crowds at MK! You got some really great pictures on Splash. An afternoon naps sounds divine. :cloud9:

I can't believe the low crowds at MK! You got some really great pictures on Splash. An afternoon naps sounds divine. :cloud9:

I know, the park was practically empty - it was crazy! Thanks for the compliments on the pictures... I don't know why some of them are still sideways, they're all correct in photobucket... :confused3 Oh well, I'll try to figure it out later. You're right, an afternoon nap does sound divine... I just might have to go take one! :rotfl:

Congratulations on your little Smudge!

I stumbled upon your Christmas trip report as I was killing time this evening. We were at the World from December 20th to January 2nd, and it was interesting to read another's take of the crowds during that time period. Can't imagine doing that time period with extended family....you're a brave soul! :)

We were also at Wilderness Lodge from May 29th to June 6th, flying in and out of DFW on American Airlines. Small world, right? :) I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting off the boat from the Magic Kingdom as you were boarding. Check out days are always the worst!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!

Wow, I've really slacked on this report... spending 2 weeks in NYC with DH's family really interfered with my DIS time! :rotfl: I'm going to try to fly through the rest of this report in the next three days, since we leave again on Tuesday.... but if I don't finish (which is likely), then this will become a two-trips-in-one kind fo report! Hope nobody minds... :rolleyes1

I'm uploading photos from day 2 to photobucket now... and trying to find the pictures for rest of day 1... I might not have ever downloaded them from the dSLR, or I might not have converted the photos to a format I can post. The next update should be arriving shortly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter