The Summer of Disney - Two trips in two months! June & July, 2010

michellem1118

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We got home late Friday night from our 1st Disney trip of the summer, and it's time to get this trip report going. We've only got 6 weeks til the next one, and we'll be in NYC visiting family for 1.5 weeks of that. I'm sorry for the less-than-creative trip report title... maybe I'll be inspired when we take trip #2...

The cast of this trip is nearly the same as on our past trips....
there's me, Michelle, and my DH, John... here we are on our March trip...

Image0472.jpg

There's an addition to the cast for this trip, though.... who will be introduced in my next post, after I load up the pictures.

Our dates were June 6-11, and we stayed at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge for the first time.

More coming soon!

Hi there! Addition? Can't wait to here all the details!!! ;)

I happen to like your title!! :goodvibes

Mmmmm, I'm definitely intrigued by who the addition to the cast is! I'll be back to find out!

I'm in, can't wait to see who the addition ispopcorn::

:welcome: The introduction of the addition is coming up shortly!

I am here!​

Glad to have you along!

Hi there! Addition? Can't wait to here all the details!!! ;)

I happen to like your title!! :goodvibes

Hi! Glad you like the title... it didn't feel very creative to me. :teeth:

Mmmmm, I'm definitely intrigued by who the addition to the cast is! I'll be back to find out!

Coming up shortly! There are guest appearances by other DISers, too! :goodvibes

Getting in on the ground floor. Can't wait for more!

Thanks for joining in! I'm dealing with pictures now, so this show should start pretty quickly!

ooh who is it? popcorn:: Subscribing :goodvibes

You'll find out soon! Glad to have you along for the ride!

When I left off, I mentioned that we had a new addition to our cast of characters for this trip...

INTRODUCING......

sonogram2.jpg

"Smudge"
:woohoo:

After many months of trying, DH & I are thrilled to be expecting our first child. "Smudge," nicknamed because that's all s/he looks like in the sonogram picture above, is due in mid-January. I was just over 7 weeks along when this Disney trip started, and it was definitely a very different kind of trip for us.

And now that you know the news, a question for everyone.... how young is too young for the first trip to Disney??? If you notice our tickers below, we have a spring break trip scheduled for next year already... a CLUB LEVEL reservation, at that. "Smudge" will be ~8 weeks old at that time. We've thought about moving the ressie to June, right after we get out of school, when "Smudge" will be about 5 months old, but after the heat a few of the days last week, we're not sure we want to subject an infant to that... oh, the dilemmas that Disney addicts face.... ;)

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. Now for your questions......hmmmm, we've been in August and it's hot....really hot and humid.....but there's always the poools to go back to and cool off a bit:cool1:

Congratulations!!!!!!! I always say if they home from the hospital you are good to go anywhere. They have had there shots what better way to build an immune system. I am a mother of two healthy boys. Can't wait to hear and see more. I was hooked when I read your introduction my name is Michele and my DH is John:goodvibes.

Congratulations !!!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news. Now for your questions......hmmmm, we've been in August and it's hot....really hot and humid.....but there's always the poools to go back to and cool off a bit:cool1:

We've been in late July/August before as well, and although TX is just as hot, at home we wouldn't ever have to leave the air conditioning....

Congratulations!!!!!!! I always say if they home from the hospital you are good to go anywhere. They have had there shots what better way to build an immune system. I am a mother of two healthy boys. Can't wait to hear and see more. I was hooked when I read your introduction my name is Michele and my DH is John:goodvibes.

I like the way you think! Plus, what better trip to just enjoy the resort than the one where we're booked in club level?!?! ;)

Hey! I just happened to fall upon your trip report, can't wait to read about the summer of disney... I'd say take your baby to Disney when it's cooler out, plus there will be less crowds. Might as well start the addiction early...

Hey! I just happened to fall upon your trip report, can't wait to read about the summer of disney... I'd say take your baby to Disney when it's cooler out, plus there will be less crowds. Might as well start the addiction early...

Welcome! Glad you joined in. :goodvibes I like the way you think, too... for now, we're definitely leaning towards keeping the March trip as scheduled. ;)

i'm here! alrighty, going back to catch up!

awwww!!!!!!! SMUDGE!!!!!! congratulations! That's wonderful news! wow...Disney World at 8 weeks old?! What a lucky little one! Can't wait to hear more!

Jumped over from Wigd and Shocker's TR! Congratulations on "Smudge." That is exciting!

I'm here! Congratulations!!!! Did that mean you had to leave behind your "Slushie Lushie" tag for this trip :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter